TJ09

2013-03-04 - Speckle-Throated Dragons

Also that oyster theory sounds good, but wouldn't an oyster dragon drop in the coast biome?

There is a horse dragon that resides in jungles. So it wouldn't be odd to have an oyster-like dragon be in the "wrong" habitat if it only looks like an oyster. smile.gif

It's fun to speculate.

Also, happily egg-locked.

Edited by dirtytabs

I dreamt there was a new release and when I got up an hour ago... voila! biggrin.gif Thanks so much for the new dragon.

Drops seem to be slowing down :l One more and I have to leave ohmy.gif So tense biggrin.gif

I come onto DCF to check my inbox and sudden new release wtf?

There is a horse dragon that resides in jungles. So it wouldn't be odd to have an oyster-like dragon be in the "wrong" habitat if it only looks like an oyster. smile.gif

It's fun to speculate.

Also, happily egg-locked.

That is a valid point. Still weird though alpine is the complete opposite of coast..(altitude wise) It's like finding water dragons in desert, or fire dragons in water...if you see it through the fossil point of view though it could make sense...

Yes speculating is fun tongue.gif

GRRR lucky! I only have 3 so far and abandoned a cb red and a cb gw to open all my slots

These look lovely, I hope I can get atleast one more before the drops end.. I unintentionally picked up an egg before they were released and it's still on cooldown. x3

My theories:

Spotted-Necked/Speckle-Throated Otter based? I don't know the texture of an otter's fur, but when they're wet they're quite shiny. I'm not quite sure why they'd be in the Alpine and not Coast, though. However, it does describe them as playful, which is a characteristic often associated with Otters?

Maybe something based off granite? It can be rough or shiny, and is often speckled/spotted looking? I'm sure it can be found in mountains.

Either way, I'm quite curious about these. I missed the last new release (non-holiday) unfortunately, so I'm glad I'm active again in time for these~

Edit: I decided to read a bit about the Otter and found this - "may be found in mountain streams at higher elevations." Perhaps?

Edited by Delillah

The name "speckle-throated" reminds me of hummingbirds, really, but that also doesn't seem to fit with the biome.

I just saw an old pink egg in the cave along with the new release tongue.gif

Wow, really? That's fascinating, lmaooo. xd.png;

Wow, really? That's fascinating, lmaooo. xd.png;

Yep, was just one egg tho. I guess it was a bug tongue.gif If not, someone just got really lucky xd.png

I just saw an old pink egg in the cave along with the new release tongue.gif

I thought you were serious for a second. Wow. Guess it's bedtime for Eri! xd.png

I thought you were serious for a second. Wow. Guess it's bedtime for Eri! xd.png

I am serious tongue.gif I saw an "Its bright. And Pink." in the cave alongside the new realease. It was strange xd.png

tongue.gif I would give my left little toe for a CB Old Pink. Only have a 3rd gen from when I first started playing lol.

To stay on topic, I can't wait for these eggs to hatch into little babies so we can speculate a little better on how the adults will look smile.gif

That is a valid point. Still weird though alpine is the complete opposite of coast..(altitude wise)  It's like finding water dragons in desert, or fire dragons in water...if you see it through the fossil point of view though it could make sense...

Yes speculating is fun tongue.gif

GRRR lucky! I only have 3 so far and abandoned a cb red and a cb gw to open all my slots

Oh yeah. It would be cool for there to be something fossil about it. But the name focuses on the dragon's spotted throat, so the former might not be a special trait. Oh well. biggrin.gif

Also, the pink's and flamingo's description is "It's bright. And pink", but it's still odd to see such an egg in the cave when everything's the new release.

Edited by dirtytabs

I am serious tongue.gif I saw an "Its bright. And Pink." in the cave alongside the new realease. It was strange xd.png

That's the description for new pinks and flamingos too, so not that strange. wink.gif

That's the description for new pinks and flamingos too, so not that strange. wink.gif

Lol thats true xd.png I think ive stayed up waaaay to long tongue.gif

Lots of lovely things went past in that last drop (congrats to whoever got the CB silver). But I didn't get anything! I was hoping to get a couple of speckle throated at least, but zilch. My internet has been super slow lately which is making any hunting impossible, it seems.

I was surprised to see so many regular breeds in there already though. I hope I can get some quickly, because with this internet, god knows how I'll manage if they end up being rare. tongue.gif

Wow. Drops already mixed with the "old" eggs.  rolleyes.gif

Yeah i noticed that too. I wasnt around exactly when it started... But i seem to remember other releases having lasted longer with only the new eggs dropping?