Pixxelation

Separate the Completed Dragons Progress List

Should the Completed Dragons Progress List be separated into a few different topics?  

81 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't think it matters if a dragon is "remembered" or not. I think it depends on TJ's whim. It seems to me that he does not like introducing new Artists often, so any current artist with a concept on the list is more likely to be released.

Would you also think so if you were one of those people unable to view the Completed List?

It takes long enough to load it that I don't check it, so in this respect I'd say no.

Sorry to derail this a little, my previous comment was probably unnecessary.

Actually I'd like to see a separation by breeding groups - pygmies, drakes, unbreedables and regular dragons. I am aware that regular dragons are by far the largest group and that a separation like this might not be sufficient.

Maybe it would be sufficient to re-distribute the dragons to more posts in the same thread - with only a little number of dragons per post the completed list would split up in several pages and each one would load faster.

Actually I'd like to see a separation by breeding groups - pygmies, drakes, unbreedables and regular dragons. I am aware that regular dragons are by far the largest group and that a separation like this might not be sufficient.

Maybe it would be sufficient to re-distribute the dragons to more posts in the same thread - with only a little number of dragons per post the completed list would split up in several pages and each one would load faster.

Maybe separate by "type" too? Like amphiptere, wyvern, wyrm, etc? This might also help TJ find a wyrm, etc he likes that he could release.

I like the idea of separating by breeding groups, though you forgot two-heads. :P

I think more than separating them, minimize the images. Instead of showing all of them, maybe just have a single image per link rather than egg, up to 3 hatchlings, and up to two adults for most of them. That would most likely help everything. Plus taking into account all the completed dragons with alts, that's a lot of images. No wonder it takes forever. It's a simple matter to put all the sprites in one image.

Combining all 4-6+ images into one image per concept and keeping the link to the thread in question would make it easier for us to see the page, and still make it easy for TJ to yank the sprites to add to the cave.

I mean, I saw a pygmy on the page with 25 sprites when counting all the different alts. That's a lot of images to load. And it wasn't the only one either, there were more than a few with 20+ sprites because they included hatching sequences too.

Edited by zaverxi

I think more than separating them, minimize the images. Instead of showing all of them, maybe just have a single image per link rather than egg, up to 3 hatchlings, and up to two adults for most of them. That would most likely help everything. Plus taking into account all the completed dragons with alts, that's a lot of images. No wonder it takes forever. It's a simple matter to put all the sprites in one image.

Combining all 4-6+ images into one image per concept and keeping the link to the thread in question would make it easier for us to see the page, and still make it easy for TJ to yank the sprites to add to the cave.

I mean, I saw a pygmy on the page with 25 sprites when counting all the different alts. That's a lot of images to load. And it wasn't the only one either, there were more than a few with 20+ sprites because they included hatching sequences too.

Actually I like this idea (although it would be more work for the mods). This would also keep sprites from constantly poofing up as 'deleted / moved picture' on the thread.

Actually I like this idea (although it would be more work for the mods). This would also keep sprites from constantly poofing up as 'deleted / moved picture' on the thread.

Yeah, I like it to. It IS a bit more work, but it could also mean that, when spriters see it as the norm for images, they just automatically make a compilation image anyway.

The only work that might be a bit much is when sprites get updated later and need a new compilation image. Not as easy to replace.

Meh. I see no need for this.

I have 0 lag loading the pages. o-O Must be just me?

Meh. I see no need for this.

I have 0 lag loading the pages. o-O Must be just me?

Congrats, you're someone with decent-enough internet that can load tons of images.

I have pretty great internet and yet it still takes a few seconds for the page to load fully.

Just because you don't have a need for it doesn't mean others don't. There are people who've posted saying they don't even bother trying to load the list because it's just too many pictures and bogs their internet (or device) down.

I'm going to keep neutral. I do get frustrated with how long it takes for the sprites to appear, but we do have to remember that the lists changes with adding new concepts completed or removing concepts. It would not be bad...but I think it may be complicated with how many concepts are added and removed and trying to remember all that is the works of the Mods who move the topics...

I'm not saying yes or no...but there's two sides to this issue, not really the lag yes or lag no, but the fact that the CL list changes constantly, it may not seem as often, but it happens. A lot of concepts I know have been removed (sadly) and a lot of others have been added on.

Edit: some people tend to look concepts over. That one wyvern that was released was on the list but I never regarded it...concepts can be easily missed you know.

Edited by Firebirdwyvern

Before I got my new computer, the Completed List used to lag my comp so much. It used to take about 5 minutes for the stupid thread to load. I stopped going to it. Then my new comp came around, and it only takes about 2 seconds for it to load all those images.

I still support this idea, I think it would be better for it to be split.

On my laptop it just took 6 minutes for that whole list to load. And that is with only one tab open and nothing else running. That makes it just too much trouble to do most of the time. I really support finding a way to split the list into smaller sections.