Pokemonfan13

ANSWERED:Suggestions to improve the raffle

It has just occurred to me that the prizes from this year haven't even been distributed yet. Given the volume of prizes being dished out, wouldn't it be reasonable to put a stay on suggested 'solutions' until we see how the influx of new CBs impacts the dynamic of bred prizes on site?

My feelings exactly!

My feelings exactly!

I don't know you, but you are clearly a person of incredibly refined taste and attractive, to boot.

*giggles*

I personally think an ash-type Tinsel recolor would look awesome; Whenever people mentioned "coal", I actually thought more of the black-and-specks-of-different-colored-grey type of thing. *shrugs*

I am fully against any Prize Dragon being released into the cave unless it's a complete recolor. I'd rather let them stay *prizes* then ever be able to catch a CB one myself. That's just... not right. They are prizes. Recolors would be awesome though *picturing a pink Shimmer*

I think that for any recolors, the decision about the actual color should be made by the sprite artists themselves - i.e. Marrionetta for the tinsel, and Mysfytt for the shimmer. For me, they are the highest authority on what will look good on their respective dragons. And of course creating one but not the other wouldn't make sense at all.

I would really prefer the consolation / participation prize solution to in-cave release. In this way prizes would remain what they are: prizes for participation. And guess what's the saddest part of the raffle? Clicking the link and getting nothing (at least for me). If you had a lovely consolation egg waiting for you there, this feeling would be gone. In-cave release and prize just don't go very well together, as the prize is not a prize any more.

I would even go further and say that you should "deserve" the consolation prize. And more specifically:

- your fort should be level 25 or higher and

- you should claim your consolation prize within 2 weeks (or whatever the time is for actual winners). People who don't care to come back to DC after the holidays and check if they actually won would get nothing.

In this way, the prize would still feel as prize.

Maybe Black Shimmers + White Tinsels?

Black shimmers look amazing, and shiny black tinsels don't look too bad. (I, uh, experimented a little. I promise I won't put my experiments out for the public to see, though.)

However, what would a shiny red tinsel look like? (Red as in holly dragon red.) It would also look pretty good with the wreath, I think. And at least have a color associated with Christmas. (Or maybe a blue tinsel for Hanukkah?)

Also, I don't know about the spriter and other players' tastes - but I could do with a tinsel without the wreath as a consolation prize. It would kind of make sense to me, actually.

It has just occurred to me that the prizes from this year haven't even been distributed yet. Given the volume of prizes being dished out, wouldn't it be reasonable to put a stay on suggested 'solutions' until we see how the influx of new CBs impacts the dynamic of bred prizes on site?

Ayup. It occurred to me a week ago. wink.gif

Personally, I think most of this discussion is moot until the new prizes have been distributed and grown up.  Tinsel and Shimmer numbers have doubled  - maaaaaaybe wait a couple of weeks and see if that makes a difference, hmmm?

See? tongue.gif

As a person who did not win a prize, I still agree with Lorimmel. A Prize is a prize and it would take away it being special if released in the cave. I think that would be unfair. It also makes zero sense in the logic department - if we even have something like that in a game about dragons where days are years, but certain breeding cycles pretend that a week is a few months wink.gif

I love the idea of a concolidation prize dragon for all participants; I think I could also live with a prize dragon, which is distigushable form the original prizes on first sight, in the cave - however illogical it is. What I do not want to see is an almost indistigushable/identical version in the cave.

If we get one or the other I think it should be for both tinsel and shimmer - just one of them makes little sense.

More of the CB prizes in other colours would certainly make for lovely lineages. On the topic of the scarcity of 2nd gens of the original prizes - lets do what marrionetta said about that - lets wait and see if the doubling by this years prizes will help the situation a bit. smile.gif

As an occasional spriter myself, I'd say please let the artist decide what couler the recolour should be - as the owener of the concept and art it is theri call to decide what is okay for their art and what is not.

It would also be kind of weird having loads of dragons with the same description in cave and I'd expect that over time we'd have a large proportion of g/s/b metallic dragons in cave, which would be... strange?

Coal makes sense as it directly relates to the holiday. But I think one or two people trying to declare a single color unsuitable based on a sprite we haven't even gotten approved or seen is a bit over the top. Stop over-complicating things. K.I.S.S. Keep. It. Simple. Sweetie.

Personally, I think most of this discussion is moot until the new prizes have been distributed and grown up.  Tinsel and Shimmer numbers have doubled  - maaaaaaybe wait a couple of weeks and see if that makes a difference, hmmm?

New CBs won't change a thing because of the ratios. If the ratios say that only 12 gold shimmers can be bred today, it doesn't matter how many new CB shimmers there are because there are far more high-gen gold shimmers being bred. And each of them has the same chance of producing an egg.

I like the idea of a consolation prize, as I agree with Lorimmel. The worst part for me is finding nothing there, but having a little egg there... Even if everyone else got one, I'd be excited and I think that would help remove some of the bad feelings around the raffle. Less bad feelings, less drama. And while the consolation prizes wont be a prize, per say, and the prizes themselves will still be valuable, it might reduce the amount of spam winners get.

Of course, colors should be up to the spriters, though I have to admit black/dark grey sound amazing to me.

TBH, this whole drama bit over these prize dragons would have been avoided if the 'prize' for the original 'contest' were what HMs are now (Shimmers, at least, would have eventually be released into the cave if I remember right). Unfortunately, that ship has sailed long ago, so I don't foresee this changing now.

That said, I am fond of the consolation prize idea, along with multi-clutching (And I would solve the ratio problem by just setting a flat percent chance that is based on how common/rare the breed is LORE WISE, not in-game population). However, I would rather the consolation prize be delivered at the same time as the actual prizes (I say this because a couple of posers implied the consultation prize would be handed out at winner announcement: if that was not your intent, then ignore this part).

I think two raffles a year would be nice. We wouldn't have to wait until next year to have a shot at winning a Prize Dragon. ~Myra

I would like to see a secondary tier of HM prizes that can request non-holiday CBs and without special codes (unless this is not hard work, if its extra work then - I want to reduce that), so that the only thing dropping on the players scroll is a special egg.

And I'd like to see a lot more of them. Because things like CB Hybrids and Alts or non-white Stripes .... there just really aren't enough of the and won't be for quite a few years for them to have any impact on the breeding, lineages, and offspring.

I get the idea that 150 new PRIZE dragon lines is a lot. What about the rest of the stuff though? That number is so small in comparison to the amount of entries. I think there should be another tier of prizes, just something thats much EASIER and faster work than the other prizes.

Its a lower tier, so I think it should have a bit less fanfare. But more of it. I'd love to see some people out there with interesting CBs that might be useful to breeding projects that aren't just Prizes and CB Hollies.

On the one hand, that's quite a nice idea. On the other hand - who'd honestly choose a CB hybrid/alt instead of a frill or gold? Hm?

On the one hand, that's quite a nice idea. On the other hand - who'd honestly choose a CB hybrid/alt instead of a frill or gold? Hm?

I think I would =P I have a CB gold of each gender now, and I wouldn't be able to continue a Frill. So I'd probably choose a Alt black or Soulpeace over those

Plus, I COULD technically then try to trade the CB gold, but as the only things I really want are unattainable with a single CB gold, it's a moot point ^^

Edit to add a missing S

Edited by Sirithiliel

Me? I got Frills. And CB Golds. *shrug*

ETA: The *only* reason I'd ever choose to get more Frills is if it ended up being such a high chance that I could be fairly sure I'd get more in the future. It bugs the hell out of me that I don't have equal numbers of male and female CB Frills, but only getting one more is *not* going to redress the balance...

Edited by Amazon_warrior

I would. If I won a HM more than once I'd choose a holly first and a female alt black. I have CB golds and I have CB frills. I don't need a HM to get more.

I'd want a Holly, first. Then.. I'd probably go for an alt. CB golds.. While I don't have a pair, eventually I'll trade for a male. And frills don't breed true, meaning that for making lineages I don't see much use from them. tongue.gif

It seems right now most people are in favor of having another raffle and having consolation prizes..? I think both are great ideas. smile.gif

Increasing the number of HM would be nice as well, but I'm not sure if that falls in the category of the amount is set.

New CBs won't change a thing because of the ratios. If the ratios say that only 12 gold shimmers can be bred today, it doesn't matter how many new CB shimmers there are because there are far more high-gen gold shimmers being bred. And each of them has the same chance of producing an egg.

Inclined to agree with this. I'm willing to wait to see if the ratios change when the new Prizes are handed out, but if it isn't fairly obvious within a month or so... then yes.

I've been on Shimmer lists that haven't budged for months, not for lack of trying on the part of the owners, but because the Prizes are simply breeding that poorly. That's frustrating for both owner and trader. Even with a new amount of CBs, I doubt we'll see much of an increase in low-gens without some type of ratio change as well.

To bring up the earlier idea; give Prizes a 50% minimum chance to breed a Shiny (and maybeee 100% breeding success as well? That might be over doing it, though). These are just examples, not actual numbers, but to give an idea:

- Shimmer x Silver: Normally a 3% chance to produce a Silver. Breeding results in 97% Shimmers and 3% Silvers.

- Tinsel x Black Tea: Normally a 98% chance to produce a Black Tea. Breeding results in 50% Shimmers and 50% Black Teas.

For some reason I thought there were fifty HM slots last year, but I may be imagining noodle monsters again. That being said, having More variety on dragons awarded would make a large difference to those who would like to request offspring from interesting offspring other than Thuweds and Spriters Alts. Who would take a CB colored stripe vs a CB gold? Everybody. Because even if they don't want it, many people will gladly trade them multiple CB metallics, low Gen prizes or whatever else for it.

I know increasing the HM slots doesn't resolve the issue by itself. Nor does the idea of possibly tiering those slots to give each level a different reduced selecting so that we don't just have a hundred or more additional CB hollies each year.

This way there are more people with more new interesting special CB Dragons and more people with more requesting and breeding potential. This way everyone isn't stuck clamoring for the same "Prize " offspring which is generally often only traded amongst prize winners, really fast going probably couldn't trade for it anyways slots, and those who are upset about it.

Cuz I'll be honest, I would prefer a baby from a CB Soulpeace or any other impossible to get CB than filling my scroll up with yet more tinsels and shimmers. And I know I'm not alone.

I *definitely* would support more HMs, even a less-special HM-tier. I mean personally I'd rather win an uncommon HM then absolutely nothing.

As for the question olympe posted, I don't care about lineages and don't care about CBs, I'm fine with the amount of Frills I have, and I normally gift away any golds/silvers I'm able to breed. So personally, if I won an HM I'd ask for something like a Hellhorse (my dragons do *not* like breeding those!) or an alt-black. I don't have enough alt-blacks, I looooove those.

Basically, it's looking to me like people in general would support simply getting *something* out of the raffle. More HMs, consolation prizes, etc. I like that, 'cause a suggestion of this kind to "improve the raffle" is a LOT more likely to actually happen if it's not based around *only* wanting more "prize dragons".

Edited by Marie19R

why would someone pick a CB gold over a CB alt that you can't get any other way

I would like to see a secondary tier of HM prizes that can request non-holiday CBs and without special codes (unless this is not hard work, if its extra work then - I want to reduce that), so that the only thing dropping on the players scroll is a special egg.

Tbh, no prize tier needs to be this strict just because people who aren't winning want to choose things people who are winning aren't choosing. Nor do I think it's fair to create a new tier with no specialized code. I'd prefer there just be more HM winners. =|