padfoot

Padfoot's props and replicas

Does the Dragaon Cave commmunity want to see what I love to do?  

113 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ok, so I have been stalking this thread for a while now and I have to say that everyone here is really creative and has outstanding artwork. Thant got me thinking, "Hey, I'm creative...but I'm not that great at drawing". Thats when I got a "gentle" push from a good friend of mine to post my stuff here. The thing is that I have not seen anything like this on the thread so I'm not sure how well this will go down.

I build replicas of weapons and (more recently) armor from video games and movies as I kind of hobby. kinda like cosplay I guess. Since building these things is both time consuming and difficult now that I am in college away from home, I am not sure I can take requests like other threads. I will, however, take suggestions on future projects as well as post progress pictures of whatever I might be working on.

I will be posting pictures of stuff I have done in the past and stuff I will be building in the theater department of my college if you all seem interested.

Update: I am gladly taking criticism on my finished projects and suggestions on future ones.

Edited by padfoot

My finished projects:

Zabuza's sword: user posted image

I built this when I was fourteen and it was my first build. Its constructed of plywood which explains the wood grain effect on the blade that I now know how to fix. It's not all that great now that I look at it but I was still proud of it.

Infamous 2 Amp with replica slingbag: user posted image

Closer look at the prongs:user posted image

How it fits on the bag: user posted image

It is made entirely out of pvc and plastic so it is lightweight. It still needs some detail work which I am currently working on. I am going to dry brush the silver parts to give it a more worn metal look and finish the handle with some kind of wrapping.

update

finished the detail work: user posted image

Closer look at the weathering I did on the PVC: user posted image

K'Nex Master Sword:user posted image

Aperture Science Portal Gun:

progress album:link

goofy pic of me after it was done: link link

This was my longest and most complicated project I have done so far. The barrel is built with different sizes of PVC pipe and the shells are shaped floral foam. I used EL wire for the lighting and melted my first battery pack when I first tested it out smile.gif. I am the most proud of this thing because of the difficulty of figuring out how to make each component and put the parts together.

Skyrim Shield progress album: http://imgur.com/a/NTiRO

Chain mail album: link

Bioshock: Infinite Xbox 360 link Murder of Crows symbol

Legend of Zelda: Oceania of Time N64 controller HEY! LOOK!

Homestuck stuff Just started

SNOWSTUCK!!!

Lord Canti

Long Fall Boots

Edited by padfoot

Current Projects:

Right now I am working on:

a chain mail vest made completely out of soda tabs ((Will post pictures as soon as I can))

A little sister needle from Bioshock

Detail work on the Infamous Amp

A skyrim guard shield

Lord Canti suit

Glados cosplay stuff

long fall bracers

Edited by padfoot

Thanks smile.gif This thread his really inspired me to work more on what I'm working on.

thank you smile.gif

As an update I completed the detail work on the Amp tonight and started the concept for the nerf repaint. Think I'm going with a Mass Effect kinda color scheme.

Also, I am taking suggestion on what you guys might want to see in the future.

Skyrim guard shield:

Started with a pallet I acquired from behind my town's Wal-Mart and tore it apart: user posted image

used the old marker tied to a string trick to draw out a perfect circle and cut the pieces: user posted image

Front view after I put the metal bracers on the back: user posted image

Still have to put the metal rim around the shield and of course paint the hold symbol on the face.

Not sure what hold to do though...

I like the Haarfinger Hold symbol, although that might be challenging to paint. The Pale symbol is nice as well.

Wow all those things are pretty good man. The Skyrim guard shield has me quite intrigued, probably because I've played Skyrim so I have an idea what the shields look like but nonetheless they all look pretty good in my opinion. I'm looking forward to see future updates to the shield and to any future projects you may do. smile.gif

Alright, Got the metal ring around the perimeter....: user posted image

and with some violent persuasion I got the ring to bend down around the edges:user posted image

can't say I'm too happy with how the ring turned out. It ended up looking a bit sloppy.

Still need to paint the Hold symbol on the front and a handle on the back. For the most part the hard part is over.

Thanks guys. I'm still not sure what symbol to paint so suggestions are still appreciated smile.gif

Edited by padfoot

From my experience working with paper, if you want to get a neater edge around a circular object like that shield it helps if you cut notches along the material before folding it over your round object. The same technique might work with metal as well, though metal is harder to manipulate.

With my experiences working with paper I find that your right smile.gif I made notches on both sides and they are kinda hard to see in the picture. Also, it's not that hard to manipulate, you just have to hit it a lot with a hammer smile.gif

That Portal gun looks AMAZING! I want one! seeing as I play portal and got a huge crowd around me whilst playing it in the school library!

Keep it up! Your a great art modeller!

Make a Hyrulian Shield from Legend of Zelda! Then I'll be sooooo AMAZED!

Glad you like it and are such a big fan of a great series like portal smile.gif

Funny you should mention that because I have all these old k'nex laying around and I don't know what to do with them....

Now I finally know what you look like as well as an awesome talent of yours. and may I say that you look gorgeous

I always find it hard to manipulate ridged materials to make props, so I fully admire anyone who can. The things you've made are really cool and I'd like to see more of it. I’ll definitely stalk ‘till the end of your shield project and probably just be stalking this thread in general. *thumbs up* Keep up the good work.

Oh. My. God.

Never in my life have I seen a thread so amazing. You are pretty darn awesome. I absolutely love the Portal Gun. Very skillful fingers you have there! All I do is play around with clay... G'luck on your Projects!

I.....

Holy shiz dude. These are really good. <3 I love seeing this kind of work, keep it up!

Ight, I finally have some free time and want to finally post the chain mail

Picture of the front. It's too big to get the whole piece in the frame and still show detail. user posted image

It is about as long as a normal t shirt

The back is almost the same but I am spelling out my name like a jersey and it is much shorter:user posted image

As you can see, it is completely made of soda tabs smile.gif

ohmy.gif

That Portal gun. It is amazing! And that chain mail! The chain mail is sooo good. I really really really like it!

That chain mail is awesome and I wish I knew how to do it.

I still vote for Haarfinger or Pale symbol on the guard shield smile.gif

sorry for the inactivity this past month guys. Just got back from college so I have all the time in the world to work on my projects

This thread has really been putting some good pressure on my to get my stuff together and get it done.

I'm going on a junkyard run this weekend in search for a 1920's to 1946 style gas pump handle

finishing the shield

and getting back on track with the chain mail shirt

shield update : user posted image

I'm going to paint the symbol tonight or tomorrow...hopefully. My crippling weakness of drawing is rearing it's ugly head and I hope I do not mess this up

chain mail size reference and small addition: user posted image

In addition to the picture I noticed that someone wants to learn how to weave tabs like that.

i can post a easy picture or video tutorial later tonight if anyone is interested

Lol I see a NES 64 games! @-@ great work on the shield and chainmail keep her up!

Wow can it be? Two updates in a row? It must be Christmas or something

spent about a hour making this with K'Nex I had when I was a kid. I give you an K'Nex Master Sworduser posted image