SpiritWolfe

• Mountain, Stream, and Oak •

Foxes? Other clans? said Moonbeam. Who are the other clans and who was injured? I knew I smelled something funny earlier. he thought

Silverwind - StreamClan

Silverwind noticed with a pang of dismay that the gentle medicine cat apprentice had a fear for foxes too. Well, that's no surprise. Every cat living in the forest should be frightened of those malicious creatures. She attempted so smile reassuringly as Moonpaw chewed the dandelion until it was a thick, sickly sweet smelling pulp, but it probably looked like a sour grimace. She winced as the sticky poultice was applied to her wound, letting out a heavy sigh of relief when Moonpaw covered the wound with a silvery layer of cobwebs. "Thank you, Moonpaw. I really appreciate it. I'll check in with you tomorrow morning." Silverwind managed to murmur as she limped wearily out of the medicine den. The StreamClan deputy gazed around the clearing with dull blue eyes, but brightened when she caught sight of Iceclaw. "Iceclaw!" she exclaimed joyfully, staggering to stand beside the young gray-furred warrior. "You made it!" Silverwind caressed his face with warm, fervent licks and wanted to say more, but it was drowned out by her deep purrs.

Nightsong - OakClan

Nightsong nodded distractedly, giving the tired Ashtail a comforting lick. Her pale silvery blue eyes passed over each of the four kits, nudging them gently as they squirmed and mewled, suckling greedily. "Congratulations, Ashtail! They really are beautiful." The elderly smoky black she-cat stepped away from the nursing queen, in an attempt to give her some more space. "Has Mousetail seen them yet?" Without waiting for a response, Nightsong stuck her head out of the nursery entrance and called snappily, "Mousetail, come here this instant take a look at your new kits!" The enthusiastic elder hobbled unsteadily out of the den, back to the freshkill pile. She sniffed the prey with an air of importance, dragging a plump hare out of the heaping pile. Nightsong thrust it to Ashtail, flicking her tail at the white hare. "Eat. We don't want you to starve, right?" she insisted with a mrrow of laughter, but there was a hint of seriousness in her pale eyes.

Edited by SpiritWolfe

Mousetail heard Nightsong call him when he stepped into the clearing. I see you have seen our kits. And I've seen them to. turning to Ashtail he said have you thought of names for them yet?

"I have a few ideas, but I'm not sure if you'll like them." She said waiting for a reply. "I only have an idea for two of them, the two that I thought of are Ravenkit and Morningkit. Do you have any ideas?" Ashtail asked curiously licking the kits as she said ideas of their names.

"Yes I did make it Silverwind, and I have news I'll explain it later though." He said coldly from all the worry that the battle gave him. You're acting a kit Iceclaw, mousebrained in fact.

Rivereye walked over to her den and noticed Moonpaw took care of Silverwind. "Good job Moonpaw." She said in a sweet small voice. She looked at all the cats from the battle. "Only three cats went out, some of the bravest cats I've seen. Iceclaw do come here, let's make sure you're not hurt."

Edited by kingcobra2018

I really like those names Mousetail said sweetly How about Owlkit and Echokit for the other two.

"Perfect, I love them." She said looking at the kits. "Echokit, Owlkit, Ravenkit, and Morningkit." She looked at them all dearly with affection in her eyes forgetting all the troubles in the world.

Moonpaw - StreamClan

Moonpaw was happy to see her mentor again, and decided to leave Iceclaw to her. She retreated back into the den to get more cobwebs when she noticed that the poppy seeds were nearly gone. Mouse dung! she thought, tail lashing in annoyance. I suppose I'll run out real quick and get some more... Without stopping to explain herself, the apprentice dashed out of the den, out the camp entrance, and into the territory.

Nina was sitting around when she decided to give another warning. "Oh my after this warning a cat needs to be in my jaws so, last warning." She said to herself. She walked around when she felt like threatening the clan that princess and other cat where in. Nina walked over and found a young apprentice. Perfect. She thought. Nina walked out around the young unguarded cat and said. "Well well we found a young unguarded cat. You will be the first to go little one." Nina snapped her jaws at the cat then scratched her face leaving damage to sting, but to heal to where it looked liked nothing ever happen. "Need more warning than that tell me and this time I won't hesitate." Nina said with a slight growl.

Moonpaw - StreamClan

Moonpaw let out a yowl of pain as the fox's claws grazed her face. The wounds stung, and blood dripped down her silver fur. Though shaken, the apprentice refused to back down immediately. "You might be big, but you're slow and clumsy!" she snarled, darting underneath the creature, raking all for sets of claws down it's belly, and darting away in once swift movement.

"You don't want to go there!" Nina snapped. She snarled at the apprentice and said "I'm coming back but for now you can tell your clan that you beat a fox, I really don't want to kill you, at the moment." Nina walked away with a plan in her head.

Silverwind - StreamClan

Silverwind flinched at Iceclaw's harsh words, her bright, joyful smile dropping into a tight-lipped, somber grimace. She dipped her head, hiding the snarl of disappointment that had crept onto her face. "Fine." she snapped through gritted teeth, her blue eyes narrowing. Whipping angrily around, she muttered, "Be that way." Immediately, the StreamClan deputy regretted her cold words, but she didn't have the heart to turn back and apologize. She was about to stalk sullenly into the warrior's den when she noticed that Moonpaw wasn't in the camp. Where has she gone? Certainly she needs to help Rivereye treat the others who were wounded? Silverwind grunted disapprovingly when she scented that the medicine cat apprentice had left the camp. I'll go fetch her back.

Silverwind was following Moonpaw's fresh scent trail when she heard faint yowls and snarls. She raised her slender silver head and pricked her ears, hoping that the agonizing sounds were just playing tricks on her. But the shrieks of pain and fury continued, and Silverwind quickened her pace until she was bounding over the forest floor, ducking her head to avoid low-hanging branches and leaping agilely over large rocks embedded in the ground. "Moonpaw? Where are you?" she called, panic creeping into her shrill voice. Silverwind ran and ran, a terrible darkness making her suddenly very fearful, like a frightened kit. "Moonpaw!" Silverwind let out a strangled gasp of horror as she skidded around a clump of ferns, stumbling right into the remains of the battle scene. The stench of fox, blood, and fear clung to the heavy air, sharp and strong. "Moonpaw!" she repeated, licking the medicine cat apprentice's bloodied face. "What happened?" Silverwind paused in her licking frenzy, her eyes scanning the place where the bloodthirsty fox had disappeared.

Nightsong - OakClan

"Echokit, Owlkit, Ravenkit, and Morningkit." Nightsong repeated Ashtail's words in a hushed voice, gazing down at the tiny kits with affection. "They're wonderful names." The smoky black cat crouched on legs stiff with old age and licked each of the kits fondly, her pale silvery blue eyes narrowing with a deep pleasure. "They'll make fine warriors, believe me."

"Silverwind!" He yelled after her. "I'm sorry but I have to go apologize to Silverwind." Iceclaw ran after Silverwind following her scent to the smell of blood? Wait the smells are Silverwind, blood, and Moonpaw?!?!?. "Silverwind, Moonpaw are you alright?" He asked gently. "I'm sorry Silverwind, but I was just shaken by the battle, clans, and guess what, all the clans are meeting in three sunrises. It was just all so sudden I was acting as if I were mousebrained, which I probably am for hurting you." He said truly apologizing. "Are you alright Moonpaw?" Iceclaw asked hoping she wasn't badly hurt. Edited by kingcobra2018

Moonpaw - StreamClan

Moonpaw pulled away from the rapid tongue of Silverwind and meowed, "I'm fine, I'm fine! It doesn't hurt too much and I scared it away all by myself." The apprentice wiped the last of the blood from her face before continuing. "I went to get more poppy seeds and I was attacked. But she said that she would be back... so I need to talk to Brightstar about this."

Silverwind - StreamClan

Silverwind pulled away from the wounded Moonpaw as Iceclaw arrived, stammering an apology. She barely listened to Moonpaw, only murmured a few comforting words, before standing straight up to stare hotly at Iceclaw. Her fierce pride concealed her relief, and she muttered, "It's fine! Just forget about it." Silverwind tore her piercing gaze away from Iceclaw and turned her attention back to the medicine cat apprentice. "Okay, okay. We must get back to camp immediately." The StreamClan deputy narrowed her icy blue eyes and peered cautiously into the now foreboding forest. "Let's go quickly, and quietly! We don't want to run into another fox." She felt a shiver running down her spine as she thought, Great StarClan! The whole forest is crawling with those vile foxes! Silverwind slipped into the undergrowth hesitantly, feeling the darkness enclose around her. She flicked her tail, motioning for Moonpaw and Iceclaw to follow her.

Iceclaw nodded his head and followed Silverwind back to camp and felt relieved that she accepted his apology. "Moonpaw you should get Rivereye to help with the cuts, you need to make sure they're not infected." He said softly.

Silverwind - StreamClan

Silverwind flicked her ear crossly as she heard Iceclaw murmuring something softly into Moonpaw's ear. She quickened her pace and trotted indignantly forward, pushing herself defiantly through a tangle of bracken and brambles. She uttered a small whimper as her silvery-gray fur caught on the sharp thorns, and she winced as she pushed herself roughly ahead. Silverwind growled quietly and stalked forward, her paws itching to get back to camp. Oh, if only that stupid fox hadn't bit me! She glanced down at her wounded leg, which was beginning to send pangs of pain up her body after her long run to reach Moonpaw. Silverwind turned her slender silver head and muttered, "Come on, we'd better hurry before the foxes come back!"

Moonpaw - StreamClan

"Okay," Moonpaw said, running after Silverwind. Her paws were shaky and she stumbled frequently while she was usually very sure footed and agile. But is was something other than the fox that had perturbed her. She had seen a figure nearby during the attack, but had not smelled it nor heard it. It had been a cat, but it was translucent. Why would a StarClan cat watch me fight like that? Why were they present during this battle... why didn't they help? Do they need to tell me something?

Silverwind - StreamClan

Silverwind noticed that Moonpaw was having more and more trouble keeping up with her by the time they were nearing the StreamClan camp. She began to feel worried and anxious for the young she-cat, and almost forgot about her incident with Iceclaw. You didn't have to be a skilled medicine cat to realize that the apprentice was in shock, but there was something beneath that in Moonpaw's horrified expression the Silverwind couldn't place her paw on. She studied the medicine cat apprentice's face carefully, scrutinizing the flash of terror in her bright eyes. "Moonpaw, is there something you would like to tell me?" she murmured soothingly, pressing a reassuring muzzle comfortingly into her shoulder, which was stiff with shock. "Don't worry, you can tell me anything."

(( This will probably be my last post until the end of my trip! sad.gif ))

Iceclaw continued on until they finally reached camp. He then remembered Rivereye called him. He then walked over to her.

Moonpaw - Streamclan

Moonpaw shook her head and bounded ahead of the group only mumbling, "It's nothing," as a response. Her mind was still clouded with the earlier scene, and something told her that she would not have a dreamless sleep that night. The she-cat sent a quick prayer to StarClan that it was nothing serious.