Pixxelation

Separate the Completed Dragons Progress List

Should the Completed Dragons Progress List be separated into a few different topics?  

81 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I know I'm not the only one who loves looking at completed dragon requests through the Completed Dragons Progress List. However, it has grown to such an immense size over the years that it takes way too long to open, even causing one's browser to lag. It even takes an eternity just to close the tab/window! I've talked to others who have this problem, and I think I may have a solution.

I think we need to separate the Completed List into a few separate topics based on letter-intervals; Completed List A-G, H-M, N-T, and U-Z (Number of topics is just a suggestion--there could be anywhere from 2-26 depending on what TJ decides). These could be adjusted based on how many completed requests begin with those letters, but I really think this would help with the major lag that ensues after clicking the link for the topic. Some people like the list as is, so there could also be a topic called Completed List Fulll that acts as the full list.

Thoughts?

Edited by PieMaster

Support, my browser tends to crash D:

I'm fine with it as it is but at the same time if it causes a lot of problems for others I think separating it would be a great idea.

Aquamryine

I don't see why not. I have pretty good internet and my browser really slows down and freezes for a while when I try to view it. Couldn't hurt, right? XD

Takes a while for me to load too, although it has never been specially annoying for me. Anyways, I support. smile.gif

That'd be nice :3 It does take an eternity to load, and the librarian in me likes the idea of it being organised alphabetically in tabs.

It does take awhile to load for me, so support.

Maybe it should be split into the years that the dragons were finished, (like one topic per year) and in those it'll be the dragons in alphabetical order. :3

Edited by DarkVioletCloud

Nah, that would be harder to split, as well harder to navigate and overly complex. The current idea should be simple enough happy.gif Thanks for the input, though!

I am against the idea of filling sections with tons of pinned topics, which is exactly what this would do.

Four is a ton?

Four is a ton?

That's exactly what I was thinking. o_O It doesn't seem like it'd really be much of an issue to separate the Completed list into four pinned topics. It's neater, it's easier to access, and it makes finding a certain dragon a lot quicker.

I'm against it splitting into four for the same reason as TJ. People already don't read stickies and this isn't going to help. D:

I would rather it be split into two if necessary - it does load slowly for me too but it gets there and I'd really rather not have that many stickies.

Edited by Infinis

I have absolutely no problem loading them, and I'm using an oversized, old toaster I call "computer".

I'm against it splitting into four for the same reason as TJ. People already don't read stickies and this isn't going to help. D:

I would rather it be split into two if necessary - it does load slowly for me too but it gets there and I'd really rather not have that many stickies.

I think even two will make it a whole lot better. As is, I have to wait at least five minutes for my BRAND new laptop to load all the images and get through to the bottom of the list.

It's especially annoying when I'm trying to locate a specific dragon and I have all these sprites popping up at random because the load was delayed by the sheer amount of images.

Not the first time I think this forum lacks spoiler boxes xd.png Would help a lot :3

Personally I don't have problems with loading the page there, and although I can understand that some users do, I voted "no", because separating the list seems a bit illogical to me.

Edited by ZzelaBusya

Why not leave the one pinned topic, but have it with links to four separate, locked posts in it.

Or however many separate, locked posts are required to organize it into something sensible. Don't pin those, just link them from the pinned post.

I have no problems with the current completed list, loads fine on my laptop. I like it as it is now.

Updated the OP. 4 The number of posts was just a suggestion, not intended to be the final amount. I would just like some form of separation to prevent the major lag of opening it. It's not just that it takes a while for the page to load; my whole browser lags, and even changing tabs becomes a pain.

Edited by PieMaster

For people saying four is a lot - that's four plus the two other sticky's in there. Yeah, six is a lot of sticky's. xP

I like my completed list as one post. =( If I've been looking at the list, whenever I go to it afterwards, it usually doesn't take too long to load.