TJ09

2013-03-04 - Speckle-Throated Dragons

*whistles* These are some pretty ones. <33

But, uh...who made them/sprited them?

According to the site, the user who sprited these lovelies is Cheshire.

*whistles* These are some pretty ones. <33

But, uh...who made them/sprited them?

They are credited to Cheshire, who (from what others have posted earlier in this thread) seems not to be active any longer. sad.gif

Edited by purplehaze

Ooh I like the adults, they're very...coral-y. I like the hatchies a bit more though happy.gif

Something about the male is bugging me, but maybe I'm just looking at it wrong...the male's antenna(?)seem to be on his neck?  Or what is it with the neck?  Does anyone else notice this?  Maybe it's just me.

4 more misclicks.  >_<  Now I'm locked for hours.  ugh...

Yeah I thought that was kind of strange looking too - but upon closer inspection it looks to me like the antennae are still extended from it's head, but then completely overlap with the curve of the dragon's front legs. At least that's what I'm assuming I'm seeing in the neck region there.

I not really sure what to breed with them! Any Ideas? I was thinking pillows but it is too plain.

Maybe a Moonstone dragon could suit it, since the slightly warm colors of the STD contrasts with the pastel baby blue of the Moonstone's, but then that's just my opnion. Moonstone x anything is the best!

I like these adults Thank you TJ and Spriters biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif I have breeding plans for them hehe.

soo pretty...never going to get another - I can see them being zapped up like the bluesangs - but so glad they were added - could stare at them all day.

Yay!

I not really sure what to breed with them! Any Ideas? I was thinking pillows but it is too plain.

How about breeding them with horse dragons? The contrasting purple might look good, or with luminas/strpes/whites; the light colors should look good, too!

On the othrr hand, i love the adults! Particularly their tails, they look so pretty ^^

I must admit, I really didn't like them very much.....until I made up this lineage...

user posted image

The shade of pink is quite stunning. I am very fast falling for these as they will look incredible in lineages.

user posted image

Edited by Dubious

Something about the male is bugging me, but maybe I'm just looking at it wrong...the male's antenna(?)seem to be on his neck? Or what is it with the neck? Does anyone else notice this? Maybe it's just me.

4 more misclicks. >_< Now I'm locked for hours. ugh...

Now that I've looked at it....I think the head-to-neck area of the male STD is strange as well. I think they have flexible necks. o.o

slightly warm colors of the STD

Oh Lawd, can't we call them something else? I'm forever going to associate them with sexually transmitted diseases if everyone starts calling them that.

Beautiful adults! wub.gif Thank you so much TJ and Cheshire! happy.gif *hoards*

I love the adult colors, but the poses on both aren't a favorite. Maybe paired with a Blusang?

Oh Lawd, can't we call them something else? I'm forever going to associate them with sexually transmitted diseases if everyone starts calling them that.

Speckles?

I just have to comment: for TJ or rubyshoes or whoever is responsible for description.

"Speckle-Throated Dragons are an playful, active breed."

"are an playful" sounds a bit off together.. I think it should be "are playful active breeds" or something..

Just my two-cents smile.gif oh cant wait for mine to grow to adults!!

I actually liked the hatchlings better than the adults... But the adults are nice, too. The antennae and the tuft on the tail are a great idea for these, and the colour is very well done as a metallic shimmer ! The lady is quitegraceful. The male... I'm one more person having trouble figuring out what's what from his wings forward.

My guess, too, would be that his head is bent upwards/left (just starting to fly a curve, perhaps), his antennae come out from the horns (?) on his head and are flowing sideways/backwards (they shouldn't look the same length in that case, though) and that strange part under his throat are his forelegs, held close together for flying. So same theory as s0r0k4. Any other suggestions ? wink.gif

And I like the idea of slightly different descriptions for the males and females !

Greetings,

Lantean_Pegasus

Edited by Lantean_Pegasus

I personally think that the Valentine Arsani Dragons would also be nice to pair up with the Speckle-throats.

And I agree that the neck part for the male is a bit confusing.

I like them, especially the color, not so much the poses (the male looks a bit strange). smile.gif

I remember them from the Completed list. Awesome!

I just have to comment: for TJ or rubyshoes or whoever is responsible for description.

"Speckle-Throated Dragons are an playful, active breed."

"are an playful" sounds a bit off together.. I think it should be "are playful active breeds" or something..

Just my two-cents  oh cant wait for mine to grow to adults!!

Now the word "breeds" makes no sense here. "Speckle-throated Dragon" is one breed, not multiple. Change "an" into "a" and that's it.

Edited by Light Concorde

I thought so too.. Hehe but since the description is for dragons which is plural "are playful active breed" sounds off too smile.gif but yup if they change it to just Dragon, that works.

Edited by Mysticangel

And I agree that the neck part for the male is a bit confusing.

I thought I was the only one noticing that the antennas on the mail just look a bit...off?xd.png been sitting here trying to figure out where it's coming from. Over all I do like the spriting of both but still the male has some pose going on xd.png oh well~ I'm prolly going to grab 2 more speckles after the ones i have to hatch so i can freeze the hatchlings.

I really like the female adult, but I don`t like the pose and the face from the male.

But the spriter did an great job on them! smile.gif

I thought I was the only one noticing that the antennas on the mail just look a bit...off?xd.png been sitting here trying to figure out where it's coming from. Over all I do like the spriting of both but still the male has some pose going on xd.png oh well~ I'm prolly going to grab 2 more speckles after the ones i have to hatch so i can freeze the hatchlings.

Agreed. Definatly confusing. But I do love the female sprite, though.