DragonTamer345

I'm a proud breeder of...

Hm.... do you guys think that I should oragize the dragons by types (Wyvern, Western, etc.)?  

603 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

How'd you get permission to use the Speckle-Throats? Cheshire's been inactive for nearly 3 years and, as far as I'm aware, never filled out an Artists' Usage Form.

How'd you get permission to use the Speckle-Throats? Cheshire's been inactive for nearly 3 years and, as far as I'm aware, never filled out an Artists' Usage Form.

You could just leave it alone.

No one cares

I didn't see anything saying I couldn't use Speckle-Throated Dragon pictures, so I think it's okay.

And if Cheshire didn't fill it out, they may not care if we use Speckle-Throats or not.

Cheshire not filling out the form means you do not have permission to use/edit their work. As an artist, I take art theft (Yes, this does count as theft, for you edited art without permission) very seriously.

To quote the Official Art Usage Form:

Regarding artists who are no longer active on the forum.

It is safe to assume that they want their work used on the site. However, since no shop was around at the time, their work will not be used for merchandise or as avatars, signatures, etc. You do not have their permission to edit, and doing so will be counted as art theft unless you have obtained permission.

That says it all. Sorry to break it to you, since I know you love the Speckle-Throats, but you'll have to remove the Speckle-Throated banners unless/until Cheshire returns and gives permission for their work to be used.

Edit: Iliun (Artist of the Albinos), Shiro Shitoro (Artist of the Seasonals, Thunder hatchies, Balloons), Pa Tone (An artist who worked on the Ice hatchies), Dracchan (An artist who worked on Ember hatchies), Skinst (Artist of Nebulae and the Trihorn hatchies), and probably more (I have to go in a minute), all either didn't fill out a form, require permission for edits/use in banners, or do not allow edits/use in banners.

Edited by PieMaster

blink.gif Fine! But, I will get Cheshire's permission soon if I can contact them so I can use Speckle-Throated Dragons in my siggy and avie and such! mad.gif

Sorry about the anrgy face and exclamation points... it's just... it's not to you, it's to the rule... I know your just trying to keep the peace on the froums and such but... augggg... -.-

Edited by DragonTamer345

I understand your frustration, and have felt it myself when I have been unable to obtain permission to use certain sprites. Cheshire is very hard to get ahold of, it seems (their dA and forum accounts have been inactive for years), so I wish you luck obtaining permission. Thank you for understanding.

Hey I know this isn't a breeding banner, but could you do a I finally summoned a GoN one? I've seen other banners but I'm so in love with yours I wanted to see if you'd do one before I go hunting for the others

Oh, one more, Bright Breasted Wyverns?

/I'd also like one thing just of some of the breeds combined derpderp it'd be easier

I like it! Though maybe under the "wyverns" they should say "Hellfire WYVERN breeder" and "Bright-Breasted Wyvern Breeder" instead. "Bright-Breasted Wyvern Dragon Breeder is both a mouthful and sightly redundant.