gistofeverything

Zodiacs: The Broken Sky

This RP is hosted by Aquenee and I.

OOC: Here.

Zodiacs: The Broken Sky

PLOT: Even hundreds of thousands of years before us, the stars above twinkled and danced merrily in the ancient night sky, gleaming and radiating their fearlessness across the surface of the planet Earth. No man could comprehend the stars, their role in the grand scheme of everything. What was their use in the sky other than to sparkle ever so beautifully, shining down upon the questioning humans? That is, until Greece discovered their use, the personalities and stories hidden in the stars, their adventures intertwined with those of the Greek deities. The stars formed themselves into groups to create their being, their person and who they were forever recognized as, constellations.

Twelve of these constellations were the Zodiacs. Aries, the leader, the Ram. Taurus, the fighter, the Bull. Gemini, the strategist, the Twins. Cancer, the pacifist, the Crab. Leo, the brave, the Lion. Virgo, the lover, the Virgin. Libra, the judge, the Scales. Scorpio, the vengeful, the Scorpion. Sagittarius, the seeker of truth, the Archer. Capricorn, the sovereign, the Goat. Aquarius, the provider, the Water-Bearer. Pisces, the beauty, the Fish.

The Zodiacs lived happily among their friends, their neighboring constellations. Eventually, this agreement and order slowly descended into disorder, arguments created by the diversity and chaotic nature the Zodiacs bore when found together. Fights and disagreements broke out among the Zodiacs themselves, occasionally disrupting the other constellations as well. The stars were uneasy, fears of war and conflict becoming not so uncommon. Dark glares and an uncomfortable vibe emanated from the Zodiacs, vibes that slowly began to reach the superiors, the deities, and eventually making it's sickening way to King Zeus.

There was only one solution.

Another day began, the stars fading from the night sky as the Sun brought about daytime. Every constellation was quiet, awaiting the event of the day, the falling of twelve constellations. The Zodiacs argued as chaotically as ever, unknowing of their upcoming fate, few of the twelve constellations noticing the odd silence of the other stars. The atmosphere was chilling, daunting, depressing, yet also holding the small, faint glimmer of happiness to be rid of the disorderly Zodiacs. At exactly noon, the great King Zeus appeared before the twelve constellations. Every constellation, Zodiac or not, bowed in respect.

"The Zodiacs will be spending days on the surface, their abilities revoked. They will take the form of humans, and be forced to live like them. The Zodiacs have been banished from the stars."

Within that moment, each Zodiac had their abilities taken, had been transformed into men and women. With a single snap of Zeus' fingers, a white mist covered them and transported down, to the surface. Planet Earth.

The Zodiacs seemed to have been separated. They slowly adapted to the humble life, never releasing their true identities. Over time, they eventually would have been considered insane had their identities been revealed. But, as time passed, nothing could keep the Zodiacs, the family of banished stars, apart. Each Zodiac slowly and gradually made their way to one city, meeting up whether they were poor or rich.

Much time had passed, but the Zodiacs finally came to a reunion in New York City, United States, in the year 2012 A.D.

In fact, so much time had passed, the other constellations and even the deities were beginning to miss the presence of the Zodiacs. They felt unstable, incomplete without every star. The constellations could not stand being turned into a human for a very short visit to one of the Zodiacs. It was decided, the Zodiacs would be allowed to return to the stars...

If they could still work together without so much chaos, and successfully complete trials to revoke their banishment. - by Aquenee

Edited by gistofeverything

Rules:

1. All of the Board Rules apply here.
  2. While romance is a general catalyst for plot action, we sadly must ask you to take it to PM. Screenshots/forwards of major developments are required.
  3. You must have at least 500 words per post, as this will be pushing towards a literate RP. We will not hound you if you fell under the limit, but in order to keep this the way it is, we need material to work from.
  4. You may only have ONE (1) power, and it must be related to your sign.
  5. You may not reserve a slot. If you want a slot, then churn out an application. If someone gets the slot before you, you are welcome to wait until the slot is open before applying (Aq and I will discuss this later).
  6. You may apply in one of two ways: with a character sheet, or an introductory paragraph.
  7. All sheets must be sent to Aquenee or myself via PM. When OOC is open, you may post them there as well.
  8. Godmodding is evil. If you are caught doing this, you will be suspended until the hosts have evaluated you. Any posts made during this suspension will be reported.
  9. If you were an original member, you do not have to remake a character sheet unless you want to. I still have them somewhere on file. (Subject to change; I might have lost them somewhere. ._.)
  10. Aquenee and I do reserve the right to reject an application at any time if we deem it unsatisfactory.
  11. Aquenee and I also reserve the right to kick anyone from this RP that do not follow these rules. If you are kicked, you may never come back (unless one of us changes our decision).
((Aq, if I'm missing anything, let me know~ X3))

With a character paragraph, you write a paragraph (or more) with your OC as the main subject. This way, we can get a feel for your character, how they act, and so on and so forth. Character paragraphs must be at least 500 words in length.

With a character sheet, you know specifically what we're looking for, and don't necessarily have to give us more. Sheets are easier to fill out with a linear concept in mind. Sheets are the most widely used form of character submission, but by all means, don't be limited to using them. happy.gif

Username:
Name:
Sign:
Personality: (Can be RP'd, but applications with a personality are preferred. 150 words minimum.)
History: (Very required. At least 250 words.)
Power: (Must relate to your sign.)
Other: (You may delete this section if nothing fits here.)

Edited by gistofeverything

Are we still going with the trials idea(with which we could look into maybe playing with my old topic layout to perfect it?) for the plot or do we plan to completely scrap it and think of something else completely?

Are we still going with the trials idea(with which we could look into maybe playing with my old topic layout to perfect it?) for the plot or do we plan to completely scrap it and think of something else completely?

You know, I'm not sure. It could work if there were enough (active) players...

If you have a good paragraph of plot. please post it. At the moment, I'm kind of stuck. :|

Here's what I had.

Even hundreds of thousands of years before us, the stars above twinkled and danced merrily in the ancient night sky, gleaming and radiating their fearlessness across the surface of the planet Earth. No man could comprehend the stars, their role in the grand scheme of everything. What was their use in the sky other than to sparkle ever so beautifully, shining down upon the questioning humans? That is, until Greece discovered their use, the personalities and stories hidden in the stars, their adventures intertwined with those of the Greek deities. The stars formed themselves into groups to create their being, their person and who they were forever recognized as, constellations.

Twelve of these constellations were the Zodiacs. Aries, the leader, the Ram. Taurus, the fighter, the Bull. Gemini, the strategist, the Twins. Cancer, the pacifist, the Crab. Leo, the brave, the Lion. Virgo, the lover, the Virgin. Libra, the judge, the Scales. Scorpio, the vengeful, the Scorpion. Sagittarius, the seeker of truth, the Archer. Capricorn, the sovereign, the Goat. Aquarius, the provider, the Water-Bearer. Pisces, the beauty, the Fish.

The Zodiacs lived happily among their friends, their neighboring constellations. Eventually, this agreement and order slowly descended into disorder, arguments created by the diversity and chaotic nature the Zodiacs bore when found together. Fights and disagreements broke out among the Zodiacs themselves, occasionally disrupting the other constellations as well. The stars were uneasy, fears of war and conflict becoming not so uncommon. Dark glares and an uncomfortable vibe emanated from the Zodiacs, vibes that slowly began to reach the superiors, the deities, and eventually making it's sickening way to King Zeus.

There was only one solution.

Another day began, the stars fading from the night sky as the Sun brought about daytime. Every constellation was quiet, awaiting the event of the day, the falling of twelve constellations. The Zodiacs argued as chaotically as ever, unknowing of their upcoming fate, few of the twelve constellations noticing the odd silence of the other stars. The atmosphere was chilling, daunting, depressing, yet also holding the small, faint glimmer of happiness to be rid of the disorderly Zodiacs. At exactly noon, the great King Zeus appeared before the twelve constellations. Every constellation, Zodiac or not, bowed in respect.

"The Zodiacs will be spending days on the surface, their abilities revoked. They will take the form of humans, and be forced to live like them. The Zodiacs have been banished from the stars."

Within that moment, each Zodiac had their abilities taken, had been transformed into men and women. With a single snap of Zeus' fingers, a white mist covered them and transported down, to the surface. Planet Earth.

The Zodiacs seemed to have been separated. They slowly adapted to the humble life, never releasing their true identities. Over time, they eventually would have been considered insane had their identities been revealed. But, as time passed, nothing could keep the Zodiacs, the family of banished stars, apart. Each Zodiac slowly and gradually made their way to one city, meeting up whether they were poor or rich.

Much time had passed, but the Zodiacs finally came to a reunion in New York City, United States, in the year 2012 A.D.

In fact, so much time had passed, the other constellations and even the deities were beginning to miss the presence of the Zodiacs. They felt unstable, incomplete without every star. The constellations could not stand being turned into a human for a very short visit to one of the Zodiacs. It was decided, the Zodiacs would be allowed to return to the stars...

If they could still work together without so much chaos, and successfully complete trials to revoke their banishment.

I like; we can restart from the first arc. That was a little shaky, what with people coming in every second page.

Setting is within the plot, I think. Editing in rules and character sheet, and I think we'll be ready for critique. smile.gif

I suppose I need no introduction to you, eh? biggrin.gif

Godmodding is evil. If you are caught doing this, you will be suspended until the hosts ahve evaluated you.

"have", not "ahve".

Other than that, which I feel should be dealt with since it's an outright typo, this looks ready for approval.

Alright, approved! smile.gif