Kaylion

Court of Miracles

Noticed how full the ap is getting?

How about we all work together and get rid of some of those ?

I would love if on march the 31st you could join me and clear the ap by taking and raising at least one ap egg that is unlikely to be adopted by most dc users

Our goal would be for April fools day to have some empty ap space rather than a full cave and (do I dare to dream it?) We could keep it empty for 1 hour

If you like this idea and want to join please post your scroll name and the egg code once you save it

Thanks for reading

Following wonderful advice here is a list of people who say they're going to participate

Kaylion ( of course )

Seethroughangel

Lovely_maiden

Olegeddon

Xiaochibi

Melabruxa (ditto)

Ayelldee

Misatange (ditto)

Riverwillows

Emeraldmay

Wiccanchild (ditto)

Scaline (ditto)

Auster26

Wandering mew

Purpledragonclaw

Oddsoxdi

Amut un Rama

Bu-tan

Darklight

Calypso85

Peepsy

Amberfly

Light concorde

Terradi

Thecompleteanimorph

Deathcry

Snowytoshi

Kelkelen

TVTD

Blah

warriorjames

Rogue

Leidarendi

fuzzbucket

Soulking

Rhynn Collins

Yifan

milkaq66

Spelunker (ditto)

(ditto meaning still deciding or that they don't know if they can but will try)

So just a quick summary

On march the 31st we are going to take 1 or more ap eggs and do our best to help clear the ap

Edited by Kaylion

No please. Don't do it. Mass breeding never results in a bunch of rares going to the AP, it just results in a lot of commons being dumped, which clogs the AP, sometimes for days or weeks, depending on how many people participate.

If you want to gift dragons, there are a number of established threads for doing that in the trading section. You can also stalk people's wishlists and profiles and when you selectively breed things they'd like you can randomly gift to them. There are many ways to be generous with your dragons that don't involve breeding your whole scroll on one day.

I agree with Fiona. There are already ways to gift rares. Mass breeding all your dragons will only result in a couple of rares going to the AP, and a load of commons.

I have come to add my plea. This is a bad idea all around. I joined right before the mass breed on Halloween '08. There were several more mass breeds after that and it just messed things up on the AP and the Cave for the longest time. Seemed like years! ohmy.gif

Please, please don't do this!

Have to agree with the other posters. By doing this, you'll cause a backlog, and do more harm than good, especially if those lineages are messy. Messy-lined commons (you said you planned to breed commons, too) sit in the AP and usually don't get picked up for a while. It's not as much of a problem right now b/c TJ isn't letting the cave clock the AP, though, but later on the ratios will be bad for other people.

Pretty much the same s the others - but maybe instead of scrapping it you could try to get everyone to pick up one random egg from the AP? IMO the AP unblocking would be the real miracle...

Don't i don't need another mass breeding the AP is clogged enough during the hourly drops and messes with the ratios

What's the point of breeding all your commons? If you want to drop rarers on the AP, you don't have to breed commons to do that. Just breed your rares.

Not a lot of people want really messily-lineaged uber Commons that clog up the AP on an hourly basis anyway. The metal/rare breeding boom is beginning to taper off and if you ARE breeding all your rares to Commons, the odds are you'll get the Commons. We do NOT need more Commons clogging the AP to the rafters. Please don't do it!

Please, no offense meant ok? But you have not been here very long...we all have...yours is not the first idea to mass breed then dump on a certain day or time.

As generous as your intent is, it will spell disaster for the rest of us. Listen to the other posts. We know what will happen.

Please, DON'T!!!

The backlog is so bad right now that even desirables aren't getting picked up. I bred a few semi-messy but non-inbred Silvers for the AP two days ago and they still have yet to be picked up, which I assume means no one has actually been able to see them yet. If you want your babies to go to good homes where they'll be appreciated and not get lost in the AP clutter, try using one of the gifting threads instead.

I just wanna add my two cents in. Not trying to make it seem like everyone is against you or anything.

There is one really bad thing about breeding specifically for the AP. It seems like your aim is for those who do not have the 'rarer' breeds. This is not a good way to gift. At all. Not since teleport came out. Chances are....someone who knows exactly what the egg is would pick it up faster then someone who really didn't. It could even end up as trade fodder and I know that's not what you're aiming at.

There are at least three threads that I can think of right off the top of my head. The Metalweavers. The Gifting Tree. The Newbie Gifting Thread. All of those make SURE that people are getting gifts they don't have. I even got -my- first silver through the gifting tree. I hold those people who run that one in very high respect.

And believe me. Being gifted an egg is just as good as catching it out of the AP. Sometimes, it's even better. smile.gif

I agree with everyone else on this, please don't do it!

I would say a better event would be for getting a bunch of people to pick up 1-2 eggs from the ap at a particular time, and not reabandon the egg, just keep it and do whatever you want to do with it but don't purposefully put it in the ap again (in other words the only way for it to end up in the AP again is if you bite the egg and it gets auto abandoned...)

that would be a better goal!

On another note, just so you know... after posting here your original intent, with everyone telling you don't....

If you go ahead and do it, and it does what we said it would....clog up the AP for weeks....we will all know who did it, and you might find it hard to trade with anyone. Your rep here will be toast.

I'm just letting you know what I've seen happen before. You don't want that.

Adding to what everyone else said, mass breeding in the past have meant the ratios got so much off that the breed which was mass bred stopped dropping as CB altogether. Blacks in the past were caveblockers, then they were mass bred. This was years ago and they are but now starting to drop a bit more in the cave.

Oki doki guys after reading post after post of how much of a bad idea the first plan was I've made it a request for people to pick up an ap egg if you still disagree then ok I'll give up but I just wanted to try something

It was a nice idea from an obviously good heart, so I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say thanks for the thought.

Just the execution would not have been pretty, that's all. But a nice thought. smile.gif

I agree, and I like this version much better. I think I'll take part. smile.gif

v Yay xd.png

Edited by Orlageddon

I *might* take part. No promises though.

^vocaloid buddies!

Edited by XiaoChibi

Yes, I like this idea much better. It would be a true miracle if it worked. I might take part, if I'm not too busy, March 31st is Easter Sunday, isn't it? I'll have a family gathering, serious business rolleyes.gif

Do you think I should move it to the Saturday ? Or do you think people can spare a couple minutes to snag an egg ?