Moonbeam22

CLOSED

user posted image

Ruscella woke up from the commotion outside. Feeling antsy, she started rocking back and forth, seeming to be floating on something. Feeling that it didn't work, she started bashing herself around. She heard something swishy beating on her egg. The tsunami worked quickly and finally started seeing something bright. She worked hard and finally reached her goal. She hopped out, not feeling afraid. She splashed into a crystally liquid in the middle of the cave. She loved it and started splashing around, creating waves that hit the hatchlings near the pool.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

user posted image

Mifoki ate gratefully as two dragons approached. A dark one and a blue one. She turned to the dark one and greeted her. "Hi. I'm, uh, Mifoki." she said awkwardly. She was overwhelmed at the amount of the hatchlings that were approaching. She yelped as a sudden thud sounded next to her. "Are you okay?" she asked, concerned that her first friend might have gotten hurt. Something large fell from the tall tree that the neo was hanging on. It was a mammal she learned to be a rat. It got killed from the fall. She sniffed the rat, and backed away in distaste.

Edited by Onixthebunny1

"Yeah, I'm okay," Fern replied. "I guess I'm not as good a climber as I first thought."

~~~

Adrisea moved forward to the killed creature, eyes gleaming. The smell of blood triggered her huntress instincts, and she was eager to try the meat. She took a cautious bite and was astounded at how good it was. The warm, soft flesh was extremely satisfying and she couldn't keep herself from eating most of the carcass. Feeling selfish she backed away to let anyone else who wanted some have it. "That was really good!"

Watching as other hatchlings headed out and moved around. Catalyst walked out of the darkish cave and into the forest where most the other baby dragons had gathered. Shifting away from the crowd, the male saw a stream of liguid that had a lighter hue of his scales. Slipping into the cold blue river, his body shook alittle from the temperature. But the tsunami wyvern hatchling soon found the water soothing. Swimming around it, with his small tail splashing. The azure dragon noticed little creatures scattering. Sticking his head beneathe the surface, and follwing the odd neckless beings. Catalyst noticed how they seemed to swim together as if they were one. Pushing his head forward, and startling the fish, the hatchling pulled his head up out of the water. Air refilled his lungs, shaking his head looked at the green things tht stuck out of the water with brown oval objects atop them.

~~~~

Eir heard and saw the others leaving the place that with held their eggs. Finaly feeling strength in her small legs, the female stood. Happiness consumed her as she ran out of the cave. A smile adorning her face. As she reached the grass, Eir lightly jumped on the soft blades whom tickled her lower body. Smiling even more to her self, the female lightly falpped her wings. She watched as leafs of every color she had yet to see lifted and moved away from the dragoness. Closing her eyes and gigling, the ridgewing looked up and noticed hatchlings near each other. Moving her small and fragile body she advanced towards a tallish purple dragon with a small azure mane. Only a few tail lengths away she greeted the group. "Why hello there~." Eir said, a friendly yet calm look adoring her tan face.

Celestis ~ Night Glory Drake

Celestis gave a small nod to Fern, Mifoki, and Edriana. She straightened her posture and arched her neck, trying to look more than a newborn dragonet."I'm Celestis", she answered in a high-pitched squeak. Celestis felt a bit flustered and raised her voice."I have so many questions. Why are we all hatching now? What is the purpose of this? Where are our parents? What do we do now?" Celetis flapped her wings and hopped onto a branch, plucking an orange fruit off its anchor. As she waited for a response she began to peel it in a flurry of orange and claws.

Edited by SpiritWolfe

user posted image

Mifoki giggled at her voice, because she looked a bit menacing, and quickly apologized. "I can't answer your first three questions, but I think what we do now, is to first gather some food. We can't go out at night." She instructed, seeming to know exactly what to do. "Even if you're nocturnal, we're still hatchlings." First things first. she thought.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

user posted image

Ruscella noticed there was a stream down the cave and followed it. She saw that small, silvery things were following her side, and enjoyed their company. She enjoyed swimming so much. As she quickly swam downstream, she saw a couple of newly hatched hatchlings gathering under a tree. Then WHAM. She grabbed her head with her webbed arms and rubbed. She quietly apologized blindly and opened her eyes to see a hatchling that looked just like her. She seemed to have an immediate friendly liking to it.

Edited by Onixthebunny1

Alla ambled towards the forest, where she noticed the other hatchlings were going. She used her tail to shield her eyes from the big sphere in the sky, that made the white light. She gazed up at all the tall, brown structures that had pieces of green attached to them. There was also that clear wet stuff, that refreshed her when she took a drink from it. She followed the path it took, and found a group of hatchlings gathered under a tree. She cautiously moved towards them, excited to see others like her. But also nervous and shy. "Hi," she said.

Tike bounced out of the cave, ready to greet the outside world. It was so big, and so alien to him. He moved as fast as his four legs could carry him, not caring to apologize to other hatchlings he may have rammed into. Tike cannonballed into the stream, splashing water onto nearby hatchlings, then quickly jumped out when he realized that it was a by cold. Freedom felt wonderful. He laughed, and shot past a group of hatchlings gathered under a tree. Then, Tike halted when he noticed an orange thing one of them had. He was curious about it. He stayed where he was, a bit out of sight, examining the orange thing from a distance.

Edited by Darklight

One kick, two, then a third, before the thing imprisoning him gave way. At first, it had been all right to be locked away in the dark, but not much time later, he'd felt bigger, stronger, and it had been a tight fit. He pushed against the wall with everything he had to make more space, and when it moved, he tumbled out with a whimper. Something hurt his eyes, but that went away as he slowly opened his unused eyes and got used to the light. The outside of his shell, though, seemed almost too large. Maybe he would still get big and then that too, would get too small.

But now there was something strange going on, noises inside him that creaked and groaned. The effort he'd made to come out of the thing had made him weak, and he wasn't sure what to do about it. He paced back and forth for a time, then collapsed with a sigh. The force of his body stirred the ground about, and without a will from him, his tongue reached out to taste those bits of rock and ash that settled on his forelegs. Another rumble came from his belly, as though reaching for more of those first morsels, and he realized that the more he licked at the ground, the stronger he felt and the growls went away.

~~~~~

"Biru." The whisper would float through her dreams sometimes, while she waited for her shelter to crack. Of course, she had no idea what it meant, but maybe it was something important she was supposed to know, so she tried to keep hold of it until she decided what to do about it. Her first order of business, though, was to explore the cavernous world around her.

She nosed at her shell, wondering what it smelled like outside. Inside, it had carried a scent of what must have been her body and something metallic. The outer layer had a different odor- the dirt under her feet, the scents of the others in the cave with her that she could see the outlines of in the dark, and a breath of something she should know, but it was already faded with time. It made her sad. She inhaled the air until she could not hold it in anymore, then exhaled. The warm rush of gases from her tiny body mixed with the cooler oxygen in the air and created a haze that transformed the shell into a hard, almost clear mound of glass. It could be a useful thing. Until someone decided it was in their way. She gave the offender a cold gaze and a hiss.

Edited by blackdragon71

Eriadna woke up again, after her nap. Yawn, hmm, it seems that some of the eggs have just hatched, and that others are still where they originally were ... interesting. Eriadna felt famished -- the orange had barely filled her up, so she decided to go hunting. Eriadna passed by a strange hatchling licking the ground, and thought to herself, whatever, if he likes it, what can I do to change it? Still, that's a bit weird ... As soon as she got out of the cave, Eriadna rocketed into the air, shillouetted by the setting sun, and looked around for the nearest bird. There's one! Eriadna shouted, for no apparent reason. A short aerial chase later, and she was dining on the first kill of her life. Mmmm, much more filling. Eriadna went to drink from the stream after she had finished eating, and sat in watch, amazed by the patterns the water created as is drifted lazily by.

Edited by Shibadruid

The little pygmy looked on disappointed as the green dragon just walked past her out of the cave. She chose to sit by the entrance, not wanting to venture out of the cave alone. She watched as many of the hatchlings gathered around a tree with some orange food on it. She ventured forward cautiously, to where she could see a larger blue dragon beside a stream. Her stomach rumbled, and she looked at it hopefully. "I noticed that you caught this bird, can I have a bite? I don't think I'd need much." Gysentia asked Eriadna, her voice surprisingly sweet and high.

~~~

As he was about to tackle the purple dragon playfully a blue one whizzed past him, and Ferovan flattened himself instinctively. The young dragon took a deep breath, and felt a surge of warmth within him. It was comforting. As he sat wondering what this warmth was, the purple dragon trotted past him after the blue one. *No worries* Ferovan thought to himself. Crawling back to the safety of his shell he curled up inside, taking a brief nap, waking far more energized. He stretched, and noticed that most of the hatchlings weren't staying in the cave. He stretched his wings, hopping along the top of the eggs and eggshells easily. He dug his talons into the earth as he reached the entrance, looking at the sky. It seemed...welcoming. He spread his wings eagerly, but quickly realized he didn't have the strength to take to the skies. He could hop and glide though, and he made his way to the other's that way.

user posted image

Airean left the stream and headed back to the berry bush. He took a few berries of each color, and took them back to the stream, where other dragons were. He tried a red berry, and the sensation of juice filled his mouth. As he went for a black berry, the fuzzy tailed animal darted out of a tree and stole the black berries. "Hey! Those are my berries!" he yelled, and chased the creature. As he neared the animal, it slumped and fell to the ground, with black smeared across his mouth. "Those black ones must be dangerous. Better not try one." he thought. He came back to the stream, and found the pile of berries he left. He smashed the black ones with his wings, and went up to a hatchling sitting by a stream. He dropped the berries in front of a Royal Blue, "Hey, who are you? My name's Airean. Want some of these berries? They taste really good. Just avoid the black ones, they'll kill you rather quickly."

Edited by Bacon_Strips

Celestis blushed at Mifoki, hoping that her dark brown scales kept it hidden. "I guess you're right, we do need to get food." She glanced down at her orange and nibbled it. Mmm. Tangy. As Celestis spoke, she reached for another one. "But I think we should gather all of the hatched dragonets, I don't know the names of half of the hatchlings here!" Then she noticed a small aqua-green hatchlet who had pushed his way through many other dragonets. He was now was watching her orange intently. Celestis held it out. "Are you hungry? And please calm down!" She let loose a small smile.

Edited by SpiritWolfe

"I am!" replied Tike. "Can I have some? Can I?"

He hopped on one foot excitedly, then dashed towards the Night Glory. "What is that?" he asked. "Does it taste good?" He poked it the thing with his tail. Tike tilted his head up, and noticed the same orange fruit growing on the trees.

Alla crept a bit closer to the other hatchlings, once she deemed them to be friendly. But before she could say anything, a small green hatchling shot out from somewhere, and she silently wandered elsewhere. He frightened her. She didn't like dragons that were too energetic, like him. Since she did not want to venture beyond the borders of the trees and cave, Alla headed in the direction of the cave. It would be dangerous to do so anyways, because of possible predators. Alla smiled and enjoyed the warmth on her back, still trying to perfect her new skill of walking. She tried spreading out her wings, and flying, but did not succeed. Soon, she was back to where she started, and she noticed a hatchling licking the ground. Alla had never considered the earth itself as food.

"Does it taste good?" she asked him.

Edited by Darklight

Eriadna was chewing on a mouthfull of bird when she heard a high-pitched voice from out of nowhere. Gulping down her current morsel hastily, she looked around. When Eriadna saw the pygmy, who was very stealthy even for her species, she replied, oh, sure! Have all you want. I was a bit hungry and wanted some exercise, so I decided to hunt. What's your name? As soon as Eriadna had finished speaking to the pygmy, she saw a Blusang hatchling, who introduced himself as Airean, walk up with a pile of berries. Hi Airean, I'm Eriadna. Thanks for the berries, and I really appreciate you warning me about the black ones. We should tell the others soon. Eriadna looked down, remembering the bird. Oh! Do you eat meat, like this bird? Eriadna asked inquisitively. Cause if you want some, I can catch another, it's not too hard for me.

Edited by Shibadruid

Towards the back of the cave sat two more eggs that had managed to remain silent throughout the current course of events. A green egg with spots lay on its sides as it lay motionless. For a long time, the inhabitant had been hearing rustling and chattering coming from outside for quite some time, but she hadn't been able to experience the outside world for herself. She had managed to knock her egg over however, but that was it. She lunged at the side of her egg once more and felt as it rolled over onto a sharp rock. In a sudden squawk, her egg shattered open and she fell out. Lost in a tumble, she fell to the ground until she came to a halt as she fell onto her green head. She sputtered out some dirt as she picked herself up with her single clawed hands.

-=-=

Meanwhile, a blue-swirled egg lay dormant for a long while until the hatchling inside finally had endured enough. He fidgeted and writhed inside his egg becoming more frustrated by the minute. In a sudden outburst, he lashed out as his head smashed against the shell and his tail whacked against the other end. Only when his foot made contact with the shell did it give way. With a happy snarl, he kicked the shell again to find it create a bigger opening. In a final lash-out, he busted half the egg apart and hopped out. Finally happy to be out, he looked around to find a number of others already moseying about.

"Yeah right! You just want to lure me in and then kill me or capture me! I won't believe you!" Kiyra squeaked.

~

Rihu looked at Spyro. " No, really, believe us! We're on the same side! " He tried to explain. He felt a nagging feeling to scare the slithery thing. That he would do later.

~

Miha watched the dragon come out of the swirly egg. "Hi! I'm..... Call me Miha." Miha said. The Pink Dragon didn't know what else to call herself.

Spyro turned at the sound of a new voice. His heart nearly skipped a beat when he laid eyes on the ridgewing. Even for a hatchling, she was very pretty. Surprise and awe were quickly replaced with his usual confidence and he walked up to her and greeted, "Hey... I'm Spyro. So uh, welcome to the world I guess...?" The Horse was immediatly kicking himself mentally for sounding so stupid.

~~~

Adrisea broke away from the group, calling over her shoulder, "I'm going to climb atop the cave to get a better look at things before it gets too dark!" Facing the cave again, she began carefully climbing up the rugged tan surface, until it smoothed out to a mix of rock and moss. Her gaze swept the perimeter, picking out a marshland, mountains, oceanline, desert, volcano, and jungle off in the distance. This is incredible... she thought. I have to tell the others about this when we all return to sleep tonight.

~~~

Fern became suddenly distracted as a small winged creature fluttered past her nose. It was much smaller than a bird, adorned with orange and black striped wings. It hovered there for a moment before darting off again. "Hey, come back!" the Neotropical called, dashing after the tiny creature.

The Royal Blue hatchling turned to his right as another small dragon suddenly approached him. He looked at her oddly, tiliting his head for a while before responding, "Miha...I am L-Lance." He stuttered a little, still a bit drowsy from the long slumber. The pink hatchling was so different, it kind of stunned him. This other being looked practically nothing like him, but they also seemed kind of the same. He was somewhat curious at how others differed from him.

-=-=

The much smaller wyvern stood on her own two feet, wobbly at first, and tried walking. She had made a lot of distance between her egg and her present location, but that was because of the hurtling down a small hill. The Bright-Breasted Wyvern stumbled along until she reached outside of the damp, warm cave. She climbed on top of a rock and sat there for a while, taking in everything around her. It was all so big, so different, so much more exciting than she was used to!

Edited by Wyvern_Oliza

user posted image

"I've never eaten meat before", Airean said to Eriadna, "But I'd love to try it. If you could get me a bird, that would be great! Thanks!" Then he remembered the berries. "That's a good idea, warning the others. I'll be sure to let them know!", Airean told her. He then quickly left for the berry bush, and saw the black ones. "I should get rid of them, before anyone can eat them." So he smashed the rest of the black berries, found a few more berry bushes, and did the same. He then returned to Eriadna.

Celestis tossed her orange fruit to Tike, snaking to the top of the tree where she shook the branch to get more of the fruit down. "We haven't even introduced eachother yet", Celestis noticed. She gave Tike another of her rare smiles. "I'm Celestis--" She was interrupted when Fern suddenly leapt up and raced after a small bird-like creature. As she turned her head to look, she noticed two hatchlings that looked like they had just come out of their eggs. A Royal Blue and a Bright-Breasted Wyvern. How many more are out there? Celestis thought, bewildered.

Edited by SpiritWolfe

When Airean left, presumably to get rid of the dangerous black berries, Eriadna rose to the air once more. Over near the cave in which the eggs were hidden, she could see Adrisea gazing across the horizon. Forgetting the task at hand, Eriadna dived in silently, and landed next to her. Wow ... it's so large ... how far does it go? It seems like it could continue forever. After Eriadna had fully taken in the enormity of her surroundings, she felt smaller and even more insignificant than she arleady was. Suddenly Eriadna remembered what she had wanted to warn the others of. Hey, Adri? I was talking to Airean earlier, he's the Blusang hatchling, and he said that the black berries in the forest are deadly. Could you warn the others while I go catch a bird?

"Thanks!" Tike exclaimed, quickly chomping on one of the fruits. He then spit out the bitter taste of the skin, and began to peel it, like he'd seen others do. "I'm Tike, nice to meet you." He looked where Celestis was looking. "There's a lot of hatchlings around," he said, his voice muffled by the piece of fruit he was chewing on. "I also noticed an orange hatchling somewhere, besides us and those two. There must've been around a hundred eggs in the cave! Including us. Probably more." He paused to think for a moment. Over a hundred eggs! The question of where they all came from popped into his mind. He hadn't seen any adult dragons. There appeared to be nobody else except them. Edited by Darklight

Gystentia dug into the bird excitedly. It was still warm, and it filled her stomach in no time. She had been so involved in eating she had forgotten to answer the hatchlings question about her name. What is my name? She wondered, sitting back on her haunches. Thinking back to her time in the egg, she remembered that she had known a word. It must have been her name...the word came back to her suddenly and she leaped up in excitement. "Gysentia! Gystentia!" She exclaimed to no one in particular, as the royal blue had left her.

~~~

Ferovan was excited, he was starting to get the hang of this gliding thing. His stomach rumbled loudly however, and he wondered what he was going to do for food. The tiniest dragon he had seen so far was jumping and shouting her name as he glided up to her. "Can I have that bird?" He asked. "It's not mine, but I wouldn't care." It replied, racing up the small hill back into the cave. He glanced around before he began to finish it off. It was worth all of the effort of escaping his shell just for this, it was wonderful!

~~~

Gystentia couldn't help but feel a tiny bit worried as a large hatchling glided towards her. She was relieved when he landed nearby and when she had finished answering his question she took off, eager to make new friends. She let out a squeak of delight as she spotted another pygmy, it was much darker than she was though. She bounded over to it, it was talking to a large purple dragon who had four long legs and a flowy tail. "My name's Gysentia. Who are you guys?" She asked, looking around the small group curiously.

"Okay, I will tell them a bit later. I was planning on having a meeting at sunset... not to be leaderish but, you know. I want everyone to be introduced and some stuff needs to be discussed." Adrisea did not this she was cut out to lead the hatchlings, but she would offer herself to them in a heartbeat. Dictatorship must be forbidden if they were to live happily. However, that could be a bigger or smaller isssue than she fist imagined.

Thri popped his eyes open, only to see nothing. He tried to move, but he was stuck in a cramped spot. He started swinging his head, trying to get out and was able to create cracks with the stubs of his horns. Light entered his egg and he broke the egg completely. Thri slowly looked around, taking eveery detail in. Other dragons were already playing, flying, and talking. Thri hopped up onto a nearby rock in the cave and scanned the dragons.

Swift was confused as to why she couldn't see, but she hated that there was no one around. She began to scratch the inner shell, but barely made a dent before she somehow slipped and smacked her head against it. She stood up quickly when she saw that she was now out and surrounded by other dragons, which made her happy.

Edited by Jake434

Good idea, Adri. Anyways, if anyone should be the leader, it should be you. Didn't you hatch first, after all? Anyways, I'm off to get a bit more food before nightfall. Eriadna returned to the skys, and searched for birds. She saw one, a particularly large species, circling high in the sky. Not too high for Eriadna, though. Propelling herslf forward faster than most hatchlings could imagine possible, Eriadna rocketed towards the falcon, catching it off guard as it scanned for prey. Not used to being in the middle of the food chain, huh? Eriadna thought to herself as she plummeted back to earth, and finished off the falcon. She returned to the stream, dropped the bird by Airean, and said, eat up, you'll need the energy. Also, I think we should return to the cave, I think Adrisea, you know, the lightning Hatchling, has a meeting planned.

~~~~~

Malkan knew that others were haching. He knew they were exploring, and he knew he had to come out for food sometime. However, he wanted to be sure that things wouldn't try to find and hurt them. He had used what little magic he had to stay in a form of stasis for slightly longer, but now, he had to get out. One ... two ... three! Malkan pushed into the wall of the egg. Cracks spiderwebbed across the surface. I need to do it again. One ... two ... three! This time, the egg gave way, and Malkan tumbled out. Immediately, his instincts told him to find food and water. Following his nose, he found himself sidling up to a Royal Blue, who was talking to a Blusang. Hi![/color] He said, careful to make himself heard. I'm Malkan, and yes, I know most of you hatched earlier. I have two questions: one, what are your names, and two, can I have some of that bird? I'm starving!

~~~~~

Eriadna was waiting for Airean's response when she heard a new voice. Turning, she saw a newly hatched Magi dragon, who introduced himself as Malkan. He seemed very level-headed. Hi, I'm Eriadna, and this is Airean! and if it's okay with you, Airean, I don't care if Malkan eats the bird. I caught it with the intent to share, anyways.

Edited by Shibadruid