angelicdragonpuppy

Option to use Sort By to view other's scrolls

That was a typing error, which I fixed. And I keep my adults hidden much of the time because it is faster when I am looking at my growing things...less to load. Not that I am trying to really hide them. Aside from that, it is unhidden

Ah - when I have MY scroll open for ME I filter for "show growing things" smile.gif

RW as I recall your suggestion was rather different: it was to be able to sort by CB vs generation ?

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=173125

I don't know why this wasn't always a feature, so I support!

Definitely sounds like a very useful feature that I'm sure many users would appreciate, I do agree that it should have safety features inbuilt to prevent any harassment.

Maybe a feature to hide specific dragons from other users? Or even have that but with a list of people who are exceptions (Say friends or a trader you are discussing with)

Support from me.

If you're adamant about not wanting people to look through your adults for any reason, then it's up to you to hide your scroll. Making this sort feature optional (not to say it shouldn't be, of course) won't stop people if they're determined enough. If you're worried about certain adults only, then maybe take a look at the Shroud BSA suggestion, and for more generalized control over what's visible on your user page there's this thread. (Are there any other similar topics? I don't recall any, but I may have missed them.)

It's not a matter of HIDING them; it's a matter of wanting people to look at MY scroll the way I WANT it viewed.

If someone wants me to breed something - they can ask if I am able to do that. There is no need for them to trawl my scroll and - very possibly - find a dragon they want me to breed that I am not prepared to breed for them. I don't want to have to hide my scroll to achieve this, and what I (and many others) DO want - especially if this ever happens - is the facility to hide all my growing things form public view while leaving them able to amass views. Other than that, I don't care that much - I just think it's a bit silly and unnecessary.

But if someone gets to sort and find some dragon I'm not prepared to breed - "a refusal often causes offence" And believe me, it does.

Maybe I should be more afraid of stalking than I am, but I think I am pretty public on the forums, don't hide my scroll (except for a few times when someone decided I needed help with my eggs), advertise in my siggie that I will breed on request, and still don't get a lot of PMs asking for breeding. Maybe I just don't have anything worthwhile? wink.gif

Maybe I should be more afraid of stalking than I am, but I think I am pretty public on the forums, don't hide my scroll (except for a few times when someone decided I needed help with my eggs), advertise in my siggie that I will breed on request, and still don't get a lot of PMs asking for breeding. Maybe I just don't have anything worthwhile? wink.gif

But do you care how your scroll is viewed ?

But do you care how your scroll is viewed ?

I'm afraid I don't really understand why I should. And I honestly think that most of the people who just randomly view my scroll would still see it the way I have it sorted. Most would not likely resort it and if they did it would not really affect me in any way that I can see.

Yah, I'm going to second Purplehaze. I have oodles of 2g prizes, 2gs from Spriter's Alts, CB Metals etc, advertise I take most breeding requests in my sig (right above a database of my lineages to boot!), am pretty active... and I only occasionally get breeding requests, much less ones from rude buttheads. So if you're often getting harassed I'd say it's more an exception to the norm than anything.

Personally I use a very specific custom sort that I think looks pretty, but (as per me being the OP of the suggestion!) I have no qualms with people being able to sort my scroll for easier finding. God knows I use the sort functions myself all the time, my pretty normal sort order aside. I also think anyone intending to be obnoxious will be so regardless of how hard it is to find things, so killing the suggestion for them seems silly just as does shutting down some other suggestions we've had because of fears they'll "encourage multiscrolling." Letting cheaters and mean people kill otherwise nice suggestions just gives them even more power then they already have.

Ahem, anyway, my personal feelings aside on it not being a big issue, I'm sure the powers that be could add a way to disable the feature at the same time it was added, nipping all worries in the bud.

I was steadfastly against this.

And then I changed my mind.

I don't know, I don't really care one way or another, but I have my scroll sorted by date because it's easiest for me, and I know that probably frustrates some people who want to see my dragons. This came to my mind while I was hunting through other people's dragons for Encyclopedia reasons, and I realized that saying I have a lot of a certain breed doesn't do much if they are scattered all over the place.

I think this suggestion *must* come with a way for us to hide specific dragons, or just turn the "option to sort" off for our scrolls.

I also think this would be a useful feature. I spent several hours last night going through people's scrolls to fill out my encyclopedia some, and it would have been very useful to be able to sort by breed. I am a little bit confused as to why some people are so very against this idea, though. Maybe it's just because I'm fairly new?

The default view would be your Custom Sort. I've seen some really cool ones (I love people using the chickens as dividers! That's my favorite!), so I can understand being protective of it. I think most people wouldn't bother "re-sorting" a scroll they were viewing (maybe we can call it a "view by" option since "sort" seems to imply a physical re-sorting to some people?) unless they were specifically looking for something, so that's probably the view most people will be using anyway. There could also be several built in "safety features" as people have discussed, like options to hide hatchlings or eggs or adults from your scroll. Maybe each dragon could even have a little tick-box of their own to hide specific, individual dragons. And if some people are just completely against someone being able to view their scroll in a different way, there could be an option like "Do not allow "View By" sorting" that you could turn on or off.

I do not care. My adults are hidden. I'm far from active and, whenever I've growing babies, they are hidden as well.

Edited by _Sin_

I support this idea! There have been so many times when I've needed to look at other people's scrolls for breeding/gifting/trading, and it would be REALLY useful to be able to sort by breed.

Edited by aqub

I support this idea! There have been so many times when I've needed to look at other people's scrolls for breeding/gifting/trading, and it would be REALLY useful to be able to sort by breed.

Why not ask the scroll owner ? (and before someone says you don't always know their forum name - then you can't contact them anyway, so that makes no difference.)

I often get questions like "Can you breed me a white from spring father" or something. After all - even if you had sorted my scroll you'd still have to work out which of mine were suitable for what you wanted. I have over 100 of some breeds.... But I KNOW which are CB and which are bred to what else.