Pokemonfan13

ANSWERED:Suggestions to improve the raffle

I don't mind any of the option but 3 is my favorite if I had to choose. A combination would be more better. 1+3+5.

That's my personal feeling too, one and three and five would be great together.

Yes to 1 and/or 2,

something to get more prizes in circulation, although you'll still have a lot of people left out so there will still be a lot of drams IMO

No to 3, I just don't think it will do much to alleviate the issue of people wanting a part of something exclusive. A lookalike is not the same as the real deal, and I don't think a lot of people will be satisfied with just that, so it won't do much for harassment etc.

Yes to 4.if it's in addition to something else. More as a way to make some people happier than to actually solve the problem.

Multicluthching was done away with because it was deemed not necessary anymore as there were plenty of eggs in the AP without it right?

Holiday multiclutches are to ensure that players have a decent shot at being able to grab eggs that might otherwise be in such short supply that many would never see offspring, kind of like some other limited time release dragons ...namely prize dragons?

Although I am not crazy about about a set period of time where the prizes multiclutch frequently. I can't imagine what that would do to the AP if for a solid month tons of people were camped out hoping for an egg from a prize to fall into their hands. I'd think I'd rather go for something more infrequent but on an ongoing basis. Maybe one of every twenty or thirty breedings for a CB prize dragon might produce a multiclutch, or something along those lines. Just enough that people don't despair that they'll NEVER be able to get a low gen, even if the chances are ridicously low, at least there's hope.

As far as people not liking to not have control over the eggs, well I figure it's kind of like holidays, you don't get a choice there either. Your options would be the same. Don't collect it or collect it and don't breed it. I don't think there would be enough winners that would have an issue with that to make it a real problem.

Maybe to 5

No to 6, increased chances might be okay, but to only produce shimmers seems like it might really mess with things, flooding the trade threads, skewing ratios, I dunno it just seems like it would upset the balance of things too much.

Need a yes no maybe poll for each option....

All these opinions have probably been aired while I was typing but...

#1: Great idea. Okay some people with a CB prize dragon might not like it, but even if there’s twice as many prizes in the next raffle, it’s still a relative few, compared to the amount of players who have a prize dragon. It probably won’t stop whining/harassing PMs to winners, there’s always going to be some rude person, but it will take some of the pressure off them. For the rest of us it’s less time until we can get our grubby mitts on those shinies.

#2: I wouldn’t want another raffle instead of a dragon release, but I don’t see any harm in having a second raffle in the summer.

#3: Who says a dull variant can’t be as pretty as a prize? I’d love it if we could have an in cave release of a more common prize variant but I have to admit it probably wouldn’t solve anything as there’d still be people simmering away because they haven’t got the shiny CB dragon.

If #3 was implemented I think a flood drop for one day, then having it drop as a CB rare would be best. Everyone who was online on drop day can get one, but in the future any player can still get a CB so there's no exclusivity about the non prize version. I also think that if this was implemented there’s no reason prize winners shouldn’t be able to pick some up. Sure, the shiny variant is the prize, but anyone can pick up the in cave rares we have now without limit. Maybe a temporary limit on how many CBs you can pick up while they’re flooding the cave?

#4: I don’t really like this idea, unless it was for a limited time, and with no effect on the future ratios. It wouldn’t be much of a solution if they were to pop out 4 shiny eggs at a time for a month, then nothing for the rest of the year.

#5: Why not? As was mentioned in the first post the gen 2 offspring from some CBs go out of circulation if their owner leaves, or gets banned, or just decides not to breed anymore. Some fresh blood in the prize lines would keep things interesting, and take the pressure off the active players with CB prizes.

#6: As with four, only if it doesn’t negatively impact their future chance of breeding a prize. If it does, it’s not a solution for anyone.

On thinking #6 over a little more, they don't even need to be coded to breed straight prizes, but they should be coded to breed like COMMONS. Right now they must be coded to breed even worse than Metals, because otherwise there is NO WAY the ratios would not be putting out straight prizes every breeding at this point, not when there are so, so few in existence.

If they bred like commons, then not only would they breed pretty much nothing but prizes for a while (letting winners trade easily AND increasing access to the breed for other players), but they'd also be likely to keep breeding well long after that, ensuring the prizes wouldn't drain themselves empty all at once.

I think they should be set to breed like commons for the first half of the year, then they can breed like rares, and then they can go back to commons for another six months after the next batch of CB ones is released.

1: Increase the number of prize dragons given in the raffle.

My favorite. Definitely support this. The chances of winning at present are so miniscule as to make entering not really worth it.

2: Have more than one raffle in a year.

I would like to have more then one raffle a year. The time between Valentines/Halloween is a very long time with nothing much of interest. A raffle would add some excitement.

3: Release a dully colored variant of the prize dragons.

My favorite. I definitely support this idea! Takes the 'too intense' attention off the winners and also the pressure off them in the period straight after they receive their prizes. Also gives the rest something to enjoy and be able to create lineages with, during the long wait for the prize offspring to become accessible to everyone.

4: Make CB prize dragons multiclutch prize eggs.

100% support, also a favorite of mine. Gives more random people a chance to get low gens, that would never usually have that chance. Spreads the new dragons quicker and makes AP hunting a lot of fun and challenging after raffles.

5: Add retired prizes to the list of HM prizes.

100% support. This would really help ensure that retired prizes do not die out.

6: Ensure that newly released prize dragons only produce prize eggs for the first x months, allowing them to spread more quickly.

I think this would help, especially if paired with #4.

Edited by Dubious

I like 1, 5, and 6 the best. Limiting the kin or fails from new prizes help them get spread around faster, and if more of the population had them it would be more fun for everyone.

And adding retired prizes would allow them to not 'die out'

Just adding to what everyone is saying, i guess.

I fully and completely support suggestions 1 and 2. I feel like those would have the best long term effects, especially if combined together. Larger pool of prizes and two raffles a year. but of the two I'd take the suggestion of more prizes over two raffles.

I'm not for or against suggestion #3, the 'dull' version prize given as a consolation prize or a CB released in cave one way or another. I'd prefer better odds of winning the raffle, but wouldn't complain if this was the most popular 'solution.'

I'm not against prizes multi clutching. However, again, I'm much more in favor of greater odds at winning the raffle. I would like this if it was implemented, as multi clutching did not bother me back in the day when it happened, but eh.

I totally agree with adding past prizes as Honorable Mentions.

As to number 6, it's the only suggestion I don't like. To bring something personal into this, I'm into lineages. If I won a prize, and wanted a fail egg to add to a lineage, I'd be super disappointed if I had have to wait x months to try for it. I feel like suggestions are supposed to be convenient for everyone, not just us poor non winners. lol.

No to: 1, 3, 6

Either 2 or 4 and yes to 5.

1: Definitely not. Remember that prize dragons are still going to be exclusive and the ONLY way to obtain second gens will be to contact winners which is ingraining and directly contributing to the 'mountain load of PMs' that the OP quotes.

2: I don't object to this on the basis that the Christmas raffle is when a lot of people are on DC including those who are not necessarily active players.

3: Definitely not. If the purpose is to distribute the CBs of a new species of dragon to people, then it is no different to a normal release. I don't know why this is necessary, but I suppose that if this must be implemented, I will have no qualms attempting to obtain more than 20 'consolation' prizes via trade.

4: Yes, this is my favourite which I have been supporting since 2010. It means that prize dragons are not a forum exclusive. Since AP trading was closed and teleporting was implemented, fewer rares go through the AP. Christmas is also a Holiday celebrating the 'spirit of giving' and what a better way to give than through the creation of more eggs? You see, expanding the number of winners does not automatically mean more people get second gens. Most people who are on one winner list are already on multiple lists - in what way will more winners stop people receiving more PMs when more winners only means more second gen prizes to collect?

If the dragons don't multiclutch, I am sorry to say that the site is merely institutionalising PMing and IOU giving as the only method available to those who wish to gain short gen prizes. I find it really, really sad that users are forced out of their comfort zone to PM winners who might not wish to be PM'd as there is literally no other alternative to getting short gen eggs. The news threads about the harassment that winners receive show that the number of PMs is an ongoing issue. On the flip side of the coin, a lot of people who are naturally shy are being punished by the way the prizes are distributed. It takes a lot of courage to ask somebody for an egg. Do you really imagine that expanding the number of winners will actually benefit anybody except the already extroverted and outgoing individuals who are confident of their trading power?

5: Yes. Considering the amount of time that I expect to continue playing DC, like every player winners may leave and cease playing as time goes on. I don't believe that the number of prize winners should be increased significantly, but at the very least the number of winners should be maintained in proportion to the userbase, to prevent second gens from becoming... I suppose... completely unobtainable/extinct? If the number is maintained proportionally (HM already forms a very small portion of the userbase), the value of the winner's prizes will not be diminished. It is probably better to create a whole new class rather than relegate old prizes just to HMs as naturally one would think that an individual would prefer an old prize to just a regular HM dragon.

6: No, definitely not. For reasons I have stated under 4, winners still have lists which will be unfulfilled for several years. It won't stop people demanding, pining PMing and not getting the prizes. And PMing will still be the only way of getting prizes.

Edited by DarkEternity

Suggestion #7 isn't something I would be against at all. Hmmmm. I actually really like that idea. I especially like it if it was combined with either #1 or #2.

Ooh, wow, I like number 7! This makes it so the cave comes ever closer to the idea that "100% of dragons are accessible to all".

That way, the prizes are still special, because you got them a few years ahead of everyone else, but then other people could have them, too.

Though maybe have them drop in the cave a few months after new prize dragons come into circulation, simply to let the 2nd round of winners be special a little while longer. *shrug*

I think #7 only puts CB's into the hands of the same people that can buy 2nd gens with CB metals now, so wouldn't really solve the problem in any meaningful way.

Unf dat #7 <3

My favorite suggestion of them all, hands-down.

@Tawanda: I assure you CB Metals are much, much, MUCH easier to get then 2nd gen Prizes (as can be seen by how even offers of 3 CB Metals aren't going for 2nd gens in the trade threads right now). Accordingly, CB Prizes being as rare as CB Metals would make them much easier to get... not to mention you get a CB that you can make as many and any darn lineages as you please with, as opposed to right now where you have to pay a small army of CB Metals to get something that 1) you can't name 2) can only choose one mate for and 3) that might be killed on you at any time.

Plus, with more CB Prizes around--and there would be a LOT more, even at CB Metal rarity that's going to be way more per year then the measly lotto amounts--there are going to be many, many more 2nd gens going around as well. <3

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

Have to say I'm also for number 7 O3O the originals will always be remembered, and winners will most likely try to make other lineages with them down the road if they get their hands on a new cb its a win win for everyone.

so as of right now I'm for 1, 5, and 6

#7 is acceptable.

SO I would definately be for 1, 2, 3, 5,6 7

4 no. Multiclutches were removed for a reason. Only holidays multiclutch, and those are the only ones that should. #4 = the removal of personal control from the prize owner. What if they only wish to breed for their own purposes?

When it comes to it, I think the Original prizes will have some level of notoriety. They will be sought after by people who wish to be completionists for obtaining an egg from each of the originals.

Edit; #7 is a very interesting idea, giving about 3 years retirement time before a prize gets to. I understand the prize owners possibly being upset but this, but as I said above, they will maintain value because they were the originals.

Edited by Starscream

In general terms, I hate anything to do with the raffle(s)

Just opening more worm cans.

But I think that #7 might actually reduce some of the pressure, even though it be for a few years down the track.

The rest, meh.

OK, already voted on 1-5, so:

6. I don't like this one.

7. I like this one. The original prizes are still valuable, but they get to be available to the rest of at some point. What's not to like about that?

7:

You won a coin in a lottery which is minted and which you are told is unique. In three years time, a large number of other people get one to - in fact, hundreds of thouands, now the coin is minted all the time. It's time to realise that the basic rules of economy mean that the amount of coins going into the system means that each individual coin is worth less if there are more coins around. But wait! There are other limited edition coins which you could have chosen, the HM, CB alts which you are practically guaranteed will never be minted. But unfortunately, you were never told that your unique coin would ever STAY unique and now you can't change your prize to the limited edition coins. People tell you that you should be fortunate that your coin has now multiplied like the plague and it has some 'special' or 'sentimental' value to you. They say that you are fortunate to be able to obtain more of the coins.

Yes, everyone tells you that you should be happy and pleased that everyone can eventually obtain the same unique coin as you! You should be REALLY, REALLY happy!

Now, if you happened to win a unique coin and this happened to you, I'd imagine that you would be really quite irritated rather than pleased. But there we go again, DC is teaching me to lower my expectations of human kind in general... I have nothing to lose with 7 and everything to gain. Of course I want a CB rare, the same rare which only a couple of people could get in the past. Three years is a long time, but it would still be quite inconsiderate and selfish of me to expect prize winners to be ACTUALLY PLEASED that their prize is obtainable by everyone.

It's a no from me.

Edited by DarkEternity

They don't have to love it, but they'll have had 3-4 years to enjoy all its benefits and have exclusive rights to create whatever lineages they desire with it. At that point, I think the rest of us should be able to have our chance, too. We will never benefit from ours half as much as they did, nor will ours ever be half so famous, but at least at long last we can create lineages we wish with them without having what lineages we can and can't make dictated to us by the elite few who won.

I do not begrudge the winners their win. But if they're going to insist on keeping that exclusivity after they've enjoyed the benefits for literal years? Then yes, I do find it rather hard to be sympathetic. It's a bit hard to feel pity about those who have had DC's economy dancing at their fingertips for years suddenly not having that absolute control anymore.

Let prize winners enjoy their prizes for several years--several years, people, that's quite a long time!--but then let the rest of us have a shot at creating our own unique lineages with Tinsels and Shimmers as we wish, too, please.

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

I agree with Angelic. If it wasn't for the fact that it gives them a minimum of three years of exclusivity and specialness and being able to trade the offspring for anything and everything they want I wouldn't have added it. I think three years is more than fair.

And I'm sure the offspring of the originals would still be valuable, even with them dropping in the cave.

Edited by Pokemonfan13

Yes, but there is a difference between telling a person that their prize will be unique for x amount of time and implying that a person's prize will be unique forever. The former is a decision based on knowledge (and I do believe that many of us recommended that the prize winners choose something not normally obtainable) and the former based around a decision made in ignorance.

I also think that for me, I feel that it is totally and morally wrong to disguise my own self interest in gaining a previously exclusive prize dragon as something which will benefit the 'entire' community.

People want a CB prize dragon, they are jealous of the people who have it (I don't care what the reason is. Be it lineage reasons or trading reasons). There is interest in benefiting from the dragon. The end.

I don't like the fact that winners benefit from prize dragons any more than the rest of you, but really...

I want 7 to happen, but I cannot and must not support it.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

about #4- Maybe my memory is faulty but as far as I'm aware the only reason for removing multiclutches was because they weren't necessary anymore, it wasn't because players wanted more control over where their eggs went.

Since we are here discussing ways to increase the odds of getting some version of prizes to the community at large, it seems to me that multiclutching is just one more way to do that very thing.

The whole needing control of every aspect of our dragon scrolls is a different topic IMO.