padfoot

Padfoot's props and replicas

Does the Dragaon Cave commmunity want to see what I love to do?  

113 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Your work is awesome. I am so glad you decided to post pictures of it. I especially like the chain mail and wish I had a clue as to how to weave /stick the pop tabs togther. That would be so cool.

I bet you do did well in science fair projects and creative projects for school. Green with envy am I, Padfoot. Thankyou for sharing.

Whoa...I had a friend who could do that too! How do you do that?

Bwahh!!!! That looks like it hurt! (But I suppose that's kind of the point!)

What type of injury is it supposed to be? It looks kind of like a burn.

I think it's make-up, Totts. Although if that were actually a real wound, ouch.

thanks all smile.gif Appreciate the feed back. The make up is a burn and based off of Prince Zuko.

It actually did hurt Totts, the scar putty covering my eyebrow bonded with the hair. Thought I was going to have to shave my eyebrow when it was all done. The texture was done with normal elmer's glue and liquid latex.

I am actually thinking about making a picture tutorial on how to do the burn and the chainmail

Zillyhoo yoooooooo

What do you usually make your props out of??? They all look really nice wow

It really depends on what I'm building

For example, Zillyhoo is floral foam and pine boards.

What do you do once you've finished your props? like do you sell them or something?

I will sometimes give them away to friends who need them but usually I keep them and dick around with them on campus or somewhere in public.

You get some weird looks if you walk around the mall in a lab coat with a portal gun

Edited by padfoot

I've got a suggestion, but it may seem like a bit too small, but what about a Firefly pendant from the last of us? like with the firefly symbol on one side and your/someone else's name on it and service code on the other side?

Thats not too small. It actually seems like it would be an easy project.

Metal working isn't that difficult, right?

Maybe to get the circular shape, but I'm not sure how you'd get the firefly insignia on it.

I'm thinking bottle caps with the edges folded or grinded off

I have a metal engraver back home so e design is covered.

guess who's back?

And I have Homestuck stuff:

Friend of mine is a Homestuck fan. This is her Christmas present

Thorns of Oglogoth:

user posted imageuser posted image

Together with the wall plaque:

user posted image

Also a Christmas present, I made my drummer friend a clock from a old record:

user posted image

Coco, the record clock is amazing.

c: You should do commissions, you could probably make a fair bit of cash with such good work.

These are awesome! Suggestions? Hmm let me th-METROID! There are a lot of things you could do with that. And it's a cool series.

And dat clock

@Techno: sure. PM me

@Angel: thank you smile.gif I would sell those If I had a hot knife or a band saw. Cutting out a design is a lot easier than melting it out with a soldering iron -.-

also, Christmas is coming so if you want to give me a simple design or topic I can make you one. Sprite of giving and junk.

@Psycho: what did you have in mind from Metroid? I can make suits relatively easy and found this today and thought it would be a cool build.

If only I could wear it *Shrug*

I will take this time to update whats going on in my world of building censorkip.gif

I am going with a con next month and will finally be taking Zillyhoo out in public. I will be going a god tier John and my friend will be doing as god tier Rose. We will be posting picture as they come about.

Edited by padfoot

I know it is a double post but This is my thread.

I do what I want

Heir of Breath Hoodie:

user posted image Just need to bleach the design on the front

Oh, how I wish I could do stuff like this. I can draw, but I can't do anything remotely crafty. Even birdhouses fail me. And I'm not talking scratch-built ones, I mean the ones that are pre-cut and all you have to do is glue them. Seriously, last time I tried, I built it inside-out and backwards. And then the roof caved in.

As for suggestions... How about the gravity gun? You've got a bit of Aperture tech in your possession already, so why not throw in some Black Mesa?

Back, finally

here is my finished and 100% hand made John Egbert costume

user posted image

Me and my friend happened to run into our corresponding trolls so we had Rufio take our picture smile.gif

To anyone who is interested, here are a few more pictures from the con

Edited by padfoot