DarkEternity

The prize dragon egg descriptions

Even though they don't appear in cave, would it be possible to make prize egg descriptions something other than 'This egg is very reflective, almost metallic-looking'?

Because the description is now shared by golds, tinsels and shimmers; that's seven different dragons. With tinsels I realise they don't have breed descriptions, but the shimmers do have a breed description and I think that maybe another egg description would be more unique and fitting towards these lovely species. :'(

Edited by DarkEternity

I don't think this is necessary, as long as only the (metallic) gold eggs drop in the cave. In every other case, you can actually see the egg and tell which species it belongs to.

I do find the repetitive egg descriptions rather lazy-like. It's almost like someone is saying, meh, it's just an egg, what do I care?

I too would like more individual egg descriptions.

Does no-one but me remember the single cave days and the "This egg has strange markings on it. " And how you ALWAYS seemed to get an ochredrake, and their breeding was limited to ochredrakes... and you NEEDED a horse... (and one of them was a FRILL and *sobs*)

I think it all kind of adds excitement. Take a chance, if the others ever show up CB.They are all rare !

Does no-one but me remember the single cave days and the "This egg has strange markings on it. " And how you ALWAYS seemed to get an ochredrake, and their breeding was limited to ochredrakes... and you NEEDED a horse... (and one of them was a FRILL and *sobs*)

Oh gods yes. That is why I have so many Frills and Skywings on my scroll now.

On topic: I would actually like to see this changed, for Tinsels and Shimmers alike, but think it's up to their spriters to decide.

In Breed Sort, the Shimmers are sorted as Prize, just behind the Tinsels. I think it's the breed designation that determines the egg description. I think TJ wants all Prize dragon to share the same egg description, therefore it's not really up to Mysfytt.

Well, it may not be completely up to her, but I for one would like to see if she would like a different description. They are her sprites, after all.

To be honest, I'm fine with the current description - the eggs are metallic looking... But if they were to be dropped in the cave, as suggested in another thread (which I am against), then the description would be a problem.

Edited by TheGrox

I agree that if the shimmers and tinsels were to start dropping in cave, then yes, a different egg description would be needed. But since I am not for that suggestion, hehe, I have no problem with the egg description for now.

In my opinion it doesn`t matter if they have the same description, as long as they won`t be in the cave as CB`s. And I have the feeling that will never happen.

I agree that if the shimmers and tinsels were to start dropping in cave, then yes, a different egg description would be needed. But since I am not for that suggestion, hehe, I have no problem with the egg description for now.

I don't see a NEED here. I think with rares like all these, taking a chance is FINE. Who DOESN'T want a CB of any of those ?

Hmmm. On the one hand, I think it'd be nice if all eggs had their own unique descriptions. On the other hand, it doesn't really impact anyone because they don't drop in the cave... The only thought I have is that it might be confusing for newbies at first to figure out which is which.

Right now it's no problem. If they ever appear in the cave, then it becomes a big problem.

I think it all kind of adds excitement. Take a chance, if the others ever show up CB.They are all rare !

No, not exactly. But I remember the single cave days and the "This egg has strange markings on it." And how you always seemed to get a frill - and you needed a horse... laugh.gif And, of course, the AP was at least half full of frills, too, and half or more of them were CB.

(And I still encounter the days where I'm looking for a CB moonstone - and "find" a sunstone instead. Not to mention the problem that I still mistake embers for magmas every single time I see the egg description...)

Edited by olympe

Right now it's no problem. If they ever appear in the cave, then it becomes a big problem.

Agreed.

I don't see a NEED here. I think with rares like all these, taking a chance is FINE. Who DOESN'T want a CB of any of those ?

*raises hand* I might want one or two cb tinsels, but mostly I'd just want a cb gold. x3

I'm not actually in favor of releasing them in the cave, but let's just picture this scenario:

-hunting in the cave. Spot the words 'reflective' and 'metallic'.

-POUNCE!

-didIgetitdidIgetit? Yes!

-oh. It's only a bronze tinsel. TOSS

NOT!

Even if you don't personally want a cb bronze tinsel, their trade-ability is going to be up there with cb golds and silvers. So, I don't see anyone being all that disappointed if they get one instead of a cb gold.

*raises hand* I might want one or two cb tinsels, but mostly I'd just want a cb gold. x3

I'm with Sock here. If they are ever released in-cave, I would REALLY like a different description.

Do they even need a description? I know that Tinsel eggs have one, but not their adults.

Maybe if they stay special, they would not get an egg description?

Agreed. I like to know what I'm getting, no matter what level of rarity it is. All the Trios are at the same level of rarity, but if they were all cluttered in one biome and shared the same egg description, and you were really looking for that one CB Ice you needed to complete a project, then you'd still be rather annoyed if you caught a CB Magma or Thunder instead, equal rarity or not, no? Yes, you COULD likely trade it for the other thing, but that's more work and frustration then I'd prefer to have to deal with. I'd much prefer to just immediately know what I was getting beforehand.

It doesn't need to be a BIG change (although I'd prefer if it was...), but at the very least I would much appreciate a little change.

Golds: This egg is very reflective, almost metallic-looking.

Tinsels: This bronze/silver/gold egg is very reflective, almost metallic-looking.

Shimmers: This bronze/silver/gold egg is very reflective, almost pearlescent-looking.

Pearlescent looking? Why not "reminding you of a pearl" instead?

Pearlescent looking? Why not "reminding you of a pearl" instead?

To stay more in line with the current descriptions, if subtle changes are all that people want. As I said, though, I'd prefer a more drastic change, more like

Tinsels: Looking at this bronze/silver/gold egg makes you feel victorious.

Shimmers: This beautiful bronze/silver/gold egg reminds you of a pearl.

It did originally have its own description, but TJ used the current one instead for some reason.

Quoting myself because no one seems to have seen this. Regarding the Shimmers

Basically, it already has its own description, so it doesn't need a new one made for it. The egg just needs to have the right description switched in.

Edited by ParticleSoup