Vhale

Remote Biomes

But I don't want to replace access to a normal biome, I want to add access to a remote biome. And once I unlock it, I want access to be permanent. I don't want to have to keep unlocking it.

I get that, I'm concerned about what PF summed up nicely though:

If there's no requirements then this boils down to "add more biomes.", which is something TJ already said "no" to. What makes this different, and hopefully acceptable, is the fact that you have to do something to unlock them.

That we'd be, for all intents and purposes, just adding more biomes.

That said, I don't think it would hurt to formulate a concept around both. When designing a big proposal (at least in my experience) we usually didn't go in with one option, but several and let the client choose which best suited them.

Realistically, I think the best person to decided the exact number of dragons per biome is Mr. TJ Bossman, as it's a balance question. We can give him our recommendation, with say, a range suggested from 10 to 20.

As for your seasonal biomes idea, I don't want to divert the discussion here about the remote biomes, but I do have some ideas that I think would be fun and would work.

Perhaps a new Seasonal Biome thread could be made.

And I'd say "no" to a Seasonal BSA. It doesn't really fit the breed, and Seasonals are really more uncommon than common.

Probably what I need to do, and take off Vet biomes from this thread unless someone is intent on it staying. I think it's moved past finding options at the point. (yay!)

I think these options that we found could be presented in a poll, no?

Options for how many days of a delay is reasonable? I had thought I should put one up for that. Or for how many dragons should be collected first for access?

How on earth will you allow for what one might call multiple options - as in - say - 60 days delay OR bronze trophy OR logging in every x many days...and so on ? Because I think a variety of possibilities is the best way to cater for all playstyles.

This will be a VERY hard poll to set up....

Fuzz, if the poll is too complicated you break it up. For example, start with "How many dragons raised from a biome do you think is reasonable to unlock the biome? This may be one of a variety of ways to unlock the biome." and give a range of numbers. 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 is a reasonable range to me.

Then move on to "How long should a time unlock of the biomes be? This would be the failsafe to allow people who have very specific collection requirements in." 3 mo, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10, 12.

Or whatever options are needed.

Edited by Pokemonfan13

And post how long each poll would run. Would a week be enough? I could add in New Poll posted and a timeline to the little byline under the post itself, I think.

I'd personally lean more towards two weeks. The other option is to just let it run until the votes start petering out. That's what I usually do.

Fuzz, if the poll is too complicated you break it up. For example, start with "How many dragons raised from a biome do you think is reasonable to unlock the biome? This may be one of a variety of ways to unlock the biome." and give a range of numbers. 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 is a reasonable range to me.

Then move on to "How long should a time unlock of the biomes be? This would be the failsafe to allow people who have very specific collection requirements in." 3 mo, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10, 12.

Or whatever options are needed.

Yes but what about do you want a combo of ways etc...

(Sorry, I'm a bit twitchy about polls this week xd.png )

How about a series of "Do you think it's important to have an unlocking mechanism of ____?" polls? Put them together and you have a combination of mechanisms.

Edited by Pokemonfan13

Fuzz, don't you start going Dilbert on me!

user posted image

You know what ? When I was still at work I wrote the official guide to meetings for our whole organisation.

One of my best bits - which was adopted all over the place by delighted staff - was the bit where I said

"If a meeting is not necessary, it is important not to hold it. This applies also to regularly scheduled meetings."

It meant our own department's regular weekly meetings stopped. xd.png And MAN they were both useless and boring ! But we did miss the free coffee...

Edited by fuzzbucket

So unlocking mechanism of # Collected per Scroll, BSA, Time Spent Active, # Collected per Biome?Plus Mixed Choice and None of the Above. Rather than moving straight to how many collected per Biome?

Fuzz, can you do that at my office? We've done Lean and somehow they've gotten it into their heads that removing all our paper trails and stuffing them into the computer makes things gone. Instead, it just means how many applications I have to use for one job has exploded from 2, to 7, separated by items so 1 single job becomes 18 items... each with one window in each application open. sleep.gif

Ah. Some like BSA doesn't fit. Hmm... How about a poll saying "What unlocking mechanism would you like best?" That way if something like BSA that doesn't fit with the multiple mechanism system comes up on top we can go in that direction.

Why not? I could imagine that, using teleport 20 (50?) times, you'd accidentally stumble upon another plane of existence. We have a number of dragons that would fit in nicely with a celestial or abyssal plane. (Might also work if you use Summon X times - but for this, summon needs to be available after you got two GoNs, only with no chance to generate another GoN egg.) Using Earthquake 20 (50?) times could open up a big rift in the ground. Exploring it, you find your way to a tunnel system where - suprise, surprise! - new dragon breeds can be found.

Edited by olympe

Using Earthquake 20 (50?) times could open up a big rift in the ground. Exploring it, you find your way to a tunnel system where - suprise, surprise! - new dragon breeds can be found.

ER - while also killing all your eggies sad.gif

20 times sad.gifsad.gif

LOL! I'd do it. Collect 7 of those awful, ugly, inbred, blocker eggs and EQ them over and over and over. If any of them did survive and hatch, I'd freeze and release them. Anything to get those messy monstrosities out of the breeding population.

I would not do it though. I never use earthquake. Never.

So you're saying that because I refuse to use earthquake I should be barred from the remote biome? I don't think so.

Does Earthquake affect hatchies at all? I've been so hatchy locked with the new ap changes, it wouldn't be hard to use it in that case.

(Also, does this mean splash might... do something? )

Edited by Vhale

Do you need eggs on your scroll to use earthquake? I guess you would. That is a problem for the "no kill" people, because you wouldn't be able to get through the requirements without killing eggs.

Do you need eggs on your scroll to use earthquake? I guess you would. That is a problem for the "no kill" people, because you wouldn't be able to get through the requirements without killing eggs.

I don't know. All the eggs I have right now I love, so I am NOT about to test.

But I have a friend with no eggs... who just tried and says that you can USE it and you get the message:

You do not have any live eggs!

Now - would that count as USING it, and do we want people to have to empty their scrolls of eggs if they haven't Cinn's murderous nature ?

(ETA a thought - and indeed - my friend says - the action hasn't been used and is still up TO be used ! !)

Well, my idea was to use EQ with no eggs on my scroll, too. But even so, it should be possible to code that there's no test anymore whether you have eggs before you use EQ. Because an earthquake doesn't care whether there are eggs of any kind or not, it just happens. (If only you could prevent RL earthquakes by not having any eggs at home...)

Well, my idea was to use EQ with no eggs on my scroll, too. But even so, it should be possible to code that there's no test anymore whether you have eggs before you use EQ. Because an earthquake doesn't care whether there are eggs of any kind or not, it just happens. (If only you could prevent RL earthquakes by not having any eggs at home...)

Seems a bit counterproductive though - to have to get rid of all your eggs before you can access a new biome....

Even Splash would be better than that ! (But please no, the 100 to get the karp was QUITE enough splashing !)