TheGrox

Random Egg/Mystery Egg

I don't like the idea of a new biome, it'll just make things more confusing. You'd get eggs that wouldn't be in a foggy area in the fog.

That's an interessting thought.

But wouldn't most of the eggs that were common end up filling the AP?

Nonetheless i would try -just for the thrills... laugh.gif

I once thought how all the eggs could have the same/ or none description as an aprilfool fun event... xd.png

Don't give TJ any ideas!

I'm not sure if a generic description would help, but maybe we could do a test run? Dunno. I'd probably not take it, or take it and bite it.

Don't give TJ any ideas!

I'm not sure if a generic description would help, but maybe we could do a test run? Dunno. I'd probably not take it, or take it and bite it.

Liking the test run as part of the Festival of Eggs event. smile.gif

I once thought how all the eggs could have the same/ or none description as an aprilfool fun event... xd.png

The thing is, while it'll be a "mystery" you could always copy the link location and then change the /get/ to /view/

Don't give TJ any ideas!

Test runs are a great chance to check out a new idea and see if it is interesting enough to be worth implementing. I'd be all for that.

The thing is, while it'll be a "mystery" you could always copy the link location and then change the /get/ to /view/

By then though, the egg might be gone.

I don't think I'd click on it. I am usually well busy with stuff and wouldn't want to waste the five hours till I could dump it. If it weren't a rare - I could find what I actually wanted in the usual way !

I have enough trouble worrying about what will happen if I ever get on to the Thuwed list, when I will have to remember to leave a slot free....

Hmmm, I do like this idea, it's interesting. I do foresee a lot of whining from people who pick up blockers and then have to deal with the egg, but I like it. It gives more of a chance to the people who aren't necessarily good at catching rares but who are willing to give the mystery egg a shot, and I appreciate anything that's fair to the slower catchers. biggrin.gif

Maybe just have a fourth egg space that always [when eggs are there] has one of these 'random' eggs in it? It would take a random egg from the backlog when you choose that egg. It would vanish when there were only 3 eggs left in that biome, since there isn't any backlog to take an egg from.

Should it have a chance of taking one of the 3 visible eggs, or just out of the invisible ones?

Edited by Pokemonfan13

I think this sounds like it could be kind of fun! I've had to learn to deal with the five-hour thing with spazz-clicking during this alleged metal rain, so that's no longer an issue for me. And, yes, the AP will ALWAYS be stuffed to the rafters with Dorsals and Fogs, Pebbles and Albinos and Mints.

Maybe just have a fourth egg space that always [when eggs are there] has one of these 'random' eggs in it? It would take a random egg from the backlog when you choose that egg. It would vanish when there were only 3 eggs left in that biome, since there isn't any backlog to take an egg from.

Should it have a chance of taking one of the 3 visible eggs, or just out of the invisible ones?

I like this idea the best. Who knows, maybe it'll even clear out the biomes faster then now.

Maybe just have a fourth egg space that always [when eggs are there] has one of these 'random' eggs in it?  It would take a random egg from the backlog when you choose that egg.  It would vanish when there were only 3 eggs left in that biome, since there isn't any backlog to take an egg from.

Backlogs, definitely. I really like this idea as well. smile.gif

Edited by gistofeverything

I really like this idea!

I'm not a big cave-hunter by any means. I have a slow internet-connection and low patience when it come to sitting around looking at tree albinos sitting around in the alpine biome waiting to get snatched for ages xd.png

Though, if you think about it, then no one would ever pick up the first three eggs (if they were blockers).

Maybe the eggs could be in a constant rotation (each egg not sitting for more than one refresh)?

Hmmm, I do like this idea, it's interesting. I do foresee a lot of whining from people who pick up blockers and then have to deal with the egg, but I like it. It gives more of a chance to the people who aren't necessarily good at catching rares but who are willing to give the mystery egg a shot, and I appreciate anything that's fair to the slower catchers. biggrin.gif

I understand that it would be more frequent, but people misclick the way it is and have to deal with caveblockers all the same. I don't think it'll be so different from how things are now. I agree with the general opinion, it sounds like so much fun. Especially on April Fool's Day (sorry for mentioning it again, Olympe).

I support this. I have been playing for years and have barely even seen any metals, nevermind catching any- this would give everyone a fighting chance because there would always be people who wouldn't want those eggs and I'm quite fine with whatever I get (I often pick a biome and load up on whatever eggs are dropping there rather than trying to hunt for something spectacular, I don't have the time or skill for that haha) but I'd love taking a chance on a blind egg.

I would think it would make sense to have them drop randomly throughout the day- limiting it to a specific timeframe doesn't make much sense, and they could easily pop up with normal drops at the hourlies and everywhere between which would allow for a good variety of different people to get them even if they can only hop on for a few minutes before bed/work/school/whathaveyou. Making blind eggs rare in and of themselves seems to defeat the purpose that they are trying to serve, so perhaps a frequency closer to that of the non-blockers-but-non-rares in each biome? If it can potentially be anything within the existing ratios, that would not create a surplus of rares but they would still be fairly common sights in the cave.

There WAS a "take the next" egg suggestion made one before- either taking one or up to as many as are in the queue or as many as you can hold that would be next to pop. I like this idea as well.

Out of all the similar suggestions I've seen, I like this one the best. Especially the pulling from the backlog bit. Definitely support!

Though, if you think about it, then no one would ever pick up the first three eggs (if they were blockers).

Maybe the eggs could be in a constant rotation (each egg not sitting for more than one refresh)?

Nobody would pick up the blockers and the backlog would get gleaned of all the nice things, with only blockers left. Trust me, it would cause a major mess.

There WAS a "take the next" egg suggestion made one before- either taking one or up to as many as are in the queue or as many as you can hold that would be next to pop. I like this idea as well.

Yeah, I remember that, too, I thought it was pretty great. smile.gif I'd prefer that one (I think it was "take the right-most egg, plus a few"; correct me if I'm wrong, please!) over a single egg out of the invisible queue.

What about a "fill your scroll" option? Click a button and it'll grab, say, 4-7 eggs starting from the leftmost?

What about a "fill your scroll" option? Click a button and it'll grab, say, 4-7 eggs starting from the leftmost?

You can do that with snaplinks if you REALLY want to.

You can do that with snaplinks if you REALLY want to.

I think we were talking about eggs in the backlog/queue thing here, not eggs already showing in the biome.

Edited by TheGrox

I think we were talking about eggs in the backlog/queue thing here, not eggs already showing in the biome.

In the biome there is no backlog as such - but OK.

In the biome there is no backlog as such

... Okay, so queue, backlog, whatever you'd like to call it. The queue of eggs that would enter the biome, once one of the eggs already there has been removed.

Thank you so much for finding one word in my post which can be interpreted as being slightly incorrect and pointing it out, it has been very helpful. I shall remember to make my posts perfectly clear for you in the future.