523ponygirl

The Hatchlings

Do you like this idea?  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Storyline/Plot

Clan'AIR has always been a peaceful clan, until the leader, which had been leading the clan for thousands of years, died. The strange part though, was that he died being crushed by a metor that seemed to come out of nowhere. Little did the dragons know, that the had metor caused a power shift. The 6 eggs closest to the metor got strange powers. The young, new leader watched them hatch, and it was soon apparant they were meant to do great things. Afraid of their power, he banished them all to the wild.

Scared and afraid, the young 6 hatchlings band together and try and survive. The quest for water and food is a great one, as none of them can hunt. As they try to learn to control their powers, they must also learn to hunt, and to fight in order to survive.

This is where you come in. You will play the hatchlings. It is up to the 6 to stop this leader, and his rise to power. Teaming up with the elves, each dragon can have a rider if they wish. This may turn into a full out war. It is your choice weather to try and settle this peacefully, or to charge in and demand justice. But first, you must hide out and gain strength and size. Learn fast, little ones. Fly high.

IC Rules

1] Each hatchling may have only two powers.

2] Hatchlings may not kill one another.

3] No one will be able to go out and fly, or use their powers, or even fight. They will have to learn.

OOC Rules

1] My word is law. Everything I say goes.

2] Only one dragon per person.

3] We will only be playing the 6 hatchlings, not any clan dragon or loner. If we need them to meet another dragon along their journey, I will play it.

4] You may not set any plots into action without my permission.

5] No spam. We will have an OCC thread.

6] No cussing. None.

7] Be polite!

8] Be kind!

9] Be respectful of others.

10] You must have atleast 3 sentences in every IC post.

11] No gary-sue/mary-sue characters

12] Put 'ksjds' in the other section of your form.

13] No hatchlings will know what they are doing. They will all be scared and confused. Remember, the leader threw them out when they were just days old.

14] IF you have a rider, someone else must play it. You cannot play your own rider.

15] No OOC chat in the IC thread.

16] There can be romance, but nothing above PG 13.

17] If you break any of these rules, you will get a strike. One strike is a warning, two is a 3 day ban, three is you get kicked out of the RP, and another can take your place.

18] You can only use dragons from Dragon Cave.

19] If you are not active for two weeks [without prior notice, to me], your hatchling will be adopted out. You will not get it back.

20] We need an even balance of girls and guys. So, 3 female hatchlings, 3 males.

21] Once a player has a power, you cannot use it.

22] If your hatchling has the power to control an element, you can only control one element. Not them all.

Hatchling Form

You--

Username:

Activity:

Muse:

Are you advanced:

RP Sample:

The hatchling--

Name:

Age: [They will all be only a few days apart, and must be under 2 weeks old.]

Breed:

Appearance:

Powers:

Personality:

Crush:

Rider:

Other:

Rider Form

You--

Username:

Activity:

Muse:

Are you advanced:

RP Sample:

The Rider--

Name:

Appearance:

Choice weapon:

Personality:

Crush:

Dragon:

Other:

Greylist [people who have recieved a warning, or a strike]

None. Lets keep it that way!

Blacklist [people who are banned, temporarily, or permantly.]

None! Lets keep it that way!

Other

Once the hatchlings are old enough to fight and stuff, there will be a part 2. Thats when the war will begin.

My form

WIP

You--

Username: 523ponygirl

Activity: 9/10

Muse: 10/10

Are you advanced: Yes

RP Sample: N/A

The hatchling--

Name: Shyan [Shy Ann]

Breed: Electric Dragon

Appearance: Can't post a pic... She looks just like the normal Electric Dragon though.

Powers: Mind control [can project/minipulate emotions, and see all your memories/mess with your head], and can control the weather.

Personality: Bold, always taking charge. She loved adventure, and danger. This can get her in trouble a lot, but hey, she's the leader of the hatchlings, nobody can get her into trouble! She loved the adrenline rush when she does death-defying stunts. By no means is Shyan quiet. She is loud, speaks her mind, and then some.

Crush: None yet. Just ask, and we can maybe set up a plot. (;

Rider: None yet. Up for grabs, just ask me if your rider can be Shyan's. smile.gif But I want her to have a male rider.

Other: Passcode... wink.gif

You--

Username: 523ponygirl

Muse: 10/10

RP Sample: N/A

The Rider--

Name: Arya [i ra]

Appearance: Arya is an elf, so she is very tall and slim. Arya has a dark tan, [like an Indian, not being racist here or anything, just wanted to clear it up.] and raven black, long hair down to her lower back. She usually wears it in a fishtail braid. Her eyes are a light emerald green. Arya is very beautiful.

Choice weapon: A bow, magic.

Personality: Arya is very fierce, stubborn, and quite a good match for her dragon.

Crush: N/A yet

Dragon: Arum

Other: Passcode... Shhh!! (;

Edited by 523ponygirl

I'm not an official approver, but I do have some input.

What is the RP Sample? Is it a starting paragraph for what your hatchling or rider would be like, a sample from another RP, or a link to another RP. That's the only thing that confused me about this.

edit: Activity and Muse also confuse me. What are they for?

Edited by ArchiosLukos

Well, a RP sample is just where you give me a sample of your normal RP posts. I just want advanced RPers, so that's why I have that. Edited by 523ponygirl

Activity and Muse are some other things you might need to explain to people. What is their favorite activity and what Muse inspires them? Some people won't have one.

Also, there is no Other section in your form for the passcode.

Activity is how much you are online, and your muse is how long, and detailed your posts are, on a scale of 1-10. As for the other section, thanks for noticing! Do you see anything else that could be fixed? I'm about to run it through word spell check. I want the approvers to just be able to approve it right away, so I can set it up. I've only made one other RP, but it took almost a month to get approved. :l

I don't do much of the grammar or spelling sort of things and the bit of plot you have is sound. We assume that the meteor gave them powers through some sort of radiation. I have had two RPs in the past here and am working on getting another up. I can see this probably being made by the players mostly. You may want a greylist and a blacklist at the bottom of your post to keep track of who has what penalties. I think you're pretty good as far as plot.

Alright, greylist, and blacklist. Run it through word, fix minor issues. Thanks! I've gotta go, but you cna go ahead and sign-up if you would like! I'd love to have you!

Hi! I'm Gist, and I'll be your Approver today. smile.gif

You state this as being an advanced roleplay, yet you only give me three sentences of plot. ._. Could I have at least 12-15?

Username: ArchiosLukos

Activity: On every day, but a bit less on weekends

Muse: Usually at least 5 sentences

RP Sample:

Crimson. A crimson trail fluttered behind the icy ponytails of a young woman. Her cape, the crimson color, was heavy in the front from all the things she was carrying. Several tan boys rushed by in a game of tag. On of them leaped in the air and turned in to a wolf. The woman did not even glance that way. The woman's name was Re. Re hurried through the streets, carrying a very important package in her hands. She kept it close to her as the rhythmic clack of her boots reverberated across the sidewalk. She came to a four story brick building and turned sharply to go inside. Out of a pocket on the right side of her cape, she pulled a key. It was very old and ornate. She opened the front door, painted black wood with a plaque stating 217A Baker Street. Yes, Re lived on the famous Baker street along with a gaggle of novice detectives. She quickly shut the front door and hurried upstairs before Mr.Reedly could ask how her morning was. Mr.Reedly was her downstairs neighbor. He was her annoying, tacky, shallow, unintelligent downstairs neighbor. Her floor, the fourth one, was silent. Everyone who lived on this floor was always off somewhere. Re did not mind. This gave her plenty of time to do experiments, even when they got a little noisy. This time, they would work. This time, she would open a portal. This time, she would get back to Han.

The hatchling--

Name: Umbra Ambulans

Breed: Shadow Walker

Appearance: http://i49.tinypic.com/205ftdi.png Umbra appears to be a completely typical Shadow Walker. She is mostly transparent except for her eyes, which glow a ghostly blue. As a hatchling, she is chubby despite being underfed, but will soon become thin and graceful. Little tufts of fur sprout from her neck and cascade down her back. Umbra’s eyes are wide and innocent and the color of a winter’s sky. She is really a beautiful specimen. A light mist always surrounds her.

Powers:

* Creating/Dispelling Fog and Mist

* Creating/Controlling Tendrils of Darkness

Personality: Umbra is a bit different than other dragons, most of it because of her abandonment near birth. She lives in the here and now rather than planning ahead, though she is sensitive to how her actions will make others feel about her. Pleasure and freedom are two things she yearns for. If she were engaged to someone but had a bad injury, she would go see them if it seemed to be a better time. Technical things are hard for her, while artistic and musical talent is where she excels. She doesn’t really talk about her feelings, preferring to make everyone happy if she can. When she does express her feelings, it bursts out and then disappears, never to be seen by the outside world again. When put in the spotlight, she usually does well. This is something she doesn’t enjoy, but is overly capable in doing.

Crush: N/A

Rider: N/A

Other: 'ksjds’

You--

Username: FlanHeart101

Activity: I'm on a lot, mostly on Weekends, weekdays I have school U.U

Muse: 7-8

Are you advanced: Quite, I spend most my days roleplaying~

RP Sample: A flash of green and purple speckles and a small caress of a chin with a spade shaped tail tip causes the bushes in the shadows to ruffle and rustle, making the scariest sounds for hatchlings to hear. It could be a predator lurking, but it's not. Just another hatchling scared out of her wits. Pure, lightning strike blue eyes glow in the shade of the redwoods. A ripple in a pond signals that she's dipped her paw into the water, testing the temperature. "Hello?" A velvet soft but babyish voice calls into the seemingly empty woods.

The Hatchling--

Name: Spectrum Starflight

Breed: Nebula dragon

Appearance: Dark emerald green with violet purple flecks and

Powers: Can become shadows/mist; Can make his drawings come to life for short bursts of time

Personality: Skittish but once he gets to know you he's fun loving, slightly strange but very kind-hearted

Crush: Nobody yet(will edit later)

Rider: Nobody yet(will edit once I get one)

Other: ksjds; Is there a rule saying there cannot be homosexual couples? Just making sure.

Edited by Spectrum_The_Dragon_Of_Fortune

You--

Username: Durppie

Activity: 8-9/10

Muse: Varies wildly. Generally I post 4-5 sentences at my least, and many paragraphs at my best.

Are you advanced: I guess so. I find it much easier to write longer posts than I used to.

RP Sample:

"Like what the dude with the cool music and high-heel chick said, what do these experiments entail? It is quite obvious from your mention of the effects of these bracelets that we have been chosen for this purpose because of assorted abilities we possess. I am sure that this forceful induction into your employer's experimentation is unneeded and a violation of the laws pertaining to not only public or private laboratories, but basic rights as well. Surely there would be people that would be ready to do this voluntarily?" The redhead didn't exactly look the part of a lawyer, not with her black tank top depicting a pink cartoon cat, ripped jeans, makeup, and military boots. But invoking the legalese might help, even if it was from a girl who looked like a ginger bimbo.

Actually, it won't. You and everyone else besides this August man here has a bracelet that saps your powers and will turn you into a statue. I don't really think you have the power here, Holly. And there goes your chance of dissolving and absconding. It seemed like August had not been lying. Andromeda's eyes had been flashing and it was like she had been trying to use her abilities without success. If that was true, the stone part was likely to be true as well.

The hatchling--

Name: Arum

Breed: Hellfire Wyvern

Appearance: user posted image His scales have a slight green hue on them due to Vine Dragon parentage.

Powers:

Age Manipulation -Can be used on himself or others. With others, it is much more difficult and has a higher fail rate. Also, if used on himself, he will revert to his current age in about 30 minutes. Will get better at using this later.

Pain Manipulation- He can control the amount of pain that he or someone else feels. However, Arum cannot just will someone to be in pain. The target has to be suffering at the time that he uses his power on them. Also, the higher he tones it down or jacks it up, the more lethargic he grows.

Personality: Arum is curious, and will eagerly blunder into something that attracts his attention. He is extremely confident, but knows that there is always someone better than him. He is easily impressed by the feats of others, and often tries to replicate their achievements in the hopes that he will best them. Nothing personal, just that it's nice to be awesome. For some reason, Arum is fascinated by the colors green and yellow.

On occasion, in regards to violence, Arum takes a perverse pleasure in it. He has the slight feeling that this could be wrong, but can't tell for sure.

Crush: None at the moment.

Rider: Arya

Other:'ksjds'

Edited by Durppie

@ ArchiosLukos, Accepted!

@ Spectrum_The_Dragon_Of_Fortune, Accepted, and no. No gays aloud.

@ Durppie, Accepted, and I'll play his rider, if you want!

I have one more person, who pmed me their form before the RP was approved. I'm waiting just waiting for her [spirit Wolf] to post her forum, and then all the spots will be filled, except for one more male.

You--

Username: SpiritWolfe

Activity:8.5/10 (I will try to PM you if I can't have access to the internet)

Muse: 9

Are you advanced: Somewhat advanced, I do a lot of roleplaying

RP Sample: Celestis yawned, hitting the top of her head on what she sensed was a small, dark cage that she was curled up in. She had been jolted awake by something, and she was irritated at being awoken. She gave another huge yawn and closed her eyes, but felt unsettled. Listening closely, she heard muffled speaking nearby. Celestis felt an overwhelming urge to get out of her confinement to go and see them. She wriggled furiously, causing her little egg to rock violently. A sliver of a crack appeared, and she saw a striking light. It's so bright, Celestis thought. I would much rather it be darker. With a final push and a crack, her egg split open and she toppled out, landing in a heap near the rest of the hatchlings. She lifted her head up and blinked wildly. So, so bright. Too much light. She made a tiny sqeaking sound and unfurled her dark wings. Wings. Celestis leapt into the air and fluttered her wings once, twice, then lighted back down. Celestis was suprised at how much energy that short flight had consumed. She glanced at her wings again and was dismayed to see how small they were. She teetered to the nearest dragonets, a Pillow and a Neotropical. They were both munching on round orange things that smelled sickly sweet. Celestis suddenly realized how famished she was. Grrroowwwll. Her stomach rumbled right on cue. She edged a little closer to the two dragonets.

(This RP sample is from another DC roleplay I'm in, the character is just hatching :3)

The hatchling--

Name: Chrysanthe (Chry)

Breed: Golden Wyvern

Appearance: user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image Chrysanthe looks pretty much like a normal Golden Wyvern, except her tail is slightly longer and the dark undersides of her wings glow slightly with a silvery aura.

Powers: Chry has control over telekinesis. She can move almost anything with a flick of her tail, from giant boulders to other dragons. She can also shape-shift, but it requires a lot of concentration and energy.

Personality: Chry is a sweet little dragonet. She can be quite chirpy and slightly annoying, but once she gets to you, you won't be able to get rid of her :3 Chry is reluctant to do anything with killing, she will only eat small birds, rodents, etc. When she matures, she will grow out of the spontaneous little hatchling she is and become a thoughtful, serene dragon.

Crush: None yet

Rider: None

Edited by SpiritWolfe

Yep, that's what I'm doing right now....I'll just quote something from another DC role-play I posted in.... :3

523ponygirl, sure! Go right ahead. biggrin.gif

I've got some questions. Where do the elves live? What are the relation between the dragon clan and the elves? Are they at war and hate each other for some reason, neutral, friendly, at peace but distrust the other, etc.

Username: ryujin13

Muse: 7-8/10

Are you advanced: yes

RP Sample: Treya crouched low as she stalked her prey, her form hidden by the grass as she moved forward. She was silent as she moved, her form melting through the grass as though it wasn't there, her every step silent. She was close to her prey, it's form reflected in her eyes which were focused on it with all her might. With a lungs she threw herself at her prey, her claws outstretched.

The butterfly had already taken flight however, and was already a few feet up when Treya's claws grasped the flower it had been on. Treya looked up at the butterfly above her and jumped, trying to bag it out of the air, but failing spectacularly and falling on her back in a heap instead. She giggled as she rolled over and shook herself off, scampering after the insect that was fluttering around in the meadow where Treya was playing. She jumped a few more times, trying to hit the insect and finally capture it, but failed over and over. This didn't stop her from trying, and her giggled drifted around the meadow as she chased the butterfly hither and yon. Finally the butterfly floated out of the meadow and away into the trees, off to who knew where.

Treya looked back at her little wings, which were still coming in and tried to move them. They barely responded, and she gave up because of the soreness.

(Quoted from another RP I'm in)

Name: Faen

Breed: Red

Appearance: He looks the same as any other red, except his for some odd coloring around his front feet, where his coloring turns from red to an orange color.user posted image

Powers: Fire control as well as invulnerability to fire/heat

Personality: Faen is a complicated personality from any viewpoint. He doesn't like to feel helpless, so he acts aggressive and angry, but in reality he is sweet on the inside. He is loyal to his friends, and will go out of his way to help them in any way he can.

Crush: N/A

Rider: N/A

Other: ksjds

Good questions.. Hmm. Never really thought about this. The elves and the dragon clan are at war because the elves wanted to become allys so that they could have dragons, but the dragons refused, and then the elves stole a few eggs, and this erupted into war. The elves are helping the hatchlings, because then want to help them over throw the dragon clan. [Which will happen eventually, in part two.]

@ Ryujin13, accepted! Yay! Now we can start the RP!

@ Spiritwolfe, Yes... Eventually. xd.png.

I would like for my dragon to eventually have a rider, because so far, I'm the only one with an elf. Lol.

Edited by 523ponygirl

((This is sort of a mass ‘I’m back’ thing I’m sending out to all my RPs. In other words, do not mind parts of it. Anyway, I am back from Anomalycon and I hope everything is going as well here as it was over there. I did not happen to get any pictures because the camera turned out to be a video camera, but oh well. If anything has happened in the RP that I might need to know about then I would be much obliged for a recap. A post might be edited in to this whether there is or not. So… there is that.))

We are going to start now, if y'all are ready. (;

Shyann squeaked, a blast of strong wind hit her as she struggled to stay on the back of the older dragon. "Where are we going?" She asked, pulling her body up into a sitting position, directly behind his head, so that it might block enough wind to let her stay sitting. 5 other hatchlings were in similar positions, perched on the back of these dragons, their kin. Shyann trusted her 'ride,' to keep her safe, although being up this high and going this fast was new to her. The young electric dragon glanced over the wing of the older dragon who she was on, and gasped. "Wow! We're up high!" The older dragon snorted, a grim smile on his face. The very observant Shyann had already noted his breed, Red, and his age, young adult, which she could tell from his sloppy flight pattern. As if on cue, all 6 older dragons, along with the hatchlings they carried took a steep, somewhat controlled, nosedive. As they landed, the other dragons dropped the hatchlings off in a spot far, far away from home cave. They were near another cave, and Shyann could hear a river nearby. "We have to go. I'm sorry, I didn't want to do this. Leader forced me." The Red male that was carrying her on the flight here mumbled, nuzzling her. "Bye!" He shouted. All the older dragons took to the skies, flying back towards home. The hatchlings were all alone.

Arum attempted to follow the Purple dragoness that had carried him here by trying to imitate how the older dragons had taken off. Again and again he tried to fly by running, then jumping up and flapping his undersized wings. 'Isti! Isti! Please come back! Where- where this place? Why you leave?' He called out, attempting to use the limited vocabulary that he knew. As the six dragons got farther and farther away, Arum lost hope. All of that jumping and wing flapping had also drained him. Sadly, the little Hellfire Wyvern headed back to where the others were.

He was extremely confused. Nothing made sense. Didn't Isti say that they were just going out to fly and see things, then come back home? And why had Isti looked so unhappy when she said this? Trips were supposed to be fun. And this wasn't home. Blinking tears out of his eyes, Arum looked at the other hatchlings. They all looked bigger than him, and that was scary.

((Isti is his nickname for the Purple dragon.))

Edited by Durppie