rubyshoes

Shimmer Breeding Topic

I have a Silver Shimmer x BBW, which is gorgeous, but I would also like to someday get a Silver or Gold Shimmer x Purple. That would look amazing, don't you think?

i think the purple species would work with all 3 colors as would horse dragons (basicly any purple dragon lol)

Edited by linda3.0

I have a Silver Shimmer x BBW, which is gorgeous, but I would also like to someday get a Silver or Gold Shimmer x Purple. That would look amazing, don't you think?

I never thought of purple, but you're totally right. it WOULD look amazing. O_O I'm also envious of your silver x BBW babies. <3

My absolute favorite would have to be Royal Blue x Silver shimmer, but I also think a purple dragon with a gold shimmer is perfect since purple and yellow are complimentary colors. wub.gif

If I ever got a 2nd gen. shimmer (which is totally never going to happen outside of my dreams, but oh well) I'd like to have one from an ember parent. Well, I'm sure someone will start such a lineage sooner or later. And I hope I'll get an egg from that line =3

I'm getting a 2gen bronze shimmer from an ember. wink.gif maybe tomorrow, maybe next week, depending on how things go.

Also a 2gen bronze from sunstone.. but thats not till next year. xd.png

Hmm, i think silver x BBW is gorgeous. ohmy.gif

My dream is getting a low gen shimmer from a horse lineage.. gonna hoard them all..

Is it only colors that people are looking at, or would it be acceptable to say that I'd love to see these Eastern style dragons paired with the previously existing Easterns as well, the Silvers? Or would it be more difficult than people are willing to attempt, given how rare x rare breeding is? I think a female silver Shimmer x male silver would look fantastic. Or male bronze Shimmer x female silver.

Love the idea of embers. I also like bronze with speckled throat. And maybe female gray dragon? Has anyone tried that yet?

EDIT: I think silver shimmers would look amazing with silver dragons, (especially male) but I can see it being extremely difficult to continue.

Edited by esnym

seasonal x shimmer breedings would work well as well you could make 4 stairsteps (1 for each season) or a spiral or something. btw any1 know when these things gender usually?

Edited by linda3.0

Is it only colors that people are looking at, or would it be acceptable to say that I'd love to see these Eastern style dragons paired with the previously existing Easterns as well, the Silvers? Or would it be more difficult than people are willing to attempt, given how rare x rare breeding is? I think a female silver Shimmer x male silver would look fantastic. Or male bronze Shimmer x female silver.

You mean, like this?

http://www.coup-detat.info/NDER/Lineage.ph...en=4&mate=SjM2Z

This is an actual lineage, and I am due to get the next one Lei Shi breeds. I have several CB silvers, so continuing won't be an issue. I think it's gorgeous.

Edited by Riverwillows

Seen an offspring of that.

user posted image

Its very pretty. o3o

yes it is but then again those of us w/o CB silvers r doomed if we got 1 to try and continue lol

Well, if you got one of those shimmers, you could try for an arrowhead/chevron mate, for an even gen, rather than try to continue a stair.

I will be obtaining second-gens of Guardian x Bronze and Guardian x Silver because guardians are the best mate for everything. I'm also a fan of Silver x Spitfire (which would make a gorgeous combination checker with Guardian x Bronze, I posted that on the old thread), and Deepsea x Bronze looks fantastic. I'd also like to see a shimmer with Daydream, maybe Gold x Daydream- if I ever manage to get on a gold or another silver second-gen list, I think I'll request that c:

Edited by TheCompleteAnimorph

seasonal x shimmer breedings would work well as well you could make 4 stairsteps (1 for each season) or a spiral or something. btw any1 know when these things gender usually?

I'm at 4D 9H with 155 clicks, 3202 v and 661 UV and still ungendered. I guess the extra clicks didn't really help. Maybe the incubate causes the late gendering.

Silver Shimmers with female Silvers look absolutely lovely. I'm not as fond of them with male Silvers--the upright stance of the male doesn't fit as well as does the flowy position of the female.

You mean, like this?

http://www.coup-detat.info/NDER/Lineage.ph...en=4&mate=SjM2Z

This is an actual lineage, and I am due to get the next one Lei Shi breeds. I have several CB silvers, so continuing won't be an issue. I think it's gorgeous.

Ooooh, yes, that's as pretty as I imagined. Oh man what I wouldn't trade to get one of those. I have CB silvers to continue that if I ever got it, but oh well. I can still dream.

And yeah, I agree that the female's shape fits better, though the color of the male works nicely with the silver shimmers. They've both got the silver/bluish theme going on.

Edited by zaverxi