TJ09

2013-03-04 - Speckle-Throated Dragons

guys no need for drama over this there are plenty to go around and these aren't a limited release.

if you dont manage to catch a CB of this release then visit The new Release Gifting Thread and some nice person will likely gift you one.

and if the baby ends up being rare theres a gifting thread for that as well

I know its not limited, I just got into it expecting to have caught one for myself.

I understand exactly what you are saying. I was in that position and getting so frustrated. Someone kindly gifted me one, and I'm not going to frustrate myself any more. I know it would be really neat to catch one, but...

No need to keep defending yourself, those that don't get what you are saying never will.

Dee

I understand exactly what you are saying. I was in that position and getting so frustrated. Someone kindly gifted me one, and I'm not going to frustrate myself any more. I know it would be really neat to catch one, but...

No need to keep defending yourself, those that don't get what you are saying never will.

Dee

Thank you, it makes me feel better to know someone is in a similar position.

I understand exactly what you are saying.  I was in that position and getting so frustrated.  Someone kindly gifted me one, and I'm not going to frustrate myself any more.  I know it would be really neat to catch one, but...

Dee

Some of us are just trying to help. Frankly, telling people ways that they might be able to get eggs doesn't actually benefit us - any edge you share with someone else is automatically less effective for yourself.

So it's not that we don't understand, it's that we understand all to well. We were new once, too, which is why a lot of us are willing to give up some of the advantage we've gained over time to help lessen that very frustration you're talking about.

Reminder:

Attack the topic not each other.

We have several gifting topics in the trade sub-forum, Questions belong in the Help section.

I feel exactly the same way about CB Metals, still haven't managed to get ANY and I've been here since 2008.

I just kinda wana add one last thing before I go, I know some of it does come down to skill and just being used to using the site, however something just occurred to me. A friend of mine joined the site a little while ago, he didn't pick up any eggs, I just gifted him one every now and then, this means that this drop was his first hunt, the first time he had ever picked up an egg, and he got 3 in an hour. He has a considerably better computer than me so I must say I feel that played a bigger part than skill.

I just kinda wana add one last thing before I go, I know some of it does come down to skill and just being used to using the site, however something just occurred to me. A friend of mine joined the site a little while ago, he didn't pick up any eggs, I just gifted him one every now and then, this means that this drop was his first hunt, the first time he had ever picked up an egg, and he got 3 in an hour. He has a considerably better computer than me so I must say I feel that played a bigger part than skill.

I'd say it goes

1. Computer

2. Knowing all the tricks/skill

3. Luck

My computer doesn't refresh by F5 and its backwards compatible to an Amish butter churn. somehow I did manage to catch one egg for myself early the next morning after the first release, and although I will try to catch more, I'll be content with that. I don't like having to go on gifting lists unless it's absolute last resort.Plus, I think it just encourages people with the fast computers to catch 30 so they can gift. I'd prefer that once people get their own fill, let the rest of us have a shot.

*Catches Speckle-Throated Dragon egg*...*Realizes he's egg-locked*..*Abandons black and Winter seasonal in rage*

I'd say it goes

1. Computer

2. Knowing all the tricks/skill

3. Luck

My computer doesn't refresh by F5 and its backwards compatible to an Amish butter churn. somehow I did manage to catch one egg for myself early the next morning after the first release, and although I will try to catch more, I'll be content with that. I don't like having to go on gifting lists unless it's absolute last resort.Plus, I think it just encourages people with the fast computers to catch 30 so they can gift. I'd prefer that once people get their own fill, let the rest of us have a shot.

Check your PMs. wink.gif

Ok...I"ve caught....maybe 8? so far. My trick is simple.

1. Be there for the first 2 hours of the drops.

2. Know where on my page the eggs will be, and pick either right, middle, or left.

3. Hover your mouse over the spot you know the egg will appear.

4. Watch the clock. I use my computer's clock as it has the second hand going.

5. At about 5 seconds to the top of the hour, start refreshing and clicking madly...even if nothing is there yet.

Don't move when the eggs appear just keep refreshing and clicking like crazy on the spot here the egg is. Keep it up til you get some kind of message, any kind, even if it says you didn't get it. Check your scroll. I usuallly end up with at least two by this. All within a minute or two of the first drop.

This works for me about 90% of the time. I just go back before the drops stop at 10 after and do it again. If you can't be there for the first drops, just continue to try at the top of the hour. You will probably get at least one egg this way. When you are savvey enough at this, try the 5 mins. drops.

Check the trades. I traded two, and all I wanted was some uncommon 2nd gens to help me with some lines. Asking for more, in my opinion, is just silly.

And I refuse to feel guilty for catching the ones I did. I have gifted one. But just like you, I AM entitled to what I can catch, ok?

I'm out of the hunt for awhile, misclicked a winter and tried to bite it. Failed. sleep.gif

To add to what Riverwillows said:

Even if you can't be there for the first drop, hovering over one spot, holding down the ctrl button and clicking several times even before the page is done refreshing helps.Sure, you'll have who knows how many tabs opened afterwards, but seeing you got what you wanted makes all those tabs worth it xd.png. That's how I got most of my eggs.

Edited by Isuzu

I don't like having to go on gifting lists unless it's absolute last resort.Plus, I think it just encourages people with the fast computers to catch 30 so they can gift. I'd prefer that once people get their own fill, let the rest of us have a shot.

I see this opinion often and most of the time it changes the second they can't catch their own Holidays. I only have six Lurkers and I could have had a lot more, this makes me feel stupid for having gifted them.

To add to what Riverwillows said:

Even if you can't be there for the first drop, hovering over one spot, holding down the ctrl button and clicking several times even before the page is done refreshing helps.Sure, you'll have who knows how many tabs opened afterwards, but seeing you got what you wanted makes all those tabs worth it xd.png. That's how I got most of my eggs.

Whenever I hold ctrl, click with the scroll button or even just select any link on the site to open as a new tab I get a message saying "this page can only be viewed within the site" anyone else get this?

I see this opinion often and most of the time it changes the second they can't catch their own Holidays. I only have six Lurkers and I could have had a lot more, this makes me feel stupid for having gifted them.

Yeh, same here. Thought I was all philanthropic and like that.

Shoot! Misclicked a CB black...why couldn't it have been the CB Silver I saw fly by?? lol Still, I can't complain. *snuggles Black egg*

I don't use ctrl. I use F5. Guess it depends on your browser or something.

I just became the proud owner of a CB black when I misclicked!

Edited by quinney

I don't use ctrl. I use F5. Guess it depends on your browser or something.

I use F5 to refresh too, but holding down ctrl while clicking opens the link in a new tab. All browsers I've ever used worked like that.

I use F5 to refresh too, but holding down ctrl while clicking opens the link in a new tab. All browsers I've ever used worked like that.

Whenever I open a link in a new tab from dragcave I always get "this page can only be viewed from within the site" meaning I cant use ctrl or scroll click etc.

Do you have any idea why this is happening?

Heyyy, 'nother release. I'll grab it one of these days. The sprites look pretty so far. :3c