Starbit

Small improvements to Alternate Custom Sort

I use Alternate Custom Sort (henceforth abbreviated to ACS) for my dragons and I've noticed some issues I have with it (beyond how sluggish it is to move large numbers of dragons)

I name all my dragons as soon as they gender. It's very difficult to organise hatchies by time left when there are many of the same breed and I can't see their codes (as fansites only show codes). I suggest then that either below their name, or on mouseover/hover, that their codes are displayed.

In a similar vein, if you don't have a good memory or particularly gender specific names it can get quite confusing determining the gender of a dragon on ACS if the breed isn't dimorphic. I suggest then that either along with the code on mouseover, or below/beside their name, the gender symbol is displayed. No symbol would be displayed for genderless dragons, obviously.

I don't use other sorts so I don't know if these ideas would be beneficial there.

I use Alternate Custom Sort (henceforth abbreviated to ACS) for my dragons and I've noticed some issues I have with it (beyond how sluggish it is to move large numbers of dragons)

I name all my dragons as soon as they gender. It's very difficult to organise hatchies by time left when there are many of the same breed and I can't see their codes (as fansites only show codes). I suggest then that either below their name, or on mouseover/hover, that their codes are displayed.

In a similar vein, if you don't have a good memory or particularly gender specific names it can get quite confusing determining the gender of a dragon on ACS if the breed isn't dimorphic. I suggest then that either along with the code on mouseover, or below/beside their name, the gender symbol is displayed. No symbol would be displayed for genderless dragons, obviously.

I don't use other sorts so I don't know if these ideas would be beneficial there.

Sometimes I have a page in ValleySherwood open while I sort and match them to that (I name as soon as they gender, too, except when I have influenced and pretty much know what gender they will be.)

BUT - as they ARE in remaining time order from the minute they hatch, the time left stays in order. So I don't see this as an issue. Not that I am against the idea.

Showing GENDER on ACS would be nice when you are shifting a non-dimorphic to its final home biggrin.gif My magis in particular are driving me nuts as they mostly have not very gender specific names...

Edited by fuzzbucket

I would love ACS to show gender! I try to sort by gender whenever possible, but it isn't always possible. I don't usually use gender-specific names, so that would be awesome.

Edit: I would also like it to show if a hatchling is frozen or not. I freeze often, and will sometimes have frozen and unfrozen hatchies on my scroll. I would like to be able to sort the frozen ones to their proper place without having to double check them constantly.

Edited by platedlizard