Darien

ABC Critters...

Easter Egger--a kind of chicken that lays blue or green eggs.

Yes, Barred Rocks are black and white chickens, but they're more striped ("barred") than dappled. I've had some in the past, but there are other breeds I like much better.

Golden Campine

Another chicken. I've had one of these and she was super broody. Just an all around mean chicken. She'd go after me anytime I went into the coop to do anything. One time she grabbed ahold of my arm skin and started shaking her head(like a dog would)

Horse Halflinger  (More specific, less obvious, basically the same thing :))

Icelandic chicken (kinda want some, but can't have chickens right now.)

Stella, that Campine does not sound at all nice. My (former) barred rocks just seemed kinda mean (hens pecking if I tried to get eggs from under them in the nest, rooster that attacked me sometimes. although he wasn't all that serious about it.) I also think that much prettier chickens exist--including Golden Campines, although nice is more important than pretty!

Jaguarundi

I really like the polish chickens(poofy heads) and blue andalusians. If I lived in a cooler climate, I'd get some buff Orpingtons(they're supposedly one of the friendliest). But I currently rent, so I can't even get chickens until we buy a house anyways

Leghorn (a type of chicken that originated in Italy and lays lots of eggs)

Stella, I had a few Brabanter chickens once: they have feathers on the head somewhat like the polish, but the feathers all go up or backwards, so the chicken can see. I've read that the polish can have trouble seeing. Yeah, the blue andalusians are cool too. I've had buff orpingtons, and they were nice, and also pretty. I've known someone who kept them in Virginia and they did fine, but I don't know for sure how they'd do any farther south. I hear you about chickens and not owning a house--but beware zoning rules, too. I grew up in rural Alaska, where you could pretty much do as you liked. Then in Virginia, I learned that zoning rules and homeowner's associations make all sorts of crazy rules. Like, a subdivision full of 2 acre lots--and no chickens or other "livestock" allowed.

Zedonk (donkey/zebra hybrid)