tenyasyugan

Dragon Hunters, Dreams of the Skies

((My deepest apologies for not posting for a while, I've been job-hunting and things have been rather hectic for me. XxWaterGaridanxX is accepted and Elegra will be added to the list of accepted characters. amatera5u, your temp is mostly good, but I ask that you change out the type of wyvern for something that doesn't exist in DC as I'd like to keep dragcave dragons out of the roleplay.))

Enoya wasn't used to seeing somebody with an Amph for a steed, let alone having one trained enough to quiet down with just a look. The most exotic she'd ever seen was a red-bellied quad-horned drak that had been incredibly ill-tempered. She was tempted to ask if she could pet the draco, but resisted the temptation to be more professional.

"Alright, if you need a place for your, erm..." She knew it might be insulting to call it a pet, so she settled with an alternative, "friend, you can set him over in the seperate stalls over there. We don't have people bring in Dracos often, but it's kept tidy and it's got plenty of room so they don't feel inclined to burst out to chase the livestock." She oggled the large amph for a moment before directing her attention back to the woman. "I can help you set him in if you'd like."

--------------------------------------------------------------

"Is this all you'll be needing?"

Tratser and Marik were looking at what would be their room for the week. Two beds on opposite sides, a large chest at the foot of each, an open window, and shelves lining the walls. The blankets were rather thin, having been changed out to accomadate the warmer weather, and what furniture there was was built for application, not appearance.

To be honest, it was the best room they'd seen in months.

Tratser was openly excited about their accomadations while Marik feigned indifference, "Yes, this should do. We'll get right to work on settin' up a plan fer the beasty." He stroked his chin as if in thought, "Tratser."

The younger boy was startled, "Huh, what?"

"Yer gonna go fetch as much info as ya can about this draco, a'ight? And don' come back 'til you know it from head ta tail, I wanna know what sort of traps we're gonna need ta set."

Normally, the boy would argue, but they were in the presence of a woman who looked like she expected a lot from them and he'd rather not disappoint by making it look like they were bickering children. "Alright, I'll get on it." And, with that, he left the room, rather miffed he was doing the grudge work while Marik got to flop down on a nice bed.

Shaka gave a friendly smile, before shaking her head. "Tiranal prefers to fly, he doesn't like being grounded for long. Is it all right if he just circles the island?" She asked, as she got a melody of complaints from the ampth. She shot him another look.

I'm not going to be able to call for you if you fly too far from here, OK? So just stay around the island. Alright?

You never let me wander far... Came the grumbling reply.

Shaka took note of the girl's interest in the ampth. Tiranal was complaining that it was starting to creep him out. She motioned behind her, before addressing the girl. "You can stroke him if you want, he quite likes being scratched along the muzzle, it's hard from him to reach it."

Artek laid down on the couch that had been moved in to the wagon just off the tent. It smelled like her now instead of Alex, who previously slept there. Markus had a bed in the back behind some curtains and Alex had been moved down to a cot. She kind of felt bad about that. She was replacing him in a way, but you can't complain about comfort. At least, you can't complain if you have an inch of wit about you. She folded her hands behind her head and fingered the pouch that she had stuffed her silvers and coppers in to. This was the rich living as far as she was concerned. Never before had she held so much money as here in Markus' trade, his tent, his home.

Money and comfort. She was vastly mistaken if this is what she considered comfort. Maybe peasants, for that is what she was, could stomach a thin cot and blanket, but no decent middle-class person would have. By middle class it is of course meant wealthy merchants and sheriffs and such; the only ones who could afford finer things. Yes, Yoru was a good master for a monsterous half-child. He could cheat her all he wanted, though he did actually pay rather fairly. But, there are always the thoughts and whispered words. One cannot help but have disdain for a halfling. If you do not, then you are a far better person than most one could name. Alas, that is not the story of focus, but the focus will be coming soon. After all, one cannot stay in a circuis forever. Running off on an adventure out of what you had originally run to was expected...

"Tiranal?" Enoya looked up at the great draco, not quite believing the offer she was getting. The closest she ever got to a live amph before was a small one held in a carry-cage that had been causing such a ruckus she'd had to ask the owner to please stuff its mouth with something. Tentatively at first, the girl reached out her hand and laid a palm on the snout of the great draco. Then, feeling a bit bolder, she scratched along his muzzle, quite impressed with the sheen to the draco's feathers.

"Alright, well, I can't tell you what to do with your draco but I can suggest that you just be sure he stays clear of the farms. The locals are already in a tissy about their herds being chased, so I'm not sure they'd act to nicely about seeing your friend flying over." She backed away from the great amph, smiling widely. "Thank you so much, are you hungry? I can arrange for you to get a bowl of something good if you'd like." Although Enoya wasn't supposed to be giving out free food, she just couldn't resist after being so nicely allowed to pet an live amph.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tratser found himself wandering the mainland of the Breakers, having hopped from the Inn isle to the neighboring farmlands and passed through there to the small town beyond. He already managed to get a good list of traits from the farmers he spoke with. But, in spite of the amount of information he'd gotten, he couldn't quite figure out what kind of draco it must be.

Breakers' Beasty;
*Biggish, has eaten entire bull
*Blends in with night sky
-black?
*Bright eyes, flash in the dark
*Only hunts at night
-nocturnal or taking advantage of people sleeping?
*Aims for weak or sick animals
-has only taken two healthy animals even though it's big enough to eat them all
*Silent
-someone said it makes a "whoosh" sound, could just be wings
*Knows how to open doors
-opposable digits? must be careful with trap
*Doesn't attack people even when with livestock
*Has stolen crops three several times
*Showed up couple years ago
-maybe adolescent or nesting adult?
*Once seen flying to unused island nearby
-investigate asap

It had some characteristics similar to that of a whelp according to how people described its wing-shape but was too intelligent. Perhaps a drake? No, wing description was all wrong and drakes of that size are almost always diurnal. Couldn't be a naga or amph, they weren't indigenous to the area. Perhaps a hybrid? Tratser was incredibly perplexed but was sure all would be easily handled when it came time to trap the beast.

{{ Aw, man. Tri-Horns are my favorite. }}

Shayne huffed as she sped around a corner, down a narrow alley. She neared a cliff at the edge of town and leapt off.

Ninsoare let out a hawk-like screech and swooped underneath her, catching the girl on her back.

Shayne adjusted herself in the custom-made saddle and snatched up the reins as her dragon climbed, getting higher and higher until the people below resembled ants.

((I get the feeling this mysterious drake is Tiranal and Shaka xd.png))

Tiranal crooned his thanks, before slithering to the edge of the island, and simply dropping off. Shaka watched him go, before smiling again to the girl. "Yes please, the cold of the sky takes it out of you, sometimes, no matter how many layers you wear..."

((Well I'm gonna just plop her in there.))

Elegra and her family had been traveling on and off performing here and there with little success when it came to some small towns. She lounged in the comfort of a hammock she made herself. Her father disapproved but she liked it better then the hard bed. Sky flew in fast circles above her head, a streak of white against the dark wood, the little drake calmed and landed on her exposed stomach. The petite drake circled, talons slightly scrapping her skin, and laid down in a tight ball in the crook between her hip and stomach.

She sighed and looked out the window, their caravan had three brightly colored wagons, noticeable from miles away.

((Actually, Shadow, the Breakers Beasty has been around for a while and isn't an Amph like Tiranal. Heh, ish gonna be interesting when it comes around.))

Enoya, feeling much more elated after her encounter with the draco, smiled joyfully at the journeywoman as they entered the Inn, "Oh, we have just the thing for chill. Would you like some stew? Go ahead and make yourself comfortable in the Den area, it's just over there, I'll bring you back a bowl." And, with that, the girl ran off for the kitchen, doing her best to not jump for joy. She'd love to hear some of the woman's stories, especially how she managed to train an amph that big and coax it into allowing her to ride it about.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Tratser was taking a small break on a rock formation when he heard the sound of clattering wood and wheels on grass. Alerted, he looked up from his paper to see three bright wagons making their way across the isle he was upon. There were some bridges that allowed for such travel but they were rather limited, so he became curious about this caravan.

With a small leap, the boy was approaching the carts. He'd been told to collect information but that didn't mean he couldn't check out other interesting things at the same time.

Shaka smiled to herself this time following the girl inside, before turning towards the Den. She found herself a seat in the corner, beside a window, and watched Tiranal swooping, diving and gliding on the air outside. The dragon rider loved it when she found someone as passionate about the beasts as she. Dragon hunters got on her nerves, constantly trying to find an excuse to get her amph.

((Can I just have a dragon come and swoop down and burn the wagons? Because I'm tempted to do it.))

With scared but elegant fingers she gripped the frame of the window and pulled herself out of it, an annoyed squeak from Sky later, she swung her legs up and over with ease onto the top of the wagon. Her blonde hair flew in the wind in front of her face as she stood, glancing to the head of the wagon to see her father humming to himself and steering.

Her little drake flew in front of her face with translucent wings glittering in the sun, "You hate being cramped up too huh?" she mumbled, "That makes two of us." she said as she turned and watched the distance. And to her suprise she saw a figure walking toward their caravan. She waited a few more moments to just watch before curiosity overcame her and she wanted to have human contact with someone else.

Glancing at her father and back again she moved to the edge of the wagon bending her knees once, twice, and jumped. Just as she was taught she made a single flip in the air before landing on her feet in a crouch on the green grass. Standing, she smiled, and reached into one of the sacks to get a green apple along with the knife on her hip and started to cut pieces off as she watched the figure get closer.

Edited by XxWaterGaridanxX

Shayne steered her dragon toward the ground, and the couch-sized beast landed with ease. Ninsoare kicked her legs out in front of her, extending her claws to grip the ground as the rest of her body suffered a typical case of gravity. The Dusky Wyvern gnawed on the bit, the metal contraption, in her mouth, creating a metallic grinding sound along with clanking. She shook her head wildly, making herself more comfortable.

Shayne patted Ninsoare on the neck affectionately before pulling a small mechanical beetle out of her satchel. She frowned; some of the nuts and bolts were missing. She glanced over her shoulder as her dragon companion edged closer for a better view. Shayne sighed and patted the Wyvern on the nose. "Well, Ninny... I guess I'm going to have to go back to the market."