OrbiterSpore

PETA Attacks StarCraft; Zerglings are Friends

Anyways I work and show at dog shows. I remember one year when someone from PETA came in and let dogs out of their kennels because it was 'inhuman' to have them in there. The dogs ran out into the buisy highway not far from the show and got hit by cars. Most of them died or became lost and never seen again. I never liked PETA I am just happy that they are shooting themselves in the foot more everytime I hear about them.

I have officially lost faith in PETA, even though that was well overdue.

Seriously? Claiming it to be 'inhuman' to keep a dog in a cage for one day when all the rest are spent living happily with their owners (and most dogs don't even mind being confined to safety in places they don't know), then let other people's beloved pets be lost or killed. Just letting a dog out in a strange place without its owner around to run away and get lost is crueler than confining it where it is safe.

That... that just hurts thinking about it. ;_; Poor dogs and owners...

@ Reidragon: I thought PETA was against poisoning?

Edit: Oh, looky here. PETA claims they don't release dogs from cages at shows

Edited by rampaging wyvern

Yeah they're... not known for honesty. Someone calls them on their crimes and they default to deny, deny, deny.

Whoa wait what?! Killing PET ANIMALS?! I knew they were insane trolls, but I've never been told they were THAT insane!

Okay, that's way beyond the line. Do they seriously think that killing animals being treated well and loved will serve any purpose at all!?

I just don't know what to say. Do they think a future like this...

user posted image

user posted image

Will really happen? And for the record it isn't even that bad. Just kinda technopunk-ish but anyone can live with that.

What the hell kind of drugs they are buying, I don't care, they should be all taken to Android Hell. Or to jail, for that matter. HECK, I'm starting to wonder if they really have anything in the head aside from warring-gang tatoos and horrible hair with a gangster cap. What kind of soulless idiot, son-of-a-someone kills owned household animals and thinks it's fair? I wonder, how they can sleep at night with that?

I'm starting to think Obama should have accepted the Death Star petition. And given the fact that PETA apparently is a worldwide org, not even I am safe from these mentally-impaired, maniacal murderous pharisees. I better find a contention field for my dogs and bird.

Now to stir the videogame madness topic a bit, one has to wonder what kind of dumb**it would kill otherwise inoffensive anthro animal characters if they existed.

Oh yeah, I know. Xenophobes.

Conclusion: PETA doesn't support the xenophobe omnicidal maniacs. They ARE the xenophobe omnicidal maniacs.

Also, DID YOU KNOW THE USDA LISTS PETA AS A TERRORIST ORGANIZATION?

THE MORE YOU LEARN.

Rot in the underworld of animal carcasses you created, (CA)PETA.

(Also, did you know 'Capeta' (pronounces 'kah - peta' )is a nickname for 'Devil' in Brazilian Portuguese?)

(P.S.: I think there should be a separate thread to bash them.)

Edited by OrbiterSpore

If you stop taking them seriously (which I've done), then their campaigns have great entertainment value xd.png

Except their campaigns are designed to, ultimately, take our pets away from us. And that's not entertaining or humorous at all when you get to the heart of it.

I don't find anything Peta does/says/attempts to do to be funny. They're insane, but they are intelligent (to some degree), manipulative, and unfortunately hold a LOT of sway with legislators. They endorse Breed Specific Legislation, they threaten/harm/terrorize people, they poison people's minds and target our children because they are young and impressionable, and they will stop at NOTHING to be seen/heard.

Peta makes my skin crawl, and scares the hell out of me. I'm one of those god awful pet owners that uses a tether for my fence jumper to exercise, owns a pit bull mix, and, :GASP* uses a CRATE. Oh, and I have shown dogs, have an unaltered censorkip.gif*, and sometimes I even teach them stupid tricks for the amusement of myself and others.

Oh the horrors of all horrors. I know they'd love to see me and my kind crucified. rolleyes.gif I've already had one of their "members" harrass me before, and I know it will happen again.

Did that idiot get arrested or charged for any of it? I'd hoped they would have been forced to replace any and all dogs lost. All those owners without dogs and that person getting away with it is wrong on all levels.

It was a few years ago when that happened and it was a public show so I am unsure they were caught or not sadly.

They've actually poisoned dogs at dog shows too claiming it was more 'humane' for them to die then being paraded around a ring.

Yes I remember this happening. Has anyone heard about the top Samyod dog in the U.S. that died of poisoning at a show after it was at Westminster? I just hope that it was maybe an accedent and not on purpose though I still would be devestated if that happened to any of my dogs. sad.gif

It makes me cringe every time I hear someone talking about PETA like they're sane, reasonable, well-intentioned people. I used to be like that, too, before I knew what their organization is really about, and now I can barely stand to read anything about them, because it's as likely to make me angry as it is to make me laugh because it's so ridiculous. Luckily the zergling thing falls on the hilarious side for me. Wow. Just when I think they've found a new bottom in the sanity barrel they keep digging...

To continue off this: PETA is also adamantly against no-kill shelters, and they have a history of taking perfectly healthy, adoptable, animals out of shelters and killing them rather than allow the pets the possibility of adoption. They have also in the past used scared tactics aimed at young children with some pretty messed up pamphlets. (ie: "Daddy is a Murderer" and showing a man gutting a fish with some graphic detail). Their tactics also have a way of putting a bad reputation on all animal rights groups because they tend to be the most vocal (and the most insane).

Oh. My. Goodness. I did not know PETA did that kind of stuff. ohmy.gif If PETA is funded by some other company, I REALLY hope they decide to stop funding PETA.

It makes me cringe every time I hear someone talking about PETA like they're sane, reasonable, well-intentioned people. I used to be like that, too, before I knew what their organization is really about, and now I can barely stand to read anything about them, because it's as likely to make me angry as it is to make me laugh because it's so ridiculous. Luckily the zergling thing falls on the hilarious side for me. Wow. Just when I think they've found a new bottom in the sanity barrel they keep digging...

If you play Wajas, there's a user there who's an active member of PETA and continually tries to convert people to their way of thinking. I had a run-in with them one time and it was not pretty; they actually denied the existence of the long list of sane animal welfare groups that I'd pulled up by name, going on and on about how great PETA is and how all pet owners deserve to watch their companion animals die slow painful deaths because we've "ruined" them.

Some people's children...

Edited by Lythiaren

Do you know what PETA reminds me of? Team Plasma form Gen 5. Heck, they might even try to tell Pokemon players that Team Plasma was doing the right thing. dry.gif

Wasn't Team Plasma basically based on PETA?

Well, minus the whole thing where their "king" was the abused child puppet of a power-hungry madman, obviously.

While PETA is made of crazy, let's keep ourselves in check a little bit here and remember that they aren't actually boycotting Starcraft PER SE, they are using this demonstration to stir up their actual discussion of animal rights. It's basically a very ridiculous metaphor.

Does anyone remember the fake online Pokemon game PETA created a while ago? In the game, all the human characters looked nuts! Cheren looked like he was drunk, Professor Juniper looked psychotic, Gessis (spelled it wrong probably) had a pitchfork with him, and Ash was for some reason a circus ringleader. You played as the Pokemon to tell the humans that they need to stop being cruel towards animals/Pokemon. You did this by battling the humans with moves like Petition, Speech, but you also used normal moves, like Ember. As a 'reward' for winning against the human characters, you watched videos of people being cruel to animals, and incredibly fake Pokemon cards.

PETA, you are shameless morons.