SpiritWolfe

• Mountain, Stream, and Oak •

(( OOC: Just to clear everything up (just in case), the clans have not yet met eachother yet, and are unaware of each other. Somehow, they will find each other, from something like a patrol or the work of the foxes. And Silverwind is still waiting for a reply... :3 ))

Dawnpaw - Mountainclan

As Dawnpaw was burying her well-caught thrush so that she could pick it up when they returned, she stifled a gasp as a whiff of the strong, rancid scent of foxes clung to her nose. She dropped into a crouch again, but this time it wasn't for prey, it was for fear. She had never seen a fox before, but by the tone in the warrior's voices, she could tell that it couldn't be good. Dawnpaw's emerald eyes were round as she whispered to Leopardfire and Springheart. "Fox? Are they really, really dangerous? C-Could they...kill a cat?" She opened her mouth, drinking in the scent of the fox so she could remember it. Yuck!

Raze - Excelsiors

Raze prowled into a dense forest, dimly aware of the cat-scented borders. He stalked around the lush woods, his ears pricked for any sign of cats. Suddenly, Raze heard loud voices along with the scuttling of a mouse and the squawk of a...was that a thrush? He narrowed his eyes and padded forward, hoping that the shadows of the trees would conceal his unnaturally dark coat. As the voices of the cats turned to hushed whispers, he realized that the cats had scented him. Raze paused and thought about what to do. It sounds like there are at least three cats, and they would outnumber me...Where are the rest of the Excelsiors when I need them?! The black-furred fox growled, then pushed his way back through the undergrowth, but did not notice that his thick pelt had snagged onto a tangle of brambles. As he brushed away, a clump of his dark fur was left trailing on a thin tendril of the thorny plants.

Edited by SpiritWolfe

Badgerclaw

As Badgerclaw stood in the training cave, catching his breath, he realized he was still tensed up. As he slowly loosened his muscles he thought somethings not right. as he walked over to the cave entrance he opened his mouth to let the breeze slide over his scent glands. Suddenly he realized what it was there was very very faint fox stench coming from near the Sky Oak. The hunting patrol is over there! he thought worriedly what if they are injured fighting the fox? or foxes? Badgerclaw quickly raced off heading to the Sky Oak with fear in his heart.

Springheart

"Yes" said Springheart as the fox smell faded "A fox can kill a cat but this one seems to have left for now" Springheart walked over to the brush pile "What is this?" she said looking at a clump of dark fur smelling faintly of fox.

Edited by Flamma

((ooc: spiritwolfe, yes I know you posted this awhile ago but I'll make a fox for you. I've already picked out a picture and and a name for her))

Edited by Flamma

"Springheart is correct," Leopardfire murmured. "Hopefully, we won't see one again. In the meantime, should we continue hunting or return to camp? It's best that we report to _____ about the fox."

((OOC: not sure who is the leader of Mountainclan))

((ooc: currently there is no MountainClan leader. So I guess just report to Badgerclaw the deputy wink.gif? Who is currently running at full speed for the Sky Oak))

Edited by Raven301

Badgerclaw

As Badgerclaw neared the Sky Oak he slowed down and lisened for the sound of fighting. Hearing none he scented the air and realized the fox scent was fading but the scent of the patrol was fresh in the breeze. Following his nose Badgerclaw rounded a bramble bush and came face to face with Dawnpaw who was in a crouch and ready to pounce. He heard Springheart ask "What is this?" and looked over to see her sniffing a tuft of black fox fur.

Edited by Raven301

"It's fox fur," Leopardfire replied. "By the way, our patrol caught the scent of fox here, Badgerclaw." Leopardfire shuddered. The thought of a fox in Mountainclan territory was just frightening. Everyone was in danger, especially the young ones. What could possibly happen next? No, she didn't want to know what would happen.

Badgerclaw

Badgerclaw listened intently while Leopardfire reported the fox scent and replied, "I caught a whiff of him up at the training cave but he left so quickly I didn't see him." He frowned worriedly "I wonder why we haven't scented him sooner that this." Badgerclaw muttered to no one in particular, unaware that him doing so might make some cats uncomfortable."Anyway until we find and drive out this fox no cat should leave the camp alone." Badgerclaw announced louder this time.

"Agreed Badgerclaw," Leopardfire mewed. "We should get going now, we've spent enough time in Sky Oak. Any objections?" The she-cat picked the mouse she caught up and began to pace around.

Dawnpaw - Mountainclan

Dawnpaw nodded quickly, anxious to get away from the rancid stench of the fox, and from the distasters that it could cause. She quickly picked up her thrush and bounced to Leopardfire's side. "Nope!" Then Dawnpaw added, "Can we do fighting practice now? I'm not that tired, since our hunting patrol didn't exactly...work out." Her voice trailed away and she stood rigid with fear for a few heartbeats. Then she shook her worries off and and trotted in the direction of the Mountainclan camp.

Edited by SpiritWolfe

(( It's fine, I also might not be able to have access to the internet for the whole of next week. wink.gif I'm going somewhere. ))

Edited by SpiritWolfe

"That sounds like a good idea," Leopardfire replied.

~at the Mountainclan camp~

After Dawnpaw and Leopardfire placed their kill in the fresh kill pile, they went directly to train. Then, the two began to spar together.

((occ Sorry I had to go on a trip the last few days. I can't go on the computer today either ))

Badgerclaw

Badgerclaw watched as Leopardfire took Dawnpaw to the camp and then battle training. As they walked off Badgerclaw followed thinking that practicing with another cat might be a bit more affective than fighting with a rock. As they reached the training cave and started to spar Badgerclaw climbed back up the wall to his perch and starting commenting on and giving advice to Dovepaws while also taking notes on Leopardfire's techniques in his head.

Edited by Raven301

Springheart

Springheart followed the others back to camp. She shot an angry eye at the birds, chirping and singing, taunting her for not being able to hunt them. Even if Springheart wanted to catch one she couldn't because she would need a partner and everyone was out battle training.

When they reached the camp, Springheart climbed in her den and decided to have a quick nap before she started training with her clan mates.

Edited by Flamma

Springheart

Springheart woke to see the sun getting lower in the sky. Her nap took longer that she wanted it to! When she realized this she got up and ran from her den hoping she wasn't to late to train.

Edited by Flamma

(( OOC: Yes, the clans do have their skills. You can find them on the first post, under the descriptions of each clan. They don't have magical powers, but they have some abilities. ))

Dawnpaw - Mountainclan

Dawnpaw bounded back to camp, relieved. She had been quite anxious to get away from the dangers of the anonymous fox. The apprentice had been especially frightened by the looks of fear and uncertainty on the older warriors' faces, the faces that she looked up to. If only one fox had the power to scare the most senior warriors, she wondered, bewildered and trembling, What would happen if there were more foxes out there, watching us, hunting us? Dawnpaw was so lost in thought that she didn't even notice when Leopardfre lunged at her ferociously, bowling her young apprentice over. The little ginger she-cat yowled in response, kicking her legs at her mentor's soft and undefended underbelly. When that didn't work, Dawnpaw tried to use her small size as an advantage to wriggle out of Leopardfire's firm grasp.

Edited by SpiritWolfe

"You're getting better," Leopardfire panted as she attempted to dodge Dawnpaw's attack. Whenever the she-cat tried to lunge towards the apprentice, Dawnpaw used her size to her advantage. Therefore, Leopardfire would crash into the soft sand of the training area ((...?)).

Dawnpaw - Mountainclan

Dawnpaw leapt to her feet, shaking the warm sand from her thick ginger fur. She beamed happily, fidgeting with her paws and flicking the tip of her tail. Then the young apprentice lowered her head, twitching her ear in frustration. "I can't always depend on my size. I'm going to grow bigger soon." Dawnpaw gazed up at Leopardfire forlornly. "Can you teach me something...something that can be used to fend off any attack?" She crouched low to the ground, her chest fur brushing the pale sand below her. She narrowed her golden eyes and tensed her muscles in preparation.

Raze - Excelsior

Raze bounded back to the Excelsior camp in frustration, his eyes blazing with pure hatred. He stopped and paced around, muttering furiously under his breath. "Cats, cats, cats! Why must there always be an obstacle blocking our path to power?" He lashed his black tail bitterly and fixed his dark brown eyes on Sicarius. "Sicarius! Come, I have tracked down a large group of cats at the base of that mountain." Raze turned and flicked a tail at the tall mountain range. "Grab some other foxes and we'll bring a patrol there tonight!" He was beside himself in anger, blinded by ferocity.

Edited by SpiritWolfe

Gamble

Gamble looked up as Raze bounded into the camp and started pacing. As he called to Sicarius to get foxes to launch a cat-attack. "I'll come" he said leaping to his feet "its been awhile since Ive fought a real enemy" he said already imagining the moves he would be using tonight. As he stood Gamble began to pace alongside Raze his tail twitching with impatience.