Pokemonfan13

ANSWERED:Suggestions to improve the raffle

Lorimmel summed it up fairly well.

Reading the last couple pages, I honestly don't see "release old prizes into cave" would be a good idea at all. As someone else pointed out, at that point in time there would STILL be a great demand for those dragons, so releasing them as *rares* into the cave wouldn't help the trading issue one bit. It would just be low-gen new-prizes being traded for CB in-cave prizes or something.

(And I *still* just simply don't like this suggestion because prize-dragons are PRIZES and should not, ever, be available in biomes. They are already available to everyone via trading, isn't that enough?)

Still LOVE the coal version as a participation prize.

I'd definitely support better breeding chances, even multi-clutches for a certain amount of time, anything to "spread the love" some more.

I LOVE the idea of coal version as raffle participation prize.

I support any idea that will make prizes breed better.

I support more raffles, and prizes as HMs.

I'm not opposed to coal version (or any other recolor) dropping in the cave, although it's totally illogical. It's not a new cb metal, it's a prize dragon. A prize is a prize for something, even if it's not winning but participation. They should be available to raffle participants, not anyone who happens to click them in the cave.

Gold, silver and bronze tinsels / shimmers (with some tiny detail changed, or even only name font changed, like some people want it) is way too much. As prizes, they are not supposed to drop in the cave.

Still, I understand where it comes from:

http://dragcave.net/makeallmyeggsgold

Yes, but you did win a faboulus prize. In our suggestion this would be for 3 years. After that other prizes would be relased so the old ones could be finally be a patience prize for everybody.

Let's say that I'm the owner of a cinema. People that spend more of 10 euros into my cinema could win a ticket for a film preview and see it before the other people. This is a prize isn't it? But it will not be a great advantage forever.

I mean the actual winners hadn't done so much more than others to win and deserve a cb ultra required dragon :/

Just in my opinion obviously. Do just a small part of the players should be happy and more rich than everyone else because of a momentary fortune, forever?

Edited by Naruhina_94

a small amount of players IS more rich than the rest. Raffles actually enable MORE people to get as rich, not less. biggrin.gif

Releasing CB tinsels / Shimmers in the cave would be totally unfair to the "old" prize owners. They could have chosen a cb holly or cb hybrid (which will probably remain unique) instead of something that, in two or three years, is reduced to the status of cb silver or cb gold. We made our choices on the assumption that our tinsels / shimmers would remain unique. With other rules, we would have made other choices.

If cb tinsels / cb shimmer were ever to appear in the cave like cb metals, they would have to be recolors. Clearly visible recolors, not some minor detail changed like wreath or no wreath, or the font used for names. Anything else is very unfair. And it's not the way YOU would like to be treated if YOU won a few years back. Would you take a cb gold instead of a cb holly? I really doubt it.

That's kinda what I meant. ^^;;

In any case, rule by CB tinsels/CB shimmers would merely be replaced by rule by CB Alts/CB hollies. Dx

Edited by DarkEternity

Yes, but you did win a faboulus prize. In our suggestion this would be for 3 years. After that other prizes would be relased so the old ones could be finally be a patience prize for everybody.

Let's say that I'm the owner of a cinema. People that spend more of 10 euros into my cinema could win a ticket for a film preview and see it before the other people. This is a prize isn't it? But it will not be a great advantage forever.

I mean the actual winners hadn't done so much more than others to win and deserve a cb ultra required dragon :/

Just in my opinion obviously. Do just a small part of the players should be happy and more rich than everyone else because of a momentary fortune, forever?

The raffles have been done several times already. If you asked me back in December 2010 if this is a good idea, I would be neutral on that. Now the "harm" is done - I put it in quotes because I personally don't see it as harm but rather a complex phenomenon, with many advantages and disadvantages involved. But what is done cannot be undone, unless you want a really nasty revolution in the game. I also don't get the "forever" part - your chance of winning a prize is as good as everybody else's, and the increase of prize numbers is being discussed.

And yes, if somebody wins something, they win it forever - of course they can either invest it wisely, or drink themselves to death and so on, but no one comes to take away their prize and replace it with some silly symbolic badge. At least not in a civilized society. It's just not right, you know? It feels like a big kick in the stomach. Everybody has equal chances in the raffle. Is it really so hard to handle that someone got lucky? I didn't invent the raffle, it's there for everybody as a part of the game, whether we like it or not.

I think what that suggestion meant was to have more breeds of prize dragons released. (Possibly a new one every year or 2? I wasn't clear on that~)

So I'm not sure if it would have as devastating an effect on the economy of the community at large if they went that route, and then older, retired prizes were after 3-4 years released into the cave was super rares or something. That's the gist of what I read in NaruHina's comment.

Which might not be so bad; because nobody really does anything to win other than participate in the event to enter. None of us do anything special. We all have the same, impossibly slim chance of winning, I can grant that no problem.

And with new prize breeds, special things would still be released to keep it fresh.

I do support either recolouring or changing the name font for the retired prizes in such a case though! That seems more than fair.

The raffles have been done several times already. If you asked me back in December 2010 if this is a good idea, I would be neutral on that. Now the "harm" is done - I put it in quotes because I personally don't see it as harm but rather a complex phenomenon, with many advantages and disadvantages involved. But what is done cannot be undone, unless you want a really nasty revolution in the game. I also don't get the "forever" part - your chance of winning a prize is as good as everybody else's, and the increase of prize numbers is being discussed.

And yes, if somebody wins something, they win it forever - of course they can either invest it wisely, or drink themselves to death and so on, but no one comes to take away their prize and replace it with some silly symbolic badge. At least not in a civilized society. It's just not right, you know? It feels like a big kick in the stomach. Everybody has equal chances in the raffle. Is it really so hard to handle that someone got lucky? I didn't invent the raffle, it's there for everybody as a part of the game, whether we like it or not.

I could see this suggestion being reasonable if executed properly. 3-4 years is a long time. Some people will definitely stop playing altogether within that time, and many new people will come in.

And seeing new breeds of prizes would be nice for some variety, too, all other concerns aside.

If the in-cave retired prizes were recoloured and the font of their names made different to deliberately set them apart from their prize counterparts, I really don't see how this would hurt anything.

I won't cry if I never win a raffle. But by the same token, it would be nice to get a caveborn sprite, even if it's recoloured.

I kind of favour the neutral/black idea most of all because it could go with so many breeds. But that's just me. Other people are going to differ.

Anyway, it's a suggestion. And not one of the worst that have been floating around.

Mirjana, back in 2010 we didn't have a raffle, but a contest. Winners were selected by other players, who voted on their christmas trees.

And if it's a clearly visible recolor, I can live with it being illogical. However, if it's something as tiny as a wreath or font (!), which makes the copies hardly distinguishable from the original, It's a definite NO from me.

Edit: And again, for clarity, I think that coal shimmer / tinsel as a participation prize is a lovely idea. Recolors released into the cave after a few years are acceptable idea (as long as they are REALLY different - like Penk from a Silver Tinsel). What I'm against are almost identical prize copies released in the cave.

Edited by lorimmel

The issue with the voting was that people voted down to increase their chances of winning. We also never found out who made the top 200 that TJ picked from. Honestly, some of the winning trees really weren't very good (my opinion). Others were amazing, like Lorimmel's. I believe TJ said the top tree averaged a 6.5 out of 10 due to people downvoting.

~

Like I said before, I really support a coal colored consolation prize. It would be awesome if we could choose between Tinsel or Shimmer, too.

Mirjana, back in 2010 we didn't have a raffle, but a contest. Winners were selected by other players, who voted on their christmas trees.

And if it's a clearly visible recolor, I can live with it being illogical. However, if it's something as tiny as a wreath or font (!), which makes the copies hardly distinguishable from the original, It's a definite NO from me.

Edit: And again, for clarity, I think that coal shimmer / tinsel as a participation prize is a lovely idea. Recolors released into the cave after a few years are acceptable idea (as long as they are REALLY different - like Penk from a Silver Tinsel). What I'm against are almost identical prize copies released in the cave.

I agree. if prize breeds would be retired and to drop in the cave, they should be easily (meaning blatantly) distinguishable from their original counterparts.

The coal-coloured consolation gift is something I am really, really hoping for. The lineages that could be created with them would be stunning.

I didn't know how the contest worked before you explained it, actually. Seems things have changed. Thank you for explaining. biggrin.gif

The issue with the voting was that people voted down to increase their chances of winning. We also never found out who made the top 200 that TJ picked from. Honestly, some of the winning trees really weren't very good (my opinion). Others were amazing, like Lorimmel's. I believe TJ said the top tree averaged a 6.5 out of 10 due to people downvoting.

~

Like I said before, I really support a coal colored consolation prize. It would be awesome if we could choose between Tinsel or Shimmer, too.

This! I personally love the design of the shimmer to pieces and it would be awesome to be able to choose between the two.

Actually, come to think of it, I don't think the Tinsels will look as good in black as the shimmers. Some sprites don't look as good in certain colors as others because of the way they are shaded, and with the Tinsels, I don;t think black would look as good. Still, I fully support a coal shimmer.

That'd be too similar to Silvers. Come to think of it, it'll probably be best not to introduce a consolation Tinsel, since they were originally prizes for a contest--it wouldn't really make sense to introduce one now.

As I said, I don't really want consolation prizes, but I'm definitely against getting a consolation prize for one and not the other.

That'd be too similar to Silvers. Come to think of it, it'll probably be best not to introduce a consolation Tinsel, since they were originally prizes for a contest--it wouldn't really make sense to introduce one now.

And Shimmers were originally the prizes for a raffle / still are. Tinsels have been raffle prizes for everything but the first and third drawings, too. Any consolation prize would be retroactively added, I don't think it matters if it's being added for a raffle or a contest.

Still, I think it makes less sense to give a choice for consolation prizes, since consolation prizes are for those who didn't win. It should be one or the other, IMO.

If I had to choose between a consolation prize (even a black shimmer) and another raffle, I'd choose the raffle. More tries = more fun.

Still, I think it makes less sense to give a choice for consolation prizes, since consolation prizes are for those who didn't win. It should be one or the other, IMO.

Have whichever one you get selected randomly, when you click the link to claim the participation prize.

THen, if someone wants the other species more, they can swap with someone. tongue.gif

Cheers!

C4.

It has just occurred to me that the prizes from this year haven't even been distributed yet. Given the volume of prizes being dished out, wouldn't it be reasonable to put a stay on suggested 'solutions' until we see how the influx of new CBs impacts the dynamic of bred prizes on site?

It has just occurred to me that the prizes from this year haven't even been distributed yet.  Given the volume of prizes being dished out, wouldn't it be reasonable to put a stay on suggested 'solutions' until we see how the influx of new CBs impacts the dynamic of bred prizes on site?

2nd gen prize lists have already been made and filled up though

Edit: Nvm then, perhaps it's my cold talking but if we don't know how scare 2nd gen prizes are going to be then we might as well wait instead of inferring from the several years before.

Edited by Sarah864

2nd gen prize lists have already been made and filled up though

I would imagine not all of them. Not everyone is coming out public with their prizes. And that being said, list lengths are not standardized among prize owners. Some will be completed and open again sooner than others.

Have whichever one you get selected randomly, when you click the link to claim the participation prize.

THen, if someone wants the other species more, they can swap with someone. tongue.gif

Cheers!

C4.

This is a great compromise. biggrin.gif

One of us that has come out isn't making a list, as I'd like to see what kind of breeder mine is going to be, and I'm *very* uncomfortable making promises I may not be able to keep.

And Shimmers were originally the prizes for a raffle / still are. Tinsels have been raffle prizes for everything but the first and third drawings, too. Any consolation prize would be retroactively added, I don't think it matters if it's being added for a raffle or a contest.

Yes, it would be odd to have one distributed and not the other.

If black is not a good colour for the tinsel, maybe a darker grey? That would be able to make it differ from the silvers dragons and prize silver tinsels readily enough.