amyrokz

One Direction

I was so surprised to find there was not already a forum for this, so I decided to create one. Do you love them, hate them, never heard of them?

Personally, Im not actually a fan rolleyes.gif but i figured it needed a topic

Well their music is ok, Hating bands like these is just mainstream it seems, I mean dunno why I need to be so anti to a couple of teens (Though, some are 20-21, but most 19) but yeah, they are ok, just that the music can get slightly annoying... xd.png

Gah, I was going to make a boyband thread so I could be the one to be pelted with mouldy cheese... laugh.gif

But yeah, I'm a major fan. It doesn't show on here (unless you were a stalker and checked out my now-inactive Tumblr) but I'm a huge fangirl... I love them. :3

Oh, perfectly posted on Red Nose Day - in celebration of Comic Relief. biggrin.gif

Edited by cfmtfm

they really produced some awesome songs especially for the girls. awesomely great their composition.

It's too pop for my taste. Anyway, if it wasn't so repeatable I could stand it, but now, with all this hysteria, every time I hear them I need to have a lot of patience. Anyway they can sing the songs that they made, but at least not modify other's songs bcause they ruin some old-time-classic songs e.g. Blondy- One way

I like most of their songs but some of them are too slow and weird. My favourite person would have to be Niall then Louis not a big fan of Harry though.

Hmmm I never listen to their music but when I see it on TV, I have to admit that they sing very good smile.gif

I know a lot of people dislike 1D because they don't want to be mainstream but you have to admit 1D has very good vocals!

I would like 1D if like maybe they had catchier songs

My younger sister recently became obsessed with this band. tongue.gif However, I'm not a fan. I don't like much pop music anyway, so that might be part of it. They don't seem to be bad singers though, from what little I've heard.

Not a fan...

^This

I'm sorry to any Directioners out there, but what made me dislike them even more is the 1D fans I have to put up with at school. I'd rather not go further into details.

^This

I'm sorry to any Directioners out there, but what made me dislike them even more is the 1D fans I have to put up with at school. I'd rather not go further into details.

Exactly. I don't really like their songs, either.

It's not just a "boy band". It's music industry swill.

What do I mean? They are a band made to sell, not to make good music.

The music is the same as it's ever been granted the companies have the copyright so they can have 2 bands who play the EXACT SAME SONGS and people would still listen to them.

This hasn't happened before you say. WRONG.

Remember N*SYNC and the Backstreet Boys?

It was VERY EARLY for cover songs but their initial albums had some of the EXACT SAME SONGS on them.

I would cry out "hey we just listened to this!" and the other kids would go "nuh uh, it's a different band".

I am thoroughly disappointed that those kids were never the sharpest crayon in the briefcase.

The music industry can do this sort of crap to see who is actually paying attention and to my suprise, not very many people have been. Joy.

I don't care what they are, they have some catchy songs that I enjoy and that's the end of it.

I wouldn't say I'm a "fan", I just like some of their songs, just like I like any other music that I like.

I don't really like them, to be honest. tongue.gif They're alright until you know people actually SHIP them together. imaginehowthey'dfeelcoughcough

I like their songs, not a particular fan. I hate it when they're paired together, literally calling them gay ;I there's nothing wrong with gays but imagine if you were paired up with your best mates.

I like their songs, not a particular fan. I hate it when they're paired together, literally calling them gay ;I there's nothing wrong with gays but imagine if you were paired up with your best mates.

Also, some of the 1D fanfics I've seen DO NOT give me a better impression of the fans.

I used to hate them mindlessly and roll my eyes whenever What Makes You Beautiful would play on the radio. I got over that and just became kind of indifferent to them. And then, people I followed on Tumblr were posting about them and I had mid-semester break and my friend showed me the music video for Best Song Ever and bam! Fan.

I really do think they have matured this year - Midnight Memories sounds very different to all of their previous stuff and their look has also changed; they look more grown-up and grungy, which I like.

As always, some parts of the fandom are out of their minds insane (didn't they manage to hack into airport cameras to watch them sitting around doing nothing? Not to mention all the conspiracy theories about how management is organising their lives and girlfriends for them) and others are annoying as hell. But hey, you get that in every fandom.

1) Can't stand the fan girls. They act like they are going to be the future 'Mrs. Styles' (Sorry don't know how to spell the name nor do I care) or the future Mrs. whichever band member. *snorts* As if. Wake up call sweetheart. It's kinda illegal for an adult to get with a minor, so PLEASE get over yourselves.

2) Their song content and topics are no different from Justin Beiber or Selena or Taylor or many other teen pop stars.

3)They have barbie doll figures. I saw them in a toys r us store and had to resist the urge to burn down the place.

4) People idolize them.

5) Must I go on? I can if need be.

My younger sister recently became obsessed with this band. tongue.gif However, I'm not a fan. I don't like much pop music anyway, so that might be part of it. They don't seem to be bad singers though, from what little I've heard.

Adding onto this, because I've spent lots of time with her due to Christmas break...

The obsessive "One Direction Infection" of my sister is driving me crazy. If we eat dinner that involves carrots or spoons, she starts squealing about how some bandmember loves carrots or is afraid of spoons. She finds a reference to 1D in things that aren't references. And she spends much of her time now either drawing 1D as dragons and anthros, or reading 1D fanfiction (which concerns me a bit because I got into fanfic in middle school, and it ended very badly). I'm sure she'll get over it at some point, because phases of obsession over things like this seem fairly common, but at the moment I just can't wait to get away from it.

Obviously not all fans are like this, and part of it is her age since she's just in middle school. Certainly every fandom has its less tolerable members. And I'm glad she has something she is passionate about, even if it annoys me... but this really doesn't give me a good impression and it rather turns me off of the band itself. :/

Edited by Dimar

I am a fan and I do listen to their songs but I'm not a total crazy fan. If it wasn't for my friend I wouldn't even know if they existed :P until one of their songs come on then yeah.

user posted image