Pokemonfan13

ANSWERED:Suggestions to improve the raffle

I just got to ask what's the view/odds of someone winning 1st 2nd 3rd in a real raffle

because my mum did a few years back

I just got to ask what's the view/odds of someone winning 1st 2nd 3rd in a real raffle

because my mum did a few years back

I know someone who had a family member win a Mega Millions lotto. But that's not the point.

The point is: What's the odds of one person winning TWICE? The math for that is: (decimal odds of winning lotto A) * (decimal odds of winning lotto B ) = (decimal odds of winning twice). To get the % chance from decimal chance, you multiply by 100. And we didn't have just one person win twice, we had TWO win twice.

IRL, that would have people asking about cheaters or rigged drawings. ESPECIALLY in a multi-million $$ lottos.

The number of entries is, indeed, much higher, in those RL lottos. So the odds of winning twice (much less two people winning twice) are much, much lower. But there are also far, far, far more such lottoes.

Cheers!

C4.

Edited by cyradis4

*cough*

AW never actually won. Just saying. So if people are to be excluded (something I would object to anyway) - what about people who got their CB through a totally freak occurrence ? How would you exclude people like AW, who got their CBs fair and square in the AP ?

The easiest way would probably be just excluding those who had been marked as winners, so yes, those who manage to catch their prize or trade for one would be able to go for it again.

I'm one of those that feel that winners shouldn't be allowed to win a prize dragon again, at least for x number of years: winning multiple HMs though is fine. They got their 'money maker' already, why do they need another so soon? I would exclude folks like AW from this rule, however, due to the circumstances on how they got their prize.

It's probably just me, but if I won something big like the Megabucks I'd probably won't play the Megabucks again (or any other high cash reward game). After all, I just won millions that will last me for years if not the rest of my life: trying to win more would just make me look greedy. (Disclaimer: not actually calling anyone that won twice greedy or anything. Just how I feel others would think of me)

Now, applying this to DC, if I had won a prize in the past and found myself selected as a prize winner again, I'd give up my prize slot and go HM.

Not that will ever happen...as RNG seems to hate me no matter what game I play....

I'd just like to make a point of saying, as one of two prize winners who have won twice, that I really am disappointed that people think the double winners would abuse the system by asking obscene things for their dragons. I entered the raffle just like you, I had the same chance as all of you. I happen to be very lucky, and I am exceedingly grateful for it.

Another point, ALL of my second gens from my first I gave away completely free of charge. Gifts. Asked nothing in return. The people who received them were the people who were the kindest and most helpful to me in dragon cave before I ever had a prize.

Finally, and stressing this greatly, people with CB Prizes CANNOT POSSIBLY hand out second gens to everyone. It is just not possible nor human to dedicate that much time and effort to hand out many thousands of eggs. It's not fair to ask that of us either.

So, before you get all "you're gonna be asking one hundred billion rares for your dragons' offspring", no. Please don't paint us all with one brush, it really isn't the way we all operate at all.

EDIT: The chance that any given set of people gets a prize has the same chance of occurring as every single prize winner getting a prize again. One in many.

Edited by Rarek

Finally, and stressing this greatly, people with CB Prizes CANNOT POSSIBLY hand out second gens to everyone. It is just not possible nor human to dedicate that much time and effort to hand out many thousands of eggs. It's not fair to ask that of us either.

Exactly!

Which is why I think a larger pool(much, much larger) would be a good thing for people who have not won, and those who have already won.

Exactly!

Which is why I think a larger pool(much, much larger) would be a good thing for people who have not won, and those who have already won.

Gotta say, I still feel like this is the best option overall. I'm happy with the way raffles run, and there will never, ever be a shortage of drama over them, but I don't care for the idea of shutting out former raffle winners out if they qualify otherwise and I think method of qualifying is as fair as it could possibly be. Simply making a much larger pool of prizes - Tins, Shimmers, and HMs - would solve a number of the issues that have come up.

Unfortunately TJ all but shot down the idea of a drastic increase in the amount of winners :/

I'd still like to see Prizes have better breeding ratios, and a much larger HM pool.

What TJ said was the number of prizes relative to the number of entries was acceptable in his opinion. (his opinion really being the only one that counts...) I believe he included HM in "the number of prizes" calculation. Therefore, if having more HM mention prizes meant having less prize dragon prizes, I'd vote against that. I have said I was surprised the number of HM prizes wasn't at least equal to the number of prize dragon prizes. That is still true, but it's better for us, and I think better for the game, to have more prize dragon prizes. If that means less HM then ok.

I agree that it would be great to have them breed better.

I'm also in favor of the graduated multi-clutch idea too, where cb prizes can clutch up to 4 eggs, 2nd gen prizes can clutch up to 3 eggs, 3rd gen prizes can clutch up to 2 eggs, and all else still only clutch one egg. Yes, this could potentially mean I'd have eggs from multi-clutches going to the AP, as I own a small number of 2nd gens and a few 3rd gens. I do understand that there are people who are opposed to the idea. I find the idea of some random person coming upon a very exciting catch from my dragons in the AP to be a fun idea.

To bring up an old idea, what if Prizes had a minimum 50% chance at breeding true every time they bred? There would still be no interests and refusals, it would just affect what breeds were produced when an egg does result.

Just some hypothetical examples:

Black Tea: normally 97% chance to breed one. Bred to Prize would be 50 / 50

Silver: normally 2% chance to breed one. Bred to Prize would be 2 / 98

I'm not sure I see the problem with voting, as long as it isn't known by the voters whose thing they are voting for, so the voting is based purely on the look of the creation.

Maybe I'm missing something?

I'm not sure I see the problem with voting, as long as it isn't known by the voters whose thing they are voting for, so the voting is based purely on the look of the creation.

Maybe I'm missing something?

Because you can still share your link with people, post screencaps and solicit for votes on the forums.

Someone said the number of entries into the Christmas Tree contest was 9,000 trees. If there were 9,000 entries entered the last two raffles, then the odds of two people winning twice are far smaller than getting in any one person getting struck by lightning twice in their life (um. That's assuming everyone survived their first encounter with said lighting. Which doesn't happen either).

Just thought I should point out that people DO in fact survive being struck by lightning. Roy Sullivan has the world record at seven times and surviving all of them.

Roy Sullivan

Big deal, a couple of people won twice, it's a random drawing. and it's not like taking the prizes away from those two individuals is going to make it any more likely for any of us to get them.

Sorry to say that, but I do think it's a big deal and the matter should be investigated and improved if needed, like other people already wrote.

Two previous 1st-3rd place winners won again

+

A married couple won two prizes

I mean...you'd think it's rare for one person to win twice, but there are 2 people - at least. You'd think it's rare for a married couple to win, but it happened.

You'd think it's rare that all these events happen together in one raffle, but it happened.

When I found out about the first person winning twice I was like:

user posted image

Then I was reading around in the forum and found out about the married couple:

user posted image

BUT SURPRISE! There is another person who won twice!

user posted image

Yes, I was disappointed that I didn't win. I am also disappointed because there are people who have been playing DC for a long time and they didn't get to win anything.

I'm not "royally pissed off" like other people - but I can understand them, actually - but hey, it seems strange to me. So much "luck" floating around...

Yesterday I asked a friend jokingly if we should just stop entering the raffle to make sure that the same people win a 3rd time - you know, one person only needs a Gold Shimmer and he/she has a complete CB Shimmer set xd.png - but hey, I am curious what all the "no big deal" people would say if the same people won a third time?

(No need to answer because I'm pretty sure some people like to portray themselves better than they actually are on the internet. Human nature blah blah.)

But only TJ knows what exactly happened so assuming things is a waste of time.

In my opinion everybody should get a new prize dragon sprite every year after finishing a game or something, with "raffle winners" getting their Shimmers and Tinsels.

I'm gonna sprite a cute dragon and it will be handed out to everybody xd.png

Edited by Mondat

@Mondat

(Believe it or not, there's actually MORE things you could add to your statement)

But like I said before, it's also partly a side effect of asking for more winners.

@Mondat

(Believe it or not, there's actually MORE things you could add to your statement)

But like I said before, it's also partly a side effect of asking for more winners.

I can?

I can?

One person wrote it in their sig. Another person wrote it in their profile.

That's all I think I can say on the matter.

(Lucky people ;___;)

Edited by DarkEternity

One person wrote it in their sig. Another person wrote it in their profile.

That's all I think I can say on the matter.

(Lucky people ;___;)

Now I'm curious xd.png

Ok, I'll be explicit.

A past HM winner won a prize this raffle (wish that was me, haha! Though they didn't choose a holly the first time which probably indicates that they are a rebel.)

And a past HM winner's son won.

Edited by DarkEternity

Just thought I should point out that people DO in fact survive being struck by lightning. Roy Sullivan has the world record at seven times and surviving all of them.

Roy Sullivan

His story is fascinating.

-

I just realized the thread jumped forward in time several days. Pages removed due to fevered discussion perhaps ... I was wondering if anyone chose an alt or hybrid CB egg for a prize. I remember someone mentioning she would pick a CB Ultraviolet, I think, if she won. Sounded fun.

His story is fascinating.

-

I just realized the thread jumped forward in time several days. Pages removed due to fevered discussion perhaps ... I was wondering if anyone chose an alt or hybrid CB egg for a prize. I remember someone mentioning she would pick a CB Ultraviolet, I think, if she won. Sounded fun.

Confirmed CB Soulpeace chosen biggrin.gif

Voting? I'd rather take my chances with a fallible computer and random dumb luck, or no luck at all. Maybe presidential elections should be run this way too. LOL

Indeed. Especially for elections, which are rigged by money, these days sad.gif

Trying to get into RNG discussion is going in a direction that is both unnecessary and irrelevant, for a few reasons:

1. A few of the posts I'm reading contain clear falsities that indicate that the poster probably doesn't understand the subject they're trying to talk about.

2. There should never be a case where getting into technical details about the site is necessary to have a fruitful discussion in suggestions. You shouldn't need to care about implementation details, just the high level goal.

3. There haven't even been enough raffle drawings for any sort of statistically-significant conclusions about their randomness. Trying to blame the RNG is barking up the wrong tree.

I think this thread has become more of a "raffle venting thread." Part of that is the vagueness of the core subject--"improve the raffle." There's no direct suggestion there, and unfortunately, there's too many people with too many ideas for the discussion to come to meaningful conclusions. Ideas get suggested and then buried by more suggestions, and then the same idea comes up again from another person. It might be better to instead try a strategy of creating one thread for each concrete suggestion for the raffle, so that discussion can be better followed. Sure, it'll result in a lot of threads, but I think things might end up being much more organized that way.

I'm still suggesting more site skins and couple of new forum skins :3

Current ones work aswell but I'd love seeing couple of lore to pick from ^^

Maybe raffle themed skin? xd.png

Edited by Hisa