Vhale

How many Boom Metals have you caught?

How many CB Metals have you caught since January?  

379 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have two computers. One Mac and one PC. The PC is a lovely Falcon Northwest gaming rig with lots of ram, a SSD drive, Razor Mouse and fancy logitech keyboard. My mac is a first generation imac (white, not silver) and is 10 years oldish. Still a dual core though with 3 gigs of ram. Both run on cable internet.

I don't catch stuff on the pc. I catch stuff on the old mac which has sadly been rebooting itself, possibly due to bad memory or overheating. It also needs to be rebooted once a day, I think I spent about a week not catching anything because I forgot that it gets sluggish if it's left on for too long.

But the keyboard on the mac is slightly smaller and much easier for me to refresh with. (command r instead of ctrl r) Possibly because I smushed my left hand in a car wreck, so extending it for long periods of time is not comfy, especially using my pinky which is needed to hit the ctrl key. I can hold the command key with my thumb. I use a keypad and thumb joystick when gaming on the pc, not the keyboard.

But I have learned I have to baby the mac a bit because it is old. Nothing else can be running. /sad for itunes. And if I'm downloading anything on the pc, forget it. Doesn't seem to hurt much if League of Legends or WoW is running though on the pc. I also went in and completely cleaned out my internet temp files. I hadn't in awhile and there were 765megs =x

I think when dealing with lots of other people, tiny things can make a difference, especially when they all add up. But I've had the fortune (and bruising) of playing with some of the top people around the net. Some people have freaking amazing reflexes.

Hopefully something in all that helps people wanting to improve their catch time.

I caught two silvers, traded one, and then traded for my first ever CB gold. <3 I'm pleased and have no desire to go back into the fray tongue.gif

Edited by Sister of the Dragon

Ok who were those two that got 20-30 cb metals O_o, anyways, I got 3, 2 cb golds and a cb silver, I exchanged one of the golds, and kept the other 2.

Edited by Vaati

None. Would have been at least one if it wasn't for a misclick I'd forgotten to abandon, then last week I bred a gold for the first time, with the aim to freeze it. It grew up.

I swear DC likes to troll rolleyes.gif

Make that 2 for me, I just caught one at the last hourly. Don't need anymore, so I'll try to trade it for something I 'do' need tomorrow. If not successful there, I'll glomp someone with it.

None, but I've seen way more over the last months than I have in the prior 5 years I've been playing DC! lol. Managed to trade for a CB Silver two days ago, though!

I can't say for sure. I know I've caught more than 20. I traded a few, and gifted a few, but most of them I kept. Because I know once this metal rush is over, I won't be seeing anymore on my scroll for a long time. I normally suck at catching CB metals. XP

I'm not really hunting for any more though. I now have 6 pairs of CB Gold and 5 pairs of CB Silvers. If I catch more, of course I'd be extremely happy, but I'm not trying too hard.

Sadly none.  I've missed at least a dozen, and each time I fail to grab one of those when I manage to snag so many OTHER rare dragons with ease makes me think there are people out there with scripts to auto-grab them.

It's disappointing, because all my Golds except maybe one are from the same long lineage.

There are scripters, I think, but nearly as many as people probably assume. A lot of people just have really good catching methods/reflexes. I happen to be one of those people who has put in the time/effort necessary to become good at catching.

I enjoyed catching more than anything else, so I catch and gift. tongue.gif

Oh yes, I did enter my stats in the poll. I am in the 20-30 group.

Edited by Pink

Big whopping zero despite trying very very very hard sad.gif Stinks but what can you do. Either I have super bad reflexes or my comp is too slow. Prob both. lol. I just want one Cb gold to gift to my friend Rijl so she'll have a CB set but I seem unable to manage such a miraculous feat rolleyes.gif

I think I made a mistake when I voted in the poll. |D Put 30-40, but "Since January" would bump the number to 40-50. Oh well? (Caught 36 since the 4th of March. Cave-hunting is one of my stress-relief activities.)

Let's seee. Basically, my new year's resolution was to lotto every fourth metal I caught, so supposing I caught only 40, that's 10 gone to lottos and 30 remaining. If I feel like gifting or doing extra lottos, it comes out of the 'for me' total.

I don't trade CB metals, so it's really just me keeping, gifting, and lottoing them. (But mostly keeping, because I am a horrible greedy hoarder. xd.png)

Edited by Xylene

Voted "zero" yesterday, and got a cb gold a few minutes ago. laugh.gif The very first cb gold I caught on my own ... after more than four years on DC. *happy*

So far, I've seen bunches but caught exactly zero. Five years I've been on this site, and never caught a single one. Sigh. (But I have managed to catch a lot of CB blacks and Trios during the craziness, so it hasn't been a total loss.)

I caught a Silver, I traded it for a 5th gen gold shimmer. I only traded cause the Shimmer egg was actually a trade link offer, not an IOU, it was too tempting. laugh.gif

The number would probably be a lot higher, but I'm to impatient for long haul drop hunting. sleep.gif

Edited by Draco Knight

As per my usual here in DC - I've not managed to grab/snag/nab a single CB Metal - even with the alleged 'rain' of shinies. dry.gif

Zero, but I rarely hunt in the main cave.

Big fat round zero sad.gif I did see them, I did click on them, but there always was someone quicker sad.gif

I am also in the 0 CB group.

I've seen maybe 50-100 metals so far, but have been too slow...which really bugs me....

I seem to be completely incapable of catching CB metals, so 0 for me too! That makes a grand total of 0 CB on my scroll, lol. I did catch a few CB Trios early on in the current boom, though.

I've got a CB Silver and a CB Gold from the boom, but I've bred about four or five ^^

Big fat zero for me too. I've barely even seen metals in the cave.

I have seen many CB Metals, but still didn't manage to catch one sad.gif

Edited by Yeronoco

Lol. I caught none. tongue.gif

But I did get ahold of 2 CB silvers through trades.

ETA: I gotta say that I caught a non-boom CB silver a couple of yearrs ago. The only CB metal I ever caught. tongue.gif

Edited by earthgirl