Lila

School/University/College

The five paragraph essay format sucks anyway. Don't know how you avoided it.

It's called never going to highschool. Quite a good method for avoiding things that are stupid. :>

i´m going to make a bachelor for biomedical analysis.... it has to do with for example measure the cortisol in your blood...

and at this point i would like to ask a favour from you ;D

if you´r under the age of 23 or no someone, please can you make this querstionnaire? its about juvenile stress and i need it for a homework we have to do in our school.... please please

http://questionnaire.netq-survey.com/3de8b...1f-1173ff31e4a3

Just a few things about this that make it hard to complete!

Theres no British or American nationality. But the grade point average system used is an american thing, so trying to figure that out, if your country does not use GPA's, is very confusing!

There are a few misspellings-i.e Australian is spelt Australien in your survey!

Other than that, it looks pretty good! Hope you get a lot of responses smile.gif

Well. Having two labs on one day isn't so bad after all...first day of Bio lab and first day of the real Chem lab was kinda fun. o3o Finally, a lab where I can do some individual work...although that's also bad because I suck at math. :I At least the TA is nice and helpful.

Due to my lack of ever having written a 5 paragraph form essay, I failed the writing placement test 8D. I got stuffed in writ 1. Joy of all joys. If I hadn't failed, I would have only had to do one writing class due to my specific major. It wouldn't have had to be writ 1 either.

Lololol five paragraphs. I usually end up writing three or upwards of 6. |D

Advisor guy wants me to do the Honors program. I kinda don't want to... harder org chem class :| I like goofing off.

At your uni if you're in the Honors program you HAVE to take the Honors Ochem? o.0 I'm currently in the Honors program at my uni but I don't HAVE to take Honors Chem or Bio or anything. o.o

Well. Having two labs on one day isn't so bad after all...first day of Bio lab and first day of the real Chem lab was kinda fun. o3o Finally, a lab where I can do some individual work...although that's also bad because I suck at math. :I At least the TA is nice and helpful.

Lololol five paragraphs. I usually end up writing three or upwards of 6. |D

At your uni if you're in the Honors program you HAVE to take the Honors Ochem? o.0 I'm currently in the Honors program at my uni but I don't HAVE to take Honors Chem or Bio or anything. o.o

I dislike the five paragraph essay format on principle. Five paragraphs (three body paragraphs) is no where close enough to usually say anything really worthwhile.

I completely forgot about the 5 paragraph essay format. D: I guess it was a repressed memory, that or it shows how much you actually use it.

Usually I ended up just writing junk to get my 5 paragraphs in or repeating things. Wasn't good at all.

I only write scientific papers now so it's all just sections - "Procedure", "Conclusions" ect.

Speaking of, upper level lab classes stink because I have to write a paper for every lab we do (total of 9 papers this semester). I understand the practicalities of it and that in real world I'd have to write papers for experiments but it makes me want to never go to lab ever.

I did get an entire lab hood to myself in Organic Chem II this semester though, so there's some joy in going to class knowing I never have to work with anyone ever (Besides our class teamwork harassment of the professor) and I can throw all of my papers wherever I want.

Never heard of this 'five-paragraph essay' thing. Then again, I did Maths.

Never heard of this 'five-paragraph essay' thing. Then again, I did Maths.

Intro

Body (main point)

Body

Body

Conclusion

Intro

Body (main point)

Body

Body

Conclusion

So a normal essay, just with limit restrictions.

I'll just keep to Introduction - Method - Results - Conclusion.

Awwww college biggrin.gif

I'm a Freshman going into my third semester (took a summer semester right after high school). I love it. It's not the people, "atmosphere", or anything like that. I'm actually taking classes I want to take instead of being plugged into the public school system, which is quite poor, so you have no choice in what classes/how many you take.

I go to a community college in Southern California and I adore it. I had trouble getting classes my Fall semester (the CC system is suffering also) so I had to "crash" (go to classes and ask if there was any spot in the class/could you add it) to get nearly ALL my classes. As a Bio major, I was kind of stressed out because of the fact that if I got no classes then I'm a semester behind getting out of this place. I got all my classes though biggrin.gif Which is awesome.

Spring semester should be easier as I have a full schedule (the way it works at my college/college system is the more classes/units you have taken the earlier your registration date). It kinda sucks for people who are freshmen because there will be no classes open for you at the time of open enrollment/registration.

I'm poor enough for Fin. Aid. xd.png Plus, all my units are covered for under the BOGG waver. So all I have to do is pay for books and supplies. I like community college and I'm happy I didn't jump into going into a UC like all my other friends did because I needed a medium between high school and a university...The California public school system doesn't prepare you for a university and I feel like I have a better edge on the people who just jumped into it all.

The crappy part about a community college is I'm going to be here for a while. Three years. Biology is a tough major and requires a lot of classes before you transfer...I love every bit of college so far and I'm cooking forward to starting school in two weeks (a week and a few days really).

Five-Paragraph System: I ditched that in the 10th grade (I took AP English classes after that)...In community colleges I hear they drop it after you take (What I have seen) an english class that basically takes you back to the 9th grade. I honestly think it's a huge waste because teachers in UC classes will laugh if you turned in a two page essay (I think that's the most 5 paragraphs can get you). It limits your thought processes and you can't get every idea you may want to out in those paragraphs. I've always hated it.

Darn. They cancelled my Medical Terminology course.

So I'll teach it to myself instead. The joys of being a teacher.

Early application deadline for my top school is November... -sigh- something else to keep up with this year...

I'm currently in college for ceramics, although I don't start my art courses until fall tongue.gif

I started as computer science, but it was just too math-intensive and I couldn't keep up so I had to switch. Sadly, since the art courses are sequential, however, I'm just stuck in liberal arts and writing courses for spring (we're on a quarter system, rather than semester, so each school year has three parts, plus summer quarter). I love it here though! The workload isn't too bad if you actually make an effort to keep up, and the classes are pretty nice since you can pick and choose (even the professors you have, for the more popular ones). If you can afford to and want to go to college, it's definitely worth it.

Despite what my high school teachers told me, however, I haven't written a single essay over maybe two pages since I got here tongue.gif (but that will probably change since I'm taking freshman writing in the spring... not that it matters though, I'm pretty good at essay writing and researching :3 )

Just registered for Spring quarter here. I'm taking math (out of necessity), psychology, and figure drawing. S'gonna be great.

(copypasta from the dA forums)

{Apologies in advance for my spelling and grammar}

It'll be a good 3-4 years before I go to college. I'm Dutch, I live in the Netherlands, and, like most of the people on this site, I want to do something with art. Conceptual art and character design in particular. And animating. Mostly on digital media.

Yet it seems like there are hardly any colleges here that will be able to get me ready for conceptual artwork for eg. the gaming industries or the movie industries. All is a bit sidetracked from what I actually want to accomplish and all take 4 years... I don't want to waste the 4 years on something I actually don't like to do.

One thing I'm actually really considering doing is Fine Arts to get the basis but I'm afraid I can't work digital or anything. And I want to get a grip on digital courses here but I can't.

Another fear is that I will have to move out of the country... away from my family and everything. I can't take care of myself.

ugh this is just really, really driving me insane and get me scared. Does anyone (in the art sector) have an advice? And not just 'chill out, you're not going to college for a good few years' but actual advice?

I'll be majoring in Government with a track in Strategic Intelligence, and one of my credit requirements between my third and fourth years will be an internship in an intelligence field. The site says past internships include FBI, CIA, NCIS, DHS, White House... I think I'm going to like this smile.gif

I just applied to attend University starting in the Fall and nervous as heck!

I'm going to be applying for Scholarships & Student Loans (don't know if the USA has this) here pretty quick once I get my acceptance letter. I am going to major in English Literature and have no idea what other classes to take yet. My goal is to be a high school English teacher but I have to take 2 different subjects to become a teacher.

Any ways, for those applying for Scholarships check with your bank. My bank here in Canada offers scholarships for up to $70,000 including a monthly allowance. The only problem is they make you jump through hoops to get it. I have to maintain a GPA of 82% or better AND have 3 members from my community write letters telling my bank why I deserve to get the scholarship.

EDIT: LOL I just realized.. In the USA GPA stands for Grade Point Average. Here in Canada its Grade Percent Average tongue.gif

Edited by Lord_Kishin

I just had my psych midterm today, and I have an algebra midterm later today, and a sociology midterm later this week...and two 8 page research papers due within a week and a half...

Yeah, I'm not taking 20 credits in one quarter again, I don't think. tongue.gif

Dear Mr Kestra

RE: BSc (Hons) in Adult Nursing

Thank you for applying to study the BSc (Hons) in Adult Nursing at University, beginning on Monday 24th September 2012. I am very happy to inform you that we have made you an unconditional offer. UCAS will send you official confirmation of our decision in the next few days.

I am Nurse Kestra.

I wanted to go to this agriculture-based university upstate, to take Equine Studies. But bad luck struck and I didn't have enough to attend. Financial aid only gave us half of what was needed for tuition, and I didn't qualify for any big scholarships. So I've been basically doing nothing since I graduated high school last year :I

I'm going to try to re-apply though, and see if I can find alternate means of paying. I hope I get money from the military seeing as my parents are veterans...

I'm currently in my second semester. (Oh gosh I wish this semester was over already as I'm currently postponing studying for tomorrow.)

I intend to major in psychology, but if I can handle it, I may also major in music. I go to a CUNY (City University of New York), so the tuition isn't as bad as when when I wanted to go out of state -2,500 vs 28,000.

It is still troublesome for a few reasons though ~

Edit: Oh yeah, I took a year off from High School since I couldn't get financial aid at the time...

Edited by DeathCry