TJ09

2013-03-04 - Speckle-Throated Dragons

Please take suggestions on how the new releases should change/shouldn't change to the suggestion subforum. Be sure to search to see if the suggestion exists before creating a thread.

Here are 3 threads I found (two are closed though).

http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...&hl=new+release

http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...&hl=new+release

http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=147592

edit: Here's a quote from Sock from one of those threads:

The point of the game is to grab what you want, when you want, and when you can. Collection is up to you. TJ09 has said there is no such thing as hoarding in the game, therefore, there are no restrictions on grabbing (except for scroll limits to keep you sane and holidays, which only come once a year). The beginning of a new release is no exception. If you dearly want a new release on the day it comes out but cannot catch one, there are plenty of trading and gifting topics you can try out in the Trading section: http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showforum=11

In other words, blocking releases like this isn't what the game is about. I'm sorry you have not been able to grab any yet, but patience and persistence is the key. Either wait for the hubbub to die down or try out the tricks to making grabbing faster and easier (turning images and javascript off and etc.) and keep at it until you get something.

Good luck all!

DC Tips: http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=92778

Edited by rubyshoes

Does the 4 eggs thing mean there'll be dimorphism?

Yeah. Two different hatchlings, two different adults.

I do hope more will keep dropping, because a lot of people won't have a chance at the new eggs at this rate ohmy.gif

It would be nice to be able to get just one... can't help the green monster of jealousy when I see people bragging of having 7 and I have not been able to nab even one yet...

Oh wow, that's a surprise! blink.gif I just woke up...

Aaaand also I'm completely locked. Hmpf. And have almost all of them in trades. dry.gif

I do hope more will keep dropping, because a lot of people won't have a chance at the new eggs at this rate ohmy.gif

Yepp - this release seems only for the people that are online when it starts.

Normally in the first 24 hours the older eggs are not mixed in.

And great idea about the gifting threads - NEVER got one from one of those threads. Although polite and everything - I just get ignored - seems like I do not have the right "connections".

Nice new release - look what you could get - but you will not get them tongue.gif

I know for a fact that the adult dragons are dimorphic.

Tis pity, but I was too late. Here I am randomly checking for drops in the alps and I see Like 150 people viewing the page O_O. I check to see if somethings up, and yippee!! There are new eggs. I hope I get some biggrin.gif

Whoa, new eggies!

Only discovered this two five minute drops ago, hoping for the hour drop biggrin.gif

I dont think ill be able to get anymore of these dragons.. >.<

was hoping for atleast 4.. to get 2 CB pairs.

): my slow internet wont support me catching anything with over 100 people in the alpines.

Catching the 3 i have now was just dumb luck at school, not much people had realized there was a release. Plus the school library internet is about 5 times better than the one i have at home.

Oh well, they'll still be here after the release anyways.. xd.png but just.. perhaps, highly valued and rare for awhile..

My friend managed to catch one for me while I was at work xd.png On the upside for those who can't get the new release, there's plenty of good eggs to snag at the AP while people are scrambling to clear their scrolls for this new drop. That and the other biomes are less stalked.

Edited by TahkiBK

Maybe there was a set number to be put out for the moment, and they all got grabbed that quick? I noticed at the 12:55 mark, the alpine had 0 of the new eggs in the seconds any eggs appeared. Seems a bit odd.

Hopefully will be more around tomorrow/later today, goodluck to everyone!

Yay, managed three at the full hour! Plus a Royal Blue and a Ridgewing.

Now I'm locked for the next five hours straight.

Okay, of all the wonderful eggs I click on, the one I get is the purple xd.png

Good night, all biggrin.gif

Edit: Ach, saw my first CB gold this year after I'd clicked a moonstone in the Desert. Envy!

Edited by Dragonhide

First clutch was gone in 2 min. >.<

Opened nearly 40 tabs but got none.

Time to wait for the next batch.. @_@

Edit: Saw the second drop come and go ): Was there only 3 ST's dropped??

Edited by suskekun222

And yeah the time zones - if new releases are only for the US Zones - TJ should say so in the presentation.

^ This sad.gif

I understand that I will never get on the Thuwed lists cause we can hardly ask TJ to get up and breed in the middle of the night, but please let new eggs drop exclusively for 24 hours so all timezones get a shot.

Yay! Missclicked a Ridgewing during a 5 minute drop, but now, with the hourly drop I was able to lock myself with two of the new pretties and an Ice egg. My second CB Ice <3 I actually saw a lot of Ices and Gold Wyverns and Seasonals passing by...

grah late to the party and caught off guard when I saw them.

I thought they would be an exclusive drop but I guess no such luck, will just have to try later

Yay! Missclicked a Ridgewing during a 5 minute drop, but now, with the hourly drop I was able to lock myself with two of the new pretties and an Ice egg. My second CB Ice <3 I actually saw a lot of Ices and Gold Wyverns and Seasonals passing by...

Second you that. Saw atleast 4 winters, 5 royal blues, 2 trihorns, and a golden wyvern.

OuO

Had to be careful no to click any of them..

Edited by suskekun222

ugh misclicked and got a white egg and egglocked now u.u bleh, i think my chances are pretty low of getting one for now, its 4am and im dead tired, got out of bed for this and cant grab one xd.png they go too fast... i just hope they arent really rare >.<