Lila

School/University/College

Can we just skip the last year and go straight to college? no well drat .-.

Just want to finish this year and hopefully get a scholarship *-*

I felt the same way when I was going into grade 12. I think I just wanted to skip high school period.

I felt the same way when I was going into grade 12. I think I just wanted to skip high school period.

Yah, it's like I am just two half credits shy of graduating can I just go ahead and go lol

Yeah, high school somewhat sucks. For me, it was better than middle school, though.

Yeah, high school somewhat sucks. For me, it was better than middle school, though.

im sorry you feel that way omg. im having a lot of fun so far

im sorry you feel that way omg. im having a lot of fun so far

I hope college will be good.

I'm going to college for the first time this Tuesday.... I've taken a college class over the summer... and advanced classes throughout high school.... I'm nervous as ever to be moving and know I'll be fine and make tons of new friends.... but still...

and my family isn't helping matters.

Is it a lot?

No not really. It would probably seem like nothing to you because of my grade

Edited by Spottedleaf

I move back to campus on the day after my birthday. I'll be starting my second year of college and am ready to go back... I totally enjoyed the past year and it's a very different experience. A bit nervous because of the classes I'm taking, but still excited. I'd pack up now if I could. x3

High school was the worst few years of my life, for various reasons. I'm glad that I'm moving on.

Edited by Dimar

I'm doing okay in high school. Most of the pressure I'm getting I'm putting on myself because that's just the kind of person I am .-. and a change of school system really ain't gonna help

I got into the gifted program though, and...well I'm not sure who thought it was a good idea to stick every kid who was exceptionally talented at any one or two random things into the same class (we've got people failing math and people getting upset when they get 95s in math), but it's actually great because no one gets flak for being weird since we're all really weird. A few teachers seem convinced that gifties think they're better than everyone else and act accordingly, and this is really weird to us because the majority of us have social/confidence issues, but other than that 10/10 would totally recommend.

Yup. *sits alone in the I'm-okay-with-high-school corner*

Summer is almost done. Thank all that is holy! Summer is the single busiest time for most entomology students because it's when all the insects are out. Plus, my advisors are like, "You're not doing anything this summer, right? Here! Have tons of extra projects!" Never mind my teaching duties, my 10 hours a week at the insect collection, and my own research. I can't believe I'm looking forward to fall starting. Haha!

Summer is almost done. Thank all that is holy! Summer is the single busiest time for most entomology students because it's when all the insects are out. Plus, my advisors are like, "You're not doing anything this summer, right? Here! Have tons of extra projects!" Never mind my teaching duties, my 10 hours a week at the insect collection, and my own research. I can't believe I'm looking forward to fall starting. Haha!

That sounds really busy indeed, but fun as well!

I'm a fan of insects, I love studying and taking pictures of butterflies and beetles and wasps etc!

But I can totally imagine you're in need for fall to happen after such a busy period xd.png

Going into first-year physics at McMaster. High school was the absolute best, all of my teachers were amazing, and I am super-pumped to start learning more things and meet new people.

tbh though the food is getting worse each year augh

i know right! This year they took out all of the salt and then next year I think they are taking out the ketchup and stuff

but like with how all the food has been tasting lately at my school, without the ketchup it'll be like "noooooooooo"

I bring my lunch.

Ughhh I have to go to school tomorrow and I have a cold to where I'm coughing so much I can hardly breathe

Next semester is trying to kill me already. I'm taking more hours, working more hours, and I have a few new responsibilities as a custodial crew supervisor and a staff writer for an on-campus international social affairs journal. At the same time, I'm glad to see the summer wrap up. It's been a good break, and I'm happy to get back to school. Plus, I just finished a summer research project on Batman for a literature colloquium, so that's basically the coolest thing I've ever accomplished.

Starting school next Wednesday. I'll be looking for a job on campus as well, and taking an extra class. I'm kinda looking forward to it though.

I'll miss mama's cooking though.