TJ09

2013-03-04 - Speckle-Throated Dragons

The dragons are besutiful! I love the colors and the poses!

The more I look at the male, the more he looks like he splattered on a windshield.

user posted image

But don't get me wrong, I really like these sprites and I love the colors. ^ ^

Wow...did not notice that until now..xd.png

Royal Blues aren't bad mates!

I think I might try a Cavern Lurker pairing once.

Just caught my eight CB to complete my four CB pairings.

Very well, I won't have to go CB Speckle hunting ever again.

Regarding the males, I believe what we're seeing is the crest on the top of his head, from the description:

Male Speckle-Throats have a small crest on top of their heads, which they can flush with blood to intimidate enemies and attract mates.

I'm really liking these guys, and I think I'm going to end up pairing them with Tsunamis and Blusangs, and then mix the groups. I've got 3 pairs, so one of them will be used for pb offspring.

The adult sprites are very pretty! I can understand why some think the male sprite is a bit awkward....but if you look at the hatchling sprite - the antennae are longer than the female - so the adult male has extra long antennae. I think they are wrapped under the neck and flowing out to the side in the design. At least, that's what my old eyes are seeing. Either way, they are both very pretty - I'd like to do an even gen lineage with them.

I think Stone/Speckled would be kinda neat

http://www.coup-detat.info/NDER/Lineage.ph...en=4&mate=4CeRm

I took a look at shovedtbh's post: Male Speckle X Female Cavern Lurker looks really good- Halloween project! xd.png I think that's one of my fave pairs, tied with Dull Ridgewings.

I think I might do a linage with these that's similar to another linage I'm doing. The mates will be Flamingos. The pinks look lovely together, in my opinion!

...I'm gonna need some Cave Born Flamingos. @_@

Wow...I am now glad I got my 7 before the craze started...an I got an 8th a few days ago.

Now...I wonder which of shovedtbh's pairings would work for my lineage tree...

Speckle Throated Dragons

And then most people would put a s at the end of an abbreviations, so....

O.O

"Dragon Cave! A place where STDs are desired, and actively seeked out!" 8)

Is it just me or do the females look like they've got a broken neck or something? And why are the Males antennae both on one side of his head?

Wow, the adults are gorgeous! I will definitely make a lineage with these at some point. ^^

"Dragon Cave! A place where STDs are desired, and actively seeked out!" 8)

Haha, that really made me laugh! laugh.gif

I like the adults smile.gif

Several pages back, someone mentioned that the male looks like it has a quail baby riding on it's head. I still can't unsee that image xd.png

The adult sprites are very pretty! I can understand why some think the male sprite is a bit awkward....but if you look at the hatchling sprite - the antennae are longer than the female - so the adult male has extra long antennae. I think they are wrapped under the neck and flowing out to the side in the design. At least, that's what my old eyes are seeing. Either way, they are both very pretty - I'd like to do an even gen lineage with them.

That's what I thought when I looked at them, too.

My scroll isn't loading for some reason ohmy.gif I hope it come back for me to get my last eggie

I can't say I'm a fan of the antennae, but that aside they're lovely and will look brilliant in lineages.

I think the whole site has the eggs by now...right? smile.gif

It's a girl! My first to gender is female. I influenced them all to make breeding pairs, but don't remember which is which. I hope she was supposed to be a girl. wink.gif

Oh, that makes more sense than anything I have heard yet, given the way his head is turned. Thanks. I can quit trying to puzzle it out now, and just enjoy the pretty sprite!

Just snagged two more new eggs, and misclicked a pink. rolleyes.gif I'll boot it off later. I'm swimming in pinks already. lol But I will keep those two misclicked blacks though...

Earthgirl, I love that kitten in your siggy! xd.png

Edited by MedievalMystic