CYDA LUVA83

New Legacies

Treya looked up at this, her eyes meeting the other dragoness. "They would?" He asked, glancing at the rock, then back up at the other. "Why? I mean, I like them because they look pretty, and mommy would have thought so too, but I didn't think anyone else would." She said quietly, looking down at her carving. "Would you like one?" She asked quietly.

When Yüna awoke, he was not happy. This was the third time this month that he had lost conciousness, and his body way not happy about it. The greatest amount of pain seemed to come from his nether reigons, though, which confused Yüna–he hadn't remembered hitting himself there.

Shaking his head, he stood up groggily. The Nilia Pygmy was nowhere in sight–that must mean he'd lost it! He began formulating a plan to catch another Nilia.

I need more bait, Yüna realized. That last Pygmy had eaten the entire fish he'd set out, and Yüna didn't have any more fish. Groaning, he took a step in the direction of the lake.

"AGH!" Yüna yelped. His nether reigons were really hurting then. Frowning, he glanced at his pants. There appeared to be a huge swelling of skin from his waist to his legs.

A bug must have bitten me while I was out, he thought, grimacing. Though why are my legs swelled? They barely hurt.

Shakily, Yüna took another step. The pain wasn't so bad if he walked slowly, he realized. The only hard part was ignoring the scratching sensation in his pants...

((Yes, he hasn't realized he has plants in his pants.))

Inzara laughed gently. "We're dragons. Dragons love to collect pretty things - and not just gold and jewels either," she said, remembering her flock. "I had a cousin who collected pressed flowers and another who collected pretty rocks. I'm sure there must be some art collector back at the colony, but even if there isn't, I'm sure they'd all love to have a small carving of something or someone important to them - a self-portrait, even." Which, for some dragons she'd met, was the same thing.

She glanced over at Ekaira. "I'd love some of your art, but I'm not sure you'd be able to carve something small enough for me to carry. I'd need to ask Ekaira, and I don't think she'll be up for carrying something back today."

Ekaira glanced over at the sound of her name. "No, and we really shouldn't be taking up much more of Lydia's time. It could still be a long flight back."

Treya hadn't expected the answer she had gotten, and was surprised that anyone would want one of her carvings. Sure she had always liked pretty things, flowers, her carvings and a few other things, but she thought that was just because everyone liked pretty things. "Oh, well I do like carving." She said, putting another leaf on a vine before blowing on the stone and showing it to Inzara. "See?

It's Ben, he was a good friend. He always listened." She smiled a little at the thought, knowing that he had no choice of course because he was an owl. "I hope Ben will be ok now that I'm not there." She said, playing with the rock in one of her claws, trying to distract herself from her troubles, of which there was one more now. "I'm going to miss him."

"I'm sure he'll be fine, though he'll probably miss you," said Inzara. "If you want someone small to talk to and to follow you around, you should come visit the flock some time. I'm sure they've never seen anything quite like you before and would think you were just fascinating."

Inzara sighed. "I've been enjoying talking to you, but Ekaira's right. We should be leaving if we don't want to spend the rest of the day getting back. You should definitely come visit us sometime, though. You don't even need to bring art - you'd be more than welcome just by yourself."

((Psycho, be careful not to control other people's characters. The human belongs to greatguy, and only he can control him unless you are given special permission to do a certain thing. wink.gif Try having your dragon help out, then wait for a response from greatguy, that way more interaction can go on, maybe an alliance can be formed between the two, or perhaps they could become enemies. Anything can happen. smile.gif ))

Treya frowned at this, getting scared again. "B-but I thought I was going with you." She said, fear in her expression and tears starting to well up again. "D-don't leave me, I-, mommies not here anymore, and now you're going too? I thought I was going to the colony too! Please don't leave me alone again!"

Ekaira blinked, trying frantically to recall the conversation they'd been having earlier. She'd never actually said that, had she? Oh, sure, she'd suggested that Treya might come to visit, with the expectation that Lydia would come with her and perhaps be persuaded to stay, but surely she hadn't given the impression she'd be taking Treya back with her today. By the imminent waterworks, though, it seemed something had gotten lost in translation.

She chose her words carefully, knowing that Lydia would be angry if she provoked yet another crying fit. "Aren't you staying with Lydia, though, at least for tonight? I seem to recall that's what she suggested. You've been on your own for quite a while, after all, and she should look you over to make sure there's nothing needing the attention of a skilled healer." There. That should be safe enough - and true.

Ekaira looked at Inzara. "You heard the same thing I did, right?" she said, trying to keep the desperation out of her voice. Ekaira wasn't good with hatchlings, and the flight back was going to be hard enough without someone else to keep track of.

Inzara nodded. "Yes, I distinctly heard Lydia say that Treya could stay with her." Trying to reassure Treya, she added "Remember? She was talking about all the things the two of you could do tomorrow. Besides, you've been alone for so long. You should stay here with Lydia for a few days where it's quiet and get used to the company of other dragons again, then come visit and be bombarded by the flock."

Treya blinked a few times as Ekaira and Inzara spoke, listening quietly to them as they explained.

"Oh." She said after a few moments of processing the information. "I-I forgot. I thought you said we were all going to your home. Sorry." She said quietly, looking at the ground. She finally looked up at Ekaira and ran over, rubbing herself against the older dragons legs like a cat, before finally rearing up and hugging her front leg. "I'll miss you Ekaira, please come back and visit, you're so nice, I want to see you again."

Daburu Maxii and Daburu Xolpik had been walking in the forest for quite some time now. It was Maxii's turn to walk, but he didn't mind. That was the whole point of going out in the first place; for the scenery! But Xolpik hadn't realized this, as he was in a deep slumber, oblivious to the world around them. He took this time to contemplate Xolpiks' name. Why Xolpik? It was an odd name, even for a dragon. But it was his choice, albeit a strange one. Technically, they both had the name Daburu, but it was hard to have just one name when you're a Two Headed dragon. Suddenly, a meddling tree interrupted his thoughts, but it was Xolpik who took the blunt of it.

"Gak! Wh-Wha! We're under attack! Run!"

"Ah, yes" Maxii chuckled "beware the killer tree!"

"Hey, I wasn't my fault you-" A strange smell interrupted him. He stopped and pondered it for a second. "Do you smell that?" he asked "It's a... Hmm... Let me think here." Xolpik took in another deep breath "Just as I thought: a human!"

"We should go help it" Maxii said "you know how frail humans are."

"Yeah, I guess" Being still a bit drowsy, Xolpik wasn't ecstatic to go do labor.

As they entered a clearing, a human was clearly visible, but seemed to be in pain. It was wobbling towards the river, a fishing rod in tow. But Daburu cuntinued on, unsure of what outcome would arise...

((hope this edit ends the frenzy I started! xd.png ))

Yüna heard movement behind him. Quickly, he spun around.

Or at least he tried to. His swollen rear unbalanced him, and he writhed on the ground a few seconds, making overly dramatized gestures with his hands. He slowly rolled down the slight slope of the plain, and bumped into the feet of a dark blue dragon.

"May I help you?" Yüna asked, looking into the eyes of the nearest head.

((It's fine; don't worry about it. ^^))

The human mumbled something in it's weird human talk, and Daburu struggled to understand. Was it scared, or was it angry? Of course, there was always telepathy, but that would take effort, which was not Xolpik's specialty. And unfortunately, telepathy was a team effort...

Slowly, Xolpik leaned down and sniffed an out of place lump on the human's leg.

"That doesn't smell like a human at all!" he said, slightly confused.

"Well no, idiot, that's because they're stinging nettles..." Maxii retorted. Xolpik was really starting to get on his nerves today. But by the time he had said this, Xolpik was already making a small tear in the human's pants. However, upon hearing this he went into a complete rage.

"Dealing with you my whole life is one thing, but you can't just go about slinging names at me!" he screeched. And with that, he furiously grabbed the nettles out of the humans pants with his long front teeth, but fumbled, and got them all over his face, which sent him roaring into the forest.

"I guess it's Xolpiks' turn to walk now." Maxii thought, and he slowly began to drift into sleep.

((I'm still confused with the physics here. Oh well))

"Well."

Yüna was surprised, to put it mildly. It wasn't every day a dragon tore holes into one's pants and then walked off. The only problem was that his rear end was beginning to grow cold.

Without much contemplation, Yüna slipped the remnants of his pants off. As far as he knew, there weren't any humans to risk offending for miles, and dragons probably wouldn't care about his lack of pants, if they even noticed at all.

Oddly, his rear end was not as swollen now and was beginning to feel better. Yüna wondered briefly whether he had an allergy to the fabric, then dismissed the thought. He'd been wearing the same clothes ever since he came here.

Carrying his pants, Yüna slowly walked back over to the spot where his fishing rod had fallen and picked it up. He felt bored, strangely, but since he had nothing better to do he began walking towards the lake once again.

I hope the Pygmies haven't done anything while I was gone.

"Perhaps I will," Ekaira said gently, "or perhaps Lydia could bring you to see me." She wouldn't want a hatchling underfoot all of the time, but short visits might be nice. How Treya could consider her to be nice, she wasn't sure, but Ekaira wasn't going to object.

Once Inzara was settled on her back, Ekaira took off. The flight back was easier than getting to Lydia's had been, but Ekaira was still glad when she arrived back at her cave. Ekaira settled down to rest with Inzara curled up between her forepaws. There had been more than enough socialization for one day.

Maxii woke up later back in the cave. Looking to his right, he saw Xolpik sleeping soundly, despite the overabundance of swelling lumps covering his face. He got up and began concocting a small salad out of the food pile and noticed a small stash of pine nuts. Those weren't there before, Maxii thought to himself. Xolpik must've picked them up on the way home... So, helping himself to the small nuts, he finished up the salad and walked back out of the cave.

"Another walk?" Xolpik grumbled, still half asleep. He didn't say much more before dozing off again. But this wasn't just a scenery walk. Maxii had been really bored lately, and he was ready for an adventure. Come at me, world! he thought. I'll be waiting.

((I've noticed you don't have anyone else RPing with you at the moment, so shall we rendezvous? Lirm might join us, also.))

Finally, a fish! Yüna hadn't had much of a lunch, so he was hungrier than usual.

He looked down at the small fish. It wasn't much, but it would sate his hunger. Noticing the fish was still struggling, he found a rock and smashed its head, instantly killing it.

Quickly, he picked up the fish and bit into it. It was mediocre at best, and the skin was rubbery. Nevertheless, Yüna devoured it ravenously. He only avoided the demolished head, since he wasn't quite hungry enough to eat the eyes, brain, and skull mixed together like it was.

A few minutes later Yüna set the fish's skeleton down. He washed his hands and face in the lake to rid himself of blood and stood up, stretching. Even though it was dark, Yüna felt restless, so he slowly began walking towards the forest.

((Hope that wasn't too gory. I tried to tone it down, so someone tell me if it's disturbing somehow.))

Edited by greatguy

((rendezvous it is then))

Xolpik was fully awake now. He kept his neck up as high as he could, letting the branches rub the itchiness off his face. Suddenly, he pulled down his head.

"I smell that human again." Xolpik declared "And not to far away, either."

"I hope it's not more nettles," Maxii complained "Only a Guardian of Nature would know why those were there..."

So Daburu ventured off towards the smell, until they came upon the very same human. Pantsless, but still the same one. He did seem a little edgy, though. Most likely because it's getting dark they thought.

"This, Xolpik, is why we were blessed with telepathy." Maxii argued.

"Gah, fiiiiiine." he complained.

Daburu stoped the human, and began the question bombardment.

"Hello? What's your name? Why do you seem worried? Are you scarred of the dark? Why aren't you wearing pants?"

"My name is Yüna," he replied. "And I'm not wearing pants because you tore them. Which is a shame, because I liked those pants. They were comfortable and easy to wear. Note the past tense," Yüna said, scowling at the dragon.

Lydia waited until their conversation had been completed and Ekaira and her companion flew off before speaking to Treya. "If you're hungry, the black dragoness from earlier should be back from her hunt soon, if she hasn't caught anything then I have some plants in my storage space you might try," she said, looking up at the sky. There was always the chance that the black dragoness had simply wanted an excuse to leave and not come back, but Lydia gave her the benefit of the doubt.

~~~~~

((Alex, the land is mostly forest with plains and clearings scattered here and there. The terrain is rocky and hilly, with mountains in the distance. Small creeks are everywhere, acting as tributaries to a larger river that empties into a lake. The temperature is downright freezing during the winter, and rarely becomes hot during the peak of the summer. Let your imagination go free with most things.))

Edited by CYDA LUVA83

"Umm," Maxii began "You are aware that there were stinging nettles in your pants, right?"

"Yeah. If we hadn't came and helped you, you'd still be limping around with plants in your pants!"

Despite Yüna's foul words, it did relieve Daburu that he hadn't put the plants there himself.

"Wait, if you didn't put the nettles there, who did?" Maxii thought he was finally getting the adventure he wanted. A small adventure, but enough to keep him out of boredom.

Vorgin walks along the forst path watching the wonderful view of the trees. He carries his two sword close and a survival pack, with art supplies. He whistles as he walks and watches his corners.

(So there's suppose to be dragons here huh? So far only birds...)

((Thank you for the info Cyda and good day, ladies and gentlemen.

I was an RPer in the original NB and got somewhat nostalgic.

I'm happy to see a modest sequel moving at a steady pace. Good show!))

==============

It'd been hours since Trox had last seen land, but after an exhausting journey from the mainlands, he'd reached Nova Scotia's shoreline. Landing heavily on the edge of the water, he folded in his wings and sighed with relief when he could finally relax. The black was very heavy and his wings were nowhere near large enough to allow him to glide, so flying usually meant constant flapping, which was not a problem, but only for short trips.

'Thirsty... -he hissed quietly, too dehydrated from being stupid enough to drink seawater along the way. There were no distinctive scents flying around for him to trace, but then all he picked up on was the smell of the ocean anyway. Wandering off into the woods with heavy footsteps, he started looking for fresh water.

The seconds moulded into minutes that moulded into an hour and more, and his ever-increasing desire for fresh drinking water started to frustrate him. To add to that frustration, was the dense clusters of trees that kept getting in his way, some of which he had to simply topple over and knock down to move on. To his delight, Trox noticed the abundance of huntable prey that scattered from all the noise he was making. He wasn't hungry right now, but he knew that once he was, there'd be plenty to chew on.

Some time later, he finally picked up on what he was hoping for. The smell of clean fresh water, an unmistakable musk of freshwater plants, plenty of left over animal scents that went there to drink and the smell of wet dirt he'd been taught to pick up on. His nose wasn't particularly sensitive, so he assumed the water was close-by.

Edited by Ælex

Rey was a black tea dragon from southern North America. Having spent most of her life on the south-eastern coast with her colony, the dragoness was unprepared for what she would find when she came to Nova Scotia. Since colonists had invaded the land she lived on, the colony broke apart to find new places to live. She and another dragon had come up here to try and find a new place to live, though her companion didn't make the journey.

When they had come to a large river, Rey had simply been able to fly over due to her abnormally large wings, but her friend had fatigued and was unable to swim the whole way across. The black tea dragoness had not realized she was now traveling alone until she reached the other side and didn't see her companion following after her. So, with no body to tend to due to the rushing current, she had simply continued on, flying more and more north until she had found signs of a nearby dragon colony.

Though it just turned out to be no more than a bunch of dragons scattered around a small area, big disappointment. The dragoness landed at a small pond, looking around at the surroundings before leaning down to get a drink.

Approaching the body of water, guided by his nose, Trox weaved through the cluster of trees he was in, until they were just too many bunched up into one cluster for him to go on. On the edge of losing it with frustration, he lunged forward using his entire mass to force himself through the cluster of bushes and trees that separated him from the clearing ahead.

The snapping of branches and uprooting of two trunks caused a lot of noise, as did the trees that fell as he cleared through the cluster. Trox was never one for taking the long way around anything, especially around something as insignificant in his eyes as a tree and some shrubs.

Shaking off the leaves and twigs from himself, he moved on.

Not a dozen or so metres later, he saw the shoreline of the small body of pure fresh water he'd sniffed out. Marvellous! He could now sate his thirst, and even wash off the salty water from his legs. It was starting to make him itch, anyway. He walked over to the water's edge, noticed the other dragon there, who was also drinking, but all he could think about was getting that drink.

And boy, did he. He practically shoved his entire head under the water and soaked it in like it was the first drink he'd ever had. The sensation of the dry salty gunk that was once seawater, leaving his throat and nose canals could only be described as blissful.

Edited by Ælex

Rey lifted her head from the water and watched the male skeptically. She had heard the tromping through the woods, but didn't realize the loud sounds of snapping twigs and tousled bushes had come from such an odd thing. She expected humans to make such noise, but a dragon? They were supposed to be stealthy. The dragoness waited for him to lift his head back out of the water, keeping an eye on him in case he forgot about breathing, either on accident or on purpose.

After a few moments of watching, and being fairly sure that he wasn't trying to drown himself, Rey returned her own head to the water, taking in two large gulps before sitting back on her haunches. She vaguely wondered of this dragon needed help with hunting or surviving in general. The ruckus he had made when he came through the woods didn't help alleviate her suspicions.