523ponygirl

The Hatchlings

Do you like this idea?  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Chry followed Shyann to the cave, pumping her little legs to keep up with the fast Electric. I can use my telekinesis ability to move the prey towards me, or get something to block their way and trap them! She thundered into the cave, then realized how drowsy she was, even after her little nap before they had came to the abandoned cave. Maybe it was my powers that drained my energy? Chry wondered, bewildered. She settled down next to Umbra and watched her sleep for a few moments until the steady rise and fall of her body began lulling her to sleep too. Chry blinked her eyes once, then closed them as her eyelids began to droop down heavily. Soon enough, her chest was rising and falling in rhythm with Umbra's.

Shyann felt eyes on her, and the presence was unsettling. She snapped her head around, but saw no one. Shrugging the feeling away, the Electric dragon smiled at Chry. 'Great!' She rumbled, almost a purr. Everyone seemed tired, so Shyann lay down also, the corners of her mouth turned upside down. She wished they could all just be together as siblings. An odd gang, but a little group all the same. She decided they needed to have a gathering. She'd just have to see what everyone said.

[Anyone read Wings of Fire series?!]

Arum quickly ran in an odd fashion, using his two feet and wings. He desperately wanted to win what he thought was a race. He thought he was doing a pretty good job, if he could say so himself. Perhaps he was the only one of their number besides that one other hatchling who hadn't spoken or did anything at all ((Spectra's character)) who hadn't found out what kind of powers he had or if he even had them, but he was sure faster than some of these other hatchlings! This made him quite proud.

He began slowing down once he got closer to the cave. His wings were even achier than before, and he felt tired. Arum slowly walked into the cave, sitting down in a random spot. He almost wanted to sleep. But how could he help get prey? He could just try his best to imitate what he had seen his father do once. 'I only know little about how to hunt by watching daddy, but I will try my best to hunt.'

(( OOC: Yes, I have read the Wings of Fire series! My younger sister bought the books, so I decided to read them just for fun. I still haven't read the third book though...But they're pretty good :3 ))

((Wyverns are dragons with wings and only two legs. It's hard to see, but the ungendered hatchling sprite has what looks to be underdeveloped wings. Arum won't be able to fly yet unless he finds our about his age manipulation.))

[i LOVE that series! The third book isn't out yet, I don't think. I have a paper back copy of the first book, and the second on my kindle. And alright. That's fine then, Durppie. Thanks for letting me know.]

Shyann motioned for Arum to come lay beside her, not exactly tired and wanting someone to talk to. She lifted a claw and placed it on her lips, warning him to be quiet. 'Hey. All the others are asleep.' She whispered, a mischievous grin covering her maw. 'Wanna try and hunt?'

[sorry for all the color changing, I think I've got the color I want for her now.]

Arum walked over to the electric hatchling, claws making light clacking sounds as they hit the stone floor. He then sat down beside Shyann, wondering what she had to say to him. Was this about how he had called her stupid? If it wasn't, what was this about? He listened to the mental whisper in his head from the electric hatchling. Hunting? Now? Arum was kind of tired, but sure. He thought he was getting a little hungry anyway. And the hellfire wanted to learn how to hunt, because hunting gave you food and it looked fun to do.

'I want to try and hunt, yes.' He mentally whispered back. But why was Shyann smiling like that? She was obviously very happy for some reason, but what was the reason?

Shyann almost blasted him with electricity, she was so happy. Finally, someone wanted to do something! This was probably an overreaction on he part, but Shyann would be know for her mood swings, until she reached adulthood when she would completely change due to the war and all the fighting going on. Shyann nudged him towards the cave, not daring to speak anymore. The others needed their sleep. The less grumpy, the better.

[Can Faen wake up and wander outside? He needs to meet his rider while still young for them to form a good bond.]

(Um, sure, I didn't know he had a rider.)

Faen didn't sleep long, indeed he only managed small snippets of sleep, each of which was interrupted by dreams of Thisnan leaving him to die. Finally, after the fifth time of waking up, he stood and left the cave, wandering out and away from the cave. He didn't really have a destination in mind, and instead let his feet walk where they would. Finally he found himself beneath a large oak tree on a small hill. He sat down beneath it but didn't try to sleep. Instead he just looked out at the trees and the stream nearby, trying to avoid thinking about what had happened.

((Thought Arum was the only one with a rider so far. blink.gif Although, I'll make one if anyone asks.))

He jumped back, nearly expecting to be hit by the lights flaring up around Shyann. Luckily, Arum did not fall. As he landed though, there was a hard sound of scales and claws knocking into stone. It was likely to at least disturb some of the sleeping hatchlings. The hatchling looked around quickly and worriedly, hoping he hadn't woken anyone up...wait, where was Faen going? Did he wake him up? Instead of the verbal lashing that Arum was expecting from the red hatchling, the latter simply walked out of the cave. That was odd.

Arum slowly crawled towards the cave mouth on his feet and wing claws, not wanting to make further noise or send a mental message that could be 'heard' by anyone. By the time he made it out, he could no longer see Faen. Should he try track him down again or wait for Shyann? After weighing the pros and cons, Arum decided that if something were to happen to the red hatchling, another companion would be safer.

Edited by Durppie

[Oh wait, crap, which of your hatchies did I make a rider for? I may have gotten your two confused.]

Shyann grinned sheepishly, padding quietly after the other hatchling. 'Faen?!' She hissed quietly, eyeing him. 'Where are you going?' There was a noticeable hint of curiosity in her voice, although none of the earlier accusation. She sat next to Arum, watching Faen go.

(I wouldn't mind Faen having a rider, so if someone wants to make one that would be cool, but its not required.)

(I know what you were asking, I was just commenting that if someone else wanted to make a rider but didn't have a dragon to bond with I wouldn't mind Faen having one.)

Chry roused herself from her short nap, awoken by the hushed voices of the other dragons. She lay there for a few moments, pricking her ears to hear the hatchlings' conversation. She caught some words and short phrases as she lay in her mossy bed, listening silently. Try and hunt...hunt... The young Golden Wyvern was immediately on her feet. For some unknown reason, she felt compelled to stop the hunt. She shook her head, bewildered. Why had I agreed to help the hunt before? It's as-as if some force is trying to stop me from...killing. Chry stood still for many heartbeats, her thoughts milling wildly around in her head. She felt like there was a soft voice whispering in her ear, urging her to stay away. Images of torn, bloody prey flashed in her mind, striking her with such force that she flinched. Chry pushed herself forward and watched the hatchlings with glittering golden eyes.

[Alight. Thanks. xd.png. And there is now only 5 hatchlings. The 6th has never been RPed.]

Shyann cocked her head. 'So much for silence.' She commented sourly as all the hatchlings but Umbra were awake. 'Anyone who wants food, follow me!' She called bounding towards a clearing in the trees.

Edited by 523ponygirl

Umbra opened her eyes a crack when she felt a warmth leave her. It was the golden hatchling Chry. She had gotten up and apparently everyone was already going out places. She closed her eyes for a minute, contemplating whether or not it was worth it to get up. Lose sleep or probably be forgotten? She would choose to go with them. It was terrible to alone, much less self-inflicted neglect. The hatchling rose right after Chry and rubbed her eyes with the back of her paw. The storm hatchling was apparently taking everyone out on a hunt. That was good. They needed to learn how to hunt. A bunch of hatchlings weren't going to take down a deer though. What was she planning on doing? Umbra sat next to Chry. "What are they doing?"

[This is going dead. We need a plot. Me and Ryujin have somewhat plotted for our dragons, but we need to introduce something for the lot of them. Any ideas?]

Shyann skidded to a stop, and waited for any hatchlings who would be following her.

[Good Lord! I just remembered about this old thing! Lol. Anyone still here? And nah, that's a good plot, but they are all too young.]