Lila

School/University/College

I'm in my last year of middle school. I really like my school. It has mostly decent/good teachers. I learn interesting stuff there, and is challenged with some of the material, whine is good. However, next year I'll be moving to another state, and will not be able to attend the high school most students in my school will go to. It's one of the best in my state. The high school I'm going to next either has a high drop out rate or mean students, based on some research online. sad.gif

Edited by Darklight

I can't wait for the year to end...hopefully I'd get the electives I want *crosses fingers* I'm going to be...one of the older people on campus next year =3

man I had the opposite for all of my uni and I would have done anything for a few electives

It's such a waste of time and money, though. If I took only the necessities I could probably complete my degree in half the time and save half the money.

I hated primary school and hated intermediate even more. Not because of the lessons, I like them, but the people bullying and excluding me. Now I am at high school and LOVE it!

Oh trust me I know how bullying goes, I feel your pain, but high school for me is indeed better, thank god. -.-

But I'm glad to hear so! smile.gif

In high school right now. I got in a bad company for the first two years and was bullied because of it. Thankfully, right now I have great friends and I'm actually starting to enjoy it biggrin.gif

If only I didn't have 17 subjects dry.gif

In high school right now. I got in a bad company for the first two years and was bullied because of it. Thankfully, right now I have great friends and I'm actually starting to enjoy it biggrin.gif

If only I didn't have 17 subjects dry.gif

That's the spirit! biggrin.gif

17 subjects? Oh damn DX

Yup. All of them are mandatory. I also had other subjects (latin for first two grades).

So, the list is:

Math, Physics, Chemistry, Biology.

Croatian, English, Italian, Spanish (In 2nd grade we can choose between Spanish advanced maths and IT. We have to choose one of them).

History of art, music class, history, geography, sociology, psychology.

Logic, PE and religion.

We are expected to have A's or B's from most of these subjects if we want to get into a good college.

College is an unholy cacophony of stress. Only one more year until I finish my degree though.

Yup. All of them are mandatory. I also had other subjects (latin for first two grades).

So, the list is:

Math, Physics, Chemistry, Biology.

Croatian, English, Italian, Spanish (In 2nd grade we can choose between Spanish advanced maths and IT. We have to choose one of them).

History of art, music class, history, geography, sociology, psychology.

Logic, PE and religion.

We are expected to have A's or B's from most of these subjects if we want to get into a good college.

Oh wow! That's amazing.

Man I wish my school had this much subjects like yours, especially Italian and History of art (I love to study those), especially if you could choose them in the 2nd grade, now this is a good school. But I bet it must be stressing, but still an awesome school, lucky!

I'd much prefer it they were optional. As it is, right now all of those subjects are mandatory. And when somebody like isn't interested in math, physics and chemistry it just becomes a major pain.

Arts? What do you count as arts? We basically learn about artists their works, when they were made, how they were made... It's a lot like real history class.

In the first grade of high school you can choose between German and Italian.

We've got safety measures in. For example, you can only be questioned two times a day, and you can have only four exams for a week, and none of them can be on a same day. So, if you are a good planer and you have a good grade (grade with students that are wiling to plan when somebody will answer etc) you can get on by.

And, in the forth grade, we are dropping sociology and psychology. Instead, we'll get politics and philosophy.

Although, I wish that we were able to choose some extra classes. Like creative writing or something similar. Right now, all of that is dumped in one class and people aren't able to develop niche interests of theirs.

I'd much prefer it they were optional. As it is, right now all of those subjects are mandatory. And when somebody like isn't interested in math, physics and chemistry it just becomes a major pain.

Arts? What do you count as arts? We basically learn about artists their works, when they were made, how they were made... It's a lot like real history class.

In the first grade of high school you can choose between German and Italian.

We've got safety measures in. For example, you can only be questioned two times a day, and you can have only four exams for a week, and none of them can be on a same day. So, if you are a good planer and you have a good grade (grade with students that are wiling to plan when somebody will answer etc) you can get on by.

And, in the forth grade, we are dropping sociology and psychology. Instead, we'll get politics and philosophy.

Although, I wish that we were able to choose some extra classes. Like creative writing or something similar. Right now, all of that is dumped in one class and people aren't able to develop niche interests of theirs.

Exaaaactly, I love history and art in it, I'd love to study such thing, I mean I am an "artist" but still I would like to study it, probably before I study in animation in college, dunno. (Digital or traditional...But I'm thinking more of digital.)

But I agree with you, taking them by force must be a pain, especially if you do not like them DX, if only they were just well choose it on your own likings. The safety measures sound fair enough, I mean it's not like they will try to explode you with stress, well it does sound planed out. But I imagine there are sometimes it could get stressing, though. Once again those are a lot of classes, but trust me still a good school, wish I was in one like that. DX

Mine isn't so educated... xd.png

I'm in my sophomore year of college and I love it. Sure, around midterms and finals I'm stressed to the max and I have to take classes I don't really need, but all in all I'm learning tons and making some great friends. I'm an English major with a minor in Psychology. When I'm done I hope to teach English and Literature at the college level.

Exaaaactly, I love history and art in it, I'd love to study such thing, I mean I am an "artist" but still I would like to study it, probably before I study in animation in college, dunno. (Digital or traditional...But I'm thinking more of digital.)

But I agree with you, taking them by force must be a pain, especially if you do not like them DX, if only they were just well choose it on your own likings. The safety measures sound fair enough, I mean it's not like they will try to explode you with stress, well it does sound planed out. But I imagine there are sometimes it could get stressing, though. Once again those are a lot of classes, but trust me still a good school, wish I was in one like that. DX

Mine isn't so educated... xd.png

I'll probably study history, in combination with English. Probably, still haven't decided.

Well, if you get an E, or if the class postpones a test, and on the end of the year things can be pretty hectic. If you slaked off during the year, in the last couple of weeks you have to take exams from at least four subjects a day. But then again, that's their own fault.

TBH, most of the schools don't have the same program as mine. It's like this: in elementary schools our grades are numbered, with 1 being the worst and 5 being the best. At the end of the elementary school, each subject carries points that are the same as your grade in that subject. When you are trying to enroll in a school, each one of them adds numbers from five subjects. Mandatory ones are Maths, Croatian and English. The last two schools differ from school to school.

You have two types of schools. Gymnasium (my school) that looks for perfect grades in the three mandatory subjects and either history, biology, physics, chemistry or geography. Gymnasium is the most valued and hardest school, but if you don't go to college after it, the most you can be is a cashier or a waiter. You also have more specialized ones. They have the same subjects like me, but they have bigger number of hours for the subjects they specialize in. So, the math gymnasium has 5-6 hour of maths a week, language gymnasium has five mandatory languages and the classical has four years of Latin and Greek.

The other type is craft school. It has various subtypes, like, for example, electro tehnic, art, economic, music, touristic school etc. For each one of them, the list of subjects that you need to have good grades in elementary school is different. They also have different subjects during the four year in high school - they drop subjects unnecessary for them and instead have craft based ones.

I've been in a university since my late 16s. I went this early because I was granted TOPS and another ( forget the name ) scholarship after scoring a 26 on the ACT.

Having been homeschooled my whole life until then, the new, massive environment was where the most stress was coming from certainly, bahaa. By now, I absolutely love it. I'm a Marine Biology major, minoring in English. I'll most likely be going for a Master's, so it's good that I'm comfortable with the university I'm in now.

It has its ups and downs, college life, but when it comes to getting all of that knowledge.. it is sooo satisfying at the end of each semester, definitely. Good luck to everyone who's headed to college! ^-^

Edited by Momo

I am just learning for an exam in which 60-80 Percent fail. Sometimes everybody failes...it feels owfull, I dont believe that what you know correspondes in any Way with your Grades...its all a Game of being among the best ones and guessing what the Prof. Wants to hear...and luck Lot of luck! Please Cross your Fingers for me!

I'm a sophomore right now and I like all of my classes besides chemistry and geometry. I would say english too, but I just dislike the teacher (and yet I seem to be a fovorite student). Chemistry is just really challenging and math bores me out of my mind as well as being kind of hard.

This semester I have: Design, Geometry, Chansonettes (elite women's choir), English 10, Issuse in Psych, Chemistry, and Creative writing.

Last semester my electives were regular Psych, Acting 1, and Chansonettes.

I tend to like all my classes, but I think I've trained myself to feel sleepy when I go to Geometry.

I've been homeschooled all my life, but not in the sense of being schooled inside my home the whole time. I'm a senior in high school right now. I've taken various outside classes through different organizations and colleges, and I'm currently enrolled in a few AP courses. We have local organizations that oversee standardized testing (we take the same achievement tests as public schoolers), track our grades, make sure we meet state graduation requirements, etc. I actually have a homeschool "graduating class" of about 45 local kids.

I'm so ridiculously ready to be done with my last semester and get on to college. Thankfully I've received scholarships for my academics (yay for ACT scores!) and mock trial experience, so the costs are being covered pretty well. I'll be majoring in Government with a track in American Politics and Policy. And thankfully all of the core classes are both relevant to my field and interesting to me, so I won't have to deal with obnoxious "filler" classes.

I'm currently in my second year of a Criminology degree and tap-dancing happily on the edge of disaster; I've done next no reading since I arrived and I always leave everything until the last minute. F'rinstance, I literally stayed up all night tonight writing a 1500 word essay because I'd left it until the day before it was due in... And I've got another (500 words) to do by 5pm, as well as research for the 'Is killing always wrong?' debate at noon...

But mostly my university days are filled with eating, sleeping and wasting my time on the internet.

Well there's your problem right there. It's up to you to make those choices. tongue.gif Really, though, 500 words shouldn't take longer than an hour.

is killing always wrong? - just find one counterexample. e.g. mercy kill

Well there's your problem right there. It's up to you to make those choices. tongue.gif Really, though, 500 words shouldn't take longer than an hour.

Took 45 minutes- now I can relax. :3

Am in highschool!

Or I would be in middleschool if I was in America xd.png

Am struggling wasting time on the internet leaving things to the day before they are due XP

Going back to college. Not enjoying the ridiculous number of fluff classes. Or the number of classes I have to retake because when I was in high school so one used Microsoft access. I haven't used it in 11 years of working and being a parent. I will not use it in my future jobs.

I want ot eventually become a radiology tech or an ultrasound tech. How ever I am currently a sahm and have no babysitting and no car. So I am doing whatever classes I can do online in the mean time.