Vhale

How many Boom Metals have you caught?

How many CB Metals have you caught since January?  

379 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There is/was a boom?!

Before boom: I estimate 3 metals per 24 hours in all biomes

Boom peak: approxiamately 1 metal per biome per hour

Boom currently: approxiamately 1 metal per biome per every three hours.

Before boom: I estimate 3 metals per 24 hours in all biomes

Boom peak: approxiamately 1 metal per biome per hour

Boom currently: approxiamately 1 metal per biome per every three hours.

I would even go so far to say that during the boom peak, 1 was only a minimum and the approximation would be closer to 3 per hour per biome.

[And yes, I did see that many on a frequent basis with how much I hunted during that time. I had to have missed around 40+ metals before I netted my silver.]

Edited by Bu-tan

I would agree, 3 per hour seemed common. I'm still seeing that occasionally.

Missed about 15 now, caught 0. Looks like lady luck is not on my side these plentiful times.

I haven't heard the term "boom metal" before.. is that the same as a Caveborn Metal?

They are referring to the recent "boom" i.e high amounts of them that have been failing in the cave (CB) over the last few weeks.

They are referring to the recent "boom" i.e high amounts of them that have been failing in the cave (CB) over the last few weeks.

Ah ok.. that makes sense... thanks Ruby:)

Ah ok.. that makes sense... thanks Ruby:)

Your welcome smile.gif

I've caught one silver since the "boom" by myself but have been gifted 2 silvers and traded for 2 golds and 2 silvers from the boom. So the boom has been pretty nice to me.

I managed to catch my first and only CB Silver a month ago but traded it away for a CB Neglected hatchie, no luck with catching more CB metals though. >_<

I was able to catch a CB gold not too long ago, and plus my silvers and other golds had some successful breeding.

My breeding has been much better but no CB metals for me. In fact in five years of playing the only CB metal I have is a Gold I 'mis-clicked' during a new release LOL.

Is no one else worried what we will eventually have to pay for this boon? (it is boon, not boom, no?) Last year after a rash of metal breeding nothing bred for an ENTIRE year, could be a 2 this time around sad.gif

I think we are all worried that we're going to have a repeat. That's why everyone is trying SO HARD right now to get/breed what they can while we can.

I am personally enjoying it while it lasts >< I have been able to bred dragons for projects that I have been trying YEARS for.

Like this for instance http://dragcave.net/lineage/QAr5A

Plus I have been able to breed a couple purebreds that I never dreamed would happen >< I am enjoying this and for now forgetting about any negatives it might bring. I keep hoping all this is just a result of TJ tweaking something and that it is here to stay.

Been playing for 5years, caught my first CB Gold about a year ago and netted three CB Metals (2 Silvers, 1 Gold) the past month or so. I've kept them all as part of my scroll goals. smile.gif Breeding has been great! I've mostly traded for bloodswaps.

My technique mostly involve ambush - camping out in lesser visited biomes increase your chances. Most of my Metals were also caught well into the hour (xx:20+), when people have drifted away to other things. smile.gif

I think we are all worried that we're going to have a repeat. That's why everyone is trying SO HARD right now to get/breed what they can while we can.

Well... That's why I'm hoarding =.=

Well... That's why I'm hoarding =.=

Most understandable! I'm personally gifting mine to family and BFF. I've got one personal gifting goal to make and then I am SO DONE.

My technique mostly involve ambush - camping out in lesser visited biomes increase your chances. Most of my Metals were also caught well into the hour (xx:20+), when people have drifted away to other things. smile.gif

This has been about the only reason I've gotten any, aside from hardcore hunting laaaaaaaaaate at night. I caught 1 gold and 1 silver two hours apart somewhere around 3-5am cave time last night. [i wish you guys could have heard how excited my mother was when I dropped them in her lap this morning.] I thank Tabitah for keeping me motivated to keep trying. Hard to keep yourself in the biomes for up to thirty minutes at a time sometimes. x.X

And as an update for Vhale. That's only brought my caught count up to 4. 2 golds. 2 silvers. Just need one last gold for my BFF!

Edited by Bu-tan

Can't change my poll response, but I decided to try hunting again this afternoon and grabbed two more (Gold and Silver) in the drop before last. I was all blink.gif because I used to never even see metals on the weekends, much less catch some.

And 2 more. Where were these weekend metals when I was scouring the cave last year? xd.png

If it weren't for the Shimmermania right now, I'd at least try getting a 2nd gen Tinsel...not that I would get one, mind you, but I'd try. laugh.gif

Edited by skauble

Caught a total of 6 cb metals which is a record for me biggrin.gif

I saw many CB Metals fly by, but I couldn't manage to snag one.

Up until a few months ago I only had 1 bred metal - a nastily inbred Silver (I let him reach adulthood, and bred him when I was till new here, then when I checked my entire scroll population for inbreeding I discovered he sadly had been :/ ). I ended up letting it go, and just throwing it to the wind that I'd ever have another.

Then this boom happened, and I managed to trade for a 2nd gen Silver, a 4th Gen Silver, and I grabbed 2 Silver eggs from the CB for freezing smile.gif

So far as Golds go, I traded for my first bred Gold EVER (I've been a member since 2010) a couple weeks before the boom, and then during the boom managed to catch a few messy eggs for freezing.

In spite of no CB Metals, I still consider myself lucky.