TheGrox

Random Egg/Mystery Egg

...and then you click the "mystery egg" and gets a caveblocker that you have to wait for hours before toss to the ap. No, thank you. smile.gif

Well then don't click the mystery egg. It'd be a 4th spot, not affecting the "normal biome" ways, so no harm no foul if you don't want to chance it.

I'd love a 4th, "mystery" slot in biomes. Definitely don't think it should have any different chance of being more rare because complicated, but I'm all for a little more mystery in the cave, as long as it's extra and doesn't interfere with the normal three slots.

It would be nice if the mystery egg also either never or only sometimes didn't have any new release or holiday eggs in it, that way people can still grab (guaranteed) CBs of other eggs during releases/holidays.

Edited by edwardelricfreak

Or maybe this 'mystery egg' has a much lower cooldown time to abandon, or none at all?

Ah, I'd all but forgotten about this topic. I still think some kind of mystery egg would be a cool idea. It doesn't make sense that it has a higher chance of being rare, though.

...and then you click the "mystery egg" and gets a caveblocker that you have to wait for hours before toss to the ap. No, thank you. smile.gif

I know it's complicated, but you can right click, copy link address, paste it in a new tab and replace 'get' with 'view'. If you really want to.

I know it's complicated, but you can right click, copy link address, paste it in a new tab and replace 'get' with 'view'. If you really want to.

I think that would defeat the purpose of this suggestion if we could do that for these "actual" mystery eggs. =o

But that's part of the game of a "mystery/random egg." It's a luck-of-the-draw, a risk. Your reaction is like playing the lottery, and getting mad you didn't win. The chances are always stacked against you. The random egg will mostly likely be a common egg in what ever biome it exist, but the thing is you don't know that for sure and neither does anyone else.

Normally, rares gets snapped up as soon as they get spotted, because everyone has memorized what "rare" descriptions are. But with a mystery egg, a rare could sit for hours, waiting to be picked up because no one wanted to take the risk. And then you take the plunge and pick up that egg. Guess what? You've got yourself a CB Gold.

Though most of time, it will probably be a Mint or an Albino, or a Waterhorse, but you don't know, and that's part of the fun.

Of course, you could just opt out and not click the egg. None can make you do it and no one should fault you for not doing so.

---

I still say that mystery/random 4th egg should not have any altered ratios. Though, I think I can roll with the idea that because it's the lottery egg, it gets a reduced cooldown, to sort of offset the risk of picking up a random egg. Maybe it should be 2.5-3 hours instead of 5 hours. (At least I think the normal release is 5 hours.) Would that be difficult to code?

As for release, what would be the problem of the mystery egg containing holiday eggs or newly released eggs? Would it because you might pick up something that you weren't intending to during release rush hour (or rather rush week)?

I like this idea but I don't think it should have a shorter cool-down. It's a risk a player makes & if they don't want to take a risk on that egg they can just avoid it. Anyway, anything that adds more cb eggs to the AP is a plus for me laugh.gif one possibility is that special event eggs are excluded from the mystery eggs and either mystery eggs are done away with totally during holidays, or they continue to cycle the normal eggs which gives people who really want a Christmas cb mint or whatever a chance at them.

Some mystery in the cave would be fun. biggrin.gif I like the idea of having the cooldown shortened but even without that... It would be like being back in the cave again that first time, as a fresh new player who doesn't know any of the descriptions and what is valuable or not. It's all down to chance. biggrin.gif

Oh I like this idea! Sure it could clog the AP, but its usually clogged anyways so it's not much of a big deal. Though we have to be careful on the chances of rare/uncommon, because at least we know what we are doing we are catching a common, but when it comes to a mysterious egg like this... I imagine a lot of people might be frustrated if it had been a cave blocker.

I'm not much in favor of this idea, as it probably wouldn't accomplish much - but I don't see any harm in it, either. People who don't want to play the lottery just don't need to click on the mystery egg.

Definitely support. This could be a lot of fun. cool.gif

I really like this idea and I'd definitely use the feature if it was ever implemented.

I'm not sure if it'd be possible to do this (or if anyone would even want it), but I think it would be cool to have the egg unidentified until it hatches. That way, it'd be less likely thrown into the AP. Even if it was tossed, hatchlings usually get picked up quite fast anyways so I think it'd be neat to have it function this way if possible. Of course, there'd need to be an explanation why the egg cannot be identified until hatching. Perhaps it being covered in something? Just a thought, though.

This might have already been suggested in this thread, I don't know. I don't have the time to check through the pages, so if this has been suggested already just ignore me ^^;

Edited by XDragon52

I really like this idea and I'd definitely use the feature if it was ever implemented.

I'm not sure if it'd be possible to do this (or if anyone would even want it), but I think it would be cool to have the egg unidentified until it hatches. That way, it'd be less likely thrown into the AP. Even if it was tossed, hatchlings usually get picked up quite fast anyways so I think it'd be neat to have it function this way if possible. Of course, there'd need to be an explanation why the egg cannot be identified until hatching. Perhaps it being covered in something? Just a thought, though.

This might have already been suggested in this thread, I don't know. I don't have the time to check through the pages, so if this has been suggested already just ignore me ^^;

I think that's a *tad* too much to ask of the userbase.

Clicking on a random mystery egg that you can't abandon for 5 hours is one thing. But letting a mystery egg take up a precious spot on your scroll for *3 DAYS* while having absolutely no clue if it's a breed you'll want at all... I really can't see many people going for that.

I suppose that's true. I just don't see the point in this otherwise if most people are going to abandon the commons they'll most likely get anyways. Sure, some people might keep the egg, but I can't see most people happy to get a caveblocker and keep it. At least when it's a hatchling, it's usually worth raising at that point no matter what it is.

But yeah, you've got a good point. It'd be inconvenient to have something you don't know what it is sitting for a long time on your scroll taking up room.

Edited by XDragon52

I have to admit that my normal "cave hunting" technique is to continually refresh while middle-clicking the right-hand egg. Then I get several eggs, which I can then abandon if I don't like them. I have caught one gold, one silver, and one copper using this method.

That is, I am essentially using this suggested new feature without the feature having been introduced. So it might not be necessary…

I really don't like this idea. In dragoncave, our objective is to get the dragons that we want, not the ones that we don't like. People may just abandon, or worse, kill the eggs if they don't take a liking to them...I really don't stand by this idea, I'm sorry. I also don't think it's very fair that the work you put into memorizing egg descriptions resulting in a unwanted common, only to see that someone who has put in no effort in playing dragoncave to get the gold you've been waiting forever for.

Best Wishes on the topic, may it turn either this way or another,

memorytreedragons

I really don't like this idea. In dragoncave, our objective is to get the dragons that we want, not the ones that we don't like. People may just abandon, or worse, kill the eggs if they don't take a liking to them...I really don't stand by this idea, I'm sorry. I also don't think it's very fair that the work you put into memorizing egg descriptions resulting in a unwanted common, only to see that someone who has put in no effort in playing dragoncave to get the gold you've been waiting forever for.

Best Wishes on the topic, may it turn either this way or another,

memorytreedragons

You don't have to grab one if you don't want to, so...

I love this! I miss the old thrill I got as a newbie wondering what would pop out of my little egg. There's just not much left to chance anymore here, especially for us seasoned users.

I support this! I've caught pretty much everything there is to be had from the cave so far and I'd like a little mystery to my hunting when I get bored.

I prefer the "foggy biome" idea to this, just because I like the idea of a whole biome of mystery eggs that players can navigate to if they want, instead of having one hanging out at the bottom of every biome page whether the player was interested or not. The concept, though, I fully support. :3