TheGrox

Random Egg/Mystery Egg

I'm pretty sure what the cave does is generate x number of eggs and puts them in their respective biomes, so yes, there is a "backlog" of eggs waiting to come out. The term used doesn't matter.

Edited by Pokemonfan13

I think we were talking about eggs in the backlog/queue thing here, not eggs already showing in the biome.

Wuat I meant was starting from the /visibly/ leftmost egg, and proceed into the backlog/queue/whathaveyou until you're egglocked.

It would be better to start from the rightmost egg if you're going to be taking any visible eggs. What you describe you're guaranteed 3 blockers [unless someone takes one right as you're using the tool], which would make the tool near useless to new players who only have four or five slots. Guarantee one blocker and have high chances of blockers with the rest and you're still risking a lot.

The only problem that I see with this is that, with the current way that the link for picking up an egg shows, you can check to see what it is before you pick it up if they're not going fast. I occasionally check the "glowing stone" eggs to see if they're moonstones or sunstones before I grab, because they don't get picked up quickly anyway. xd.png

It would be better to start from the rightmost egg if you're going to be taking any visible eggs. What you describe you're guaranteed 3 blockers [unless someone takes one right as you're using the tool], which would make the tool near useless to new players who only have four or five slots. Guarantee one blocker and have high chances of blockers with the rest and you're still risking a lot.

On this tangent, people could grab up and eat the rares in the backlog/queue. I want to prevent as much of "omggreedygrubbymittsonyaymainehahaha" as I can. Espescially with this influx of rares that I've seen pop up recently. Maybe there could be a drawback like making the cooldown 10 hours instead of 5? I don't know. :|

Huh. This is actually a cool idea. I'd like to have this in-cave!

(I kind of wish that it would be an equal chance to get any dragon with this. I mean, there's a ton of dragon species, so it'll be a one-in-something chance to get a CB rare, so, does it really matter? It probably does, but I'm a bit greedy to get a CB metallic. xd.png)

I like some fun in DC. Especially when there's a chance to get some nice rares.

I'd lurve if this was implemented

*shrugs and sighs* Guess I'm in the minority here. Don't really care for this idea. Not *against* it, just don't see it actually being "fun" or whatever.

A couple pages of this thread, and most people posting seem to like the idea. But overall, out of *ALL* DC users, how many would *actually* click a completely random egg when it could be anything at all? And since it's from the cave, they'd be stuck with it for 5 hours. How many people are *really* going to go "okay, this could be ANY breed at ALL, even one of the twelve breeds I don't want on my scroll, but I'm going to click it anyways and take that chance because there's a TINY ITTY BITTY chance that it might be something I actually want"?

With ratios, this "random egg" with no description is much, much more likely to simply be a blocker, a super-common. How many players are going to risk taking up an egg slot for 5 hours with an egg when they have no idea what it will be?

*shrugs* I just don't see this being fun for the majority of users. Or they simply wouldn't click on it, ever. I know I wouldn't.

And in an RP-sense, what is it that's keeping us from "seeing" what this specific egg looks like, when we can see all the others in that biome?

There once was a thread with this suggestion. Maybe Sock has noted it down?

Well, at least I'm not the only one who remembers a suggestion like this. Only one I've been able to find is grab next [x] eggs, though. o_O

~

I have to agree with Marie that this isn't something I'd use myself. I suppose I don't see the harm in adding it if people are going to use it.

I'd support but only if it lowers the drop rates on albino, mint, and pebble. There's a reason for this.

The random eggs can be anything weighted by biome. Albino, mint and pebble are all very common and are in almost every single biome. As those are all really common egg drops you're likely to get from a random egg in any biome, it makes sense to have random eggs replace those.

Maybe 50% of albino, mint and pebbles could be replaced by randoms instead? I don't think it would hurt many feelings!

I agree with Marie as well. It isn't anything I'd use.

This is great idea for those of us with worse Internet, so that we can get a chance!

I support this thread.

... Okay, so queue, backlog, whatever you'd like to call it. The queue of eggs that would enter the biome, once one of the eggs already there has been removed.

Thank you so much for finding one word in my post which can be interpreted as being slightly incorrect and pointing it out, it has been very helpful. I shall remember to make my posts perfectly clear for you in the future.

No - the point was that you'd be getting the NEXT in the queue rather than left-overs, if you see what I mean. Or not. Most of what is in the AP is - let's face it - stuff that its owner threw out because they didn't want it and neither do you (generic). Sure there's a few things that people put there to be nice, but increasingly that happens in glomping and trading threads. At least in the biomes, what is there is CB. It can often be pressed into service for something. The dragons I like least are ones that others are collecting for armies, so I can give them the CBs. The backlog of misbreds (I don't just mean inbreds; I mean people who aimed for a red dorsal and got a purple and so on) and mass-breedings etc is something else entirely.

This idea would, though, potentially make things harder for those who are trying so hard to get a rare... There's one in the queue ? well, let's snag the whole queue and then dump all the things that AREN'T metallic...

Maybe if you click on that random egg you have to take all the three then showing... or as many as your scroll can accommodate. Even if the other two ARE whiptails or albinos. xd.png

Edited by fuzzbucket

Maybe just have a fourth egg space that always [when eggs are there] has one of these 'random' eggs in it? It would take a random egg from the backlog when you choose that egg. It would vanish when there were only 3 eggs left in that biome, since there isn't any backlog to take an egg from.

Should it have a chance of taking one of the 3 visible eggs, or just out of the invisible ones?

I do really like this idea, but I think the main problem is that people wouldn't pick up the blockers anymore to see what's underneath, they'd go for the mystery egg since at least there's a chance it'll be nicer than the blockers you don't want. Or at least that's what I'd do. tongue.gif

I'd really love this to be implemented somehow though. I'd definitely use it. A lot. tongue.gif My internet is so slow these days that it's the best chance I'd have of actually getting something nice. laugh.gif

I like this idea very much.

This is about luck and suprises....which I like both biggrin.gif

But maybe there should not be all breeds in it, I am afraid a lot of people will through the unwanted in AP and the cave will be blocked (which I really find annoying)

I like the idea of a 'random' egg but I strongly dislike the idea of it having it's own slot (exactly because the other slots would then fill with blocker eggs, which would then never get taken).

It would be cool if instead of 3 eggs in each cave, there were 4, but the 4th one didn't show a description because "it is too dark in the cave to see what the egg looks like" (the 4th egg would be farther back into the cave). To make it worth stealing, it would be more likely to be a rare dragon than the other eggs.

user posted image

Edited by 12Me21

This actually sounds kind of awesome!

I don't think they should be more rare, though, just a total mystery.

There would be difficulties caused by making that egg a rare. For one thing, it would mean that the rest of the eggs dropping would be less likely to be rare.

I kind of like the idea of a lottery egg, except I agree with Eef in that it shouldn't be more likely rare.

- I had a thought that maybe you could have an equal chance of getting any egg in the biome in that spot, but then, I realized that such a move would still up the chance of getting rares, so, maybe not...

- I would still like an egg like that, just for the chance of leaving it to luck at what kind of egg you get.

- I think it should have a different description though. Maybe like-

"You can't tell what egg this is."

Or it could have a separate line of text all together, such as-

"You also spot an egg hidden in the [brush, leaves, ground, lava rocks, shallows of water, sand dunes, depending on the biome] that you can't make out very well. Will you pick it up?"

Then you see a "?" egg with no description to pick up.

- This seems like a more permanent version of that April Fool's prank thread that was floating around...

Edit: Formatting and typos

Edited by Shokomon

...and then you click the "mystery egg" and gets a caveblocker that you have to wait for hours before toss to the ap. No, thank you. smile.gif