lamoxlamae

Abandoning lowers fertility and drop rates

And what of the rares that people drop as "AP gifting"? Or when there's a release and people dump everything that isn't vital?

And, as it is currently written, this suggestion is no longer applicable. It specifically deals with the AP before TJ removed cave blocking. I'm not sure if there is even a way to rework it to make it applicable, since there can be many lovely things in the backlog that could cause reduced fertility and reduced drops of rare dragons.

Edited by Pokemonfan13

I'm definitely against this, I like to drop good eggs into the AP and a lot of times I forget that I'm egg locked and end up breeding some dragons. The egg drops into the AP automatically and I'm left going "Oh, right. Damn" I would be VERY upset if that ended up happening and my dragons or the cave were effected. I've yet to grab an opal from the cave myself and if something happened that made it even harder I would probably punch my laptop.

Personally, I think the change in the AP (stopping it from blocking the cave and allowing us to pick up low-time eggs) renders this suggestion useless. It was a very good thought for when the AP was still blocking, but we don't need it anymore. It's kind of silly that it got necro'd.

ETA: Ahhhh, Pokemonfan13 edited her post to say almost exactly this same thing after I'd read it initially. Ninja'd except not?

Edited by LibbyLishly

Well, I suppose somebody brought it up - even though the AP fix, among other things, destroyed the ability of nasty-minded people to mass junk-breed to block the Cave - in the hope of reducing the number of Blocker eggs, probably not realizing that many of these were picked up in the Cave by people trying to get the biomes moving, sacrificing precious spaces for 5 hours (often the rest of their playing time for that day) until the Blocker eggs can be dropped into the AP to typically come up as Incuhatchables, or close to it, and ultimately taken.

Yes, there are a lot of ugly-lineaged breds turning up, but not nearly so many as there used to be, and a lot of these are likely from new/off-forum people who are simply having fun breeding their babies, or don't realize that many people do want CBs or nice lineages, not just random sprites and think they're doing people favours, or from the general mish-mash of people making breeding errors and dropping them onto the Abandoned page because that's where they go.

It's really a garbage heap that people sometimes drop nice dragons into as a surprise.

And I know I sometimes mass-breed 2nd gen Reds/Pinks into the AP to come up as short-time/ER surprises for those who can use them, and prefer to do so when I'm locked, rather than undergo a whole swack of pass-word, etc., entries, so the ability to do this is an asset to a wide range of people adding potentially useful sprites to the AP, not just those with metallic armies and a tendency to altruism.

But if the poster's reading this thread, I expect she'll come to understand that blocking the ability to breed when locked, under the now-current circumstances, wouldn't help the situation mentioned, and would, instead, likely reduce the number of potentially useful bred eggs that many are happy to find in the AP.

I'm against this idea. I breed to the AP to gift strangers. I just bred my pinks and reds and plan to breed my golds, silvers, tinsels and shimmers to AP again (I did it other times). I know that a lot of people do the same with the solely purpose to give an opportunity to other players to get nice eggs (I got all my christmas eggs from AP!).

So, no, no support.

I'm against this idea. I breed to the AP to gift strangers. I just bred my pinks and reds and plan to breed my golds, silvers, tinsels and shimmers to AP again (I did it other times). I know that a lot of people do the same with the solely purpose to give an opportunity to other players to get nice eggs (I got all my christmas eggs from AP!).

So, no, no support.

This. I abandoned a load of NICE 2nd gen eggs just today, on purpose to benefit others. I don't want to have to stop doing so so that I can carry on with my lineages without fertility issues...