CYDA LUVA83

New Legacies

“Got bitten by an eel,” she told the healer, returning her bow as best she could while still keeping her paw off the ground. “At least, I think it was an eel. It was big.” She turned to look at the new arrivals, narrowing her eyes when she saw it was another black dragoness. She had no obvious injuries, but one never knew. Maybe she had eaten something poisonous. Most intriguing to Nylaeni was the pygmy that accompanied her. Pygmies were, in Nylaeni’s opinion, creatures to be ignored when they stayed out of her way and used as target practice when they didn’t. She’d once met a group of assassins who employed Dark Myst pygmies as scouts and occasionally distractions, but could imagine other use for the creatures.

Lydia! she thought suddenly, exhaling sharply with relief. The healer’s name was Lydia. Good. Lydia invited the other black dragon to rest in the glade, which she did, looking grateful. Unfortunately, her pygmy friend flew to a tree and perched very close. Nylaeni refrained from growling at it, since she didn’t want to offend the other Black. At least, not until she was able to determine her magical abilities. Nylaeni kept her face towards the healer and, from the corner of her eye, pretended not to watch the other dragon pretending not to watch her.

Lydia gave a nod of acknowledgement at what the dragoness before her explained, turning her back to the two dragons to retrieve a bundle of cloth from a niche in one of the trees. As she walked back to Nylaeni, Mopey the rattlesnake slithered off her back, traveling down her tail and into the grass, soon coiling on top of the rock that hid the white dragon's potions and elixirs. Lydia glanced back at the snake, but seeing that he was just sunning on the stone slab, turned her attention back to the task at hand. "I'll give you antiseptic that will clean your wound of any bacteria that may infect it." She said, going through the protocol she had made to tell her patients just what exactly she was going to be doing to them. "It's going to sting a little, just a heads up. After that I'll close it most of the way to aid in the natural healing your body does on its own. Then I'll wrap a bandage around your paw to keep dirt and other debris out of the bite. If you don't put too much stress on your paw, it will be healed in a few days."

Lydia shut her eyes and lifted her own paw a little ways above the grass, focusing on the air around her; more specifically, the vapor in the air. Little beads of water could be seen stringing themselves together until they were big enough to form droplets. A soft, golden glow was emitted from the tips of her claws as she imbued the small collection of water with her healing magic. The glow was transferred from her claws to the floating collection of droplets until it was locked safely inside, like golden thread hovering daintily in water. Gently taking Nylaeni's injured paw, she brought the antiseptic to the wound, holding the water to the dragoness's cut until the glow was gone. She then brought her magical energy forth once more, but this time spreading it on the top of her paw instead on concentrated in her claws. The white dragon put her paw as close as she dared to Nylaeni's injury, watching closely as the wound slowly mended itself. When it seemed like the flesh was healing faster than the fresh blood could congeal, she took her magic away from the wound.

Now the dragoness picked up the cloth bundle, unwrapping a good amount of it from its roll before placing the bandage against the black dragon's bite wound. She then wrapped Nylaeni's paw snugly with the cloth, tearing it when the wound had been sufficiently covered. "There. All set."

Ekaira knew of eels, but had never gotten close to one. She liked fish, but she liked it best when cooked by someone else - especially humans. Humans found such interesting ways to prepare their food. Judging by this black dragon's experience, it was just as well she'd been very careful the few times she'd tried fishing.

Healing magic was not one of Ekaira's strengths - obviously, or she'd have healed herself and not bothered with Kioren in the first place - but she knew enough about magic to recognize the white dragon's skill. Skill and a sympathetic nature - what more could the colony ask for? She even took the time to explain exactly what she was doing, something few healers Ekaira had met - human or otherwise - had ever taken the time to do. Now, if Ekaira - or Inzara, for that matter, who could be quite persuasive when she put her mind to it - could just convince the healer to relocate.

Having seen the healer at work - and what she'd missed, Inzara had surely picked up on - Ekaira had no qualms about letting the white dragon try to heal her. She did hope Inzara was keeping track of the snake's whereabouts, though, as she had no desire to encounter it unexpectedly. Snakes were all very well in their place, but she had no liking for the poisonous ones.

Seeing that the healer was apparently done with the black dragon, Ekaira opened her eyes and stretched, as though she'd been about to doze off. This wasn't all show, as she really wasn't fond of mornings and usually only saw the sun rise when her insomnia was especially bad. Then Ekaira got to her feet - a trifle awkwardly, as even the slow flight there had probably been a mistake - and waited for the healer to call her over.

Edited by Mathcat

Igneel looked up at Link, eyeing him and thinking about what his next move would be. What he did was smile awkwardly.

"Yeah, sorry, I find it hard to control my speed of descent when I land." He thought momentarliy, looking at the deer and then back at Link. "If you're hungry, you can eat the rest, I ate earlier and was hunting for a snack." He stepped to the side and lay down next to a tree.

His thoughts were jumbled, he hadn't expected to find another dragon within a 500 kilometre radius. Maybe he should stick with this dragon, he wasn't as feral and aggresive as the ones he'd met before.

Link looked at this dragon, confused. Now what should he do? He had been invited to eat? Most other dragons just wanted everything to themselves, and didn't want anyone messing with them. Why was this one different? Hmm...

Link's stomach growled, urging him forward and towards the deer, but he shook his head anyway, took a couple steps forward and sat, his body facing the catch of the day. He glanced over to the Nebula sitting in the shade. Link hadn't seen many up close, but he never really had met many dragon up close, period, so it wasn't exactly that odd to him. Even thought h was out of the sunlight, he could imagine how the stars against his scales would have shone.

He blinked, knocking him out of his trance. But the stars... No! He's gonna think I'm a weirdy. This was going to be an odd and distracting conversation. Link was just glad he was in the shade and not, say, moonlight.

Looking back up, but Blue dragon swallowed, and he eyed the deer again. He hadn't eaten yet, and he was kind of hungry, but ignored the prey. He spied the Nebula, keeping his eyes focused, and sometimes off-point, using peripherals to keep an eye on him. Link cleared his throat, "There isn't normally others way out here; in this part of the park." Like usual, he finished the sentence to himself, 'Is there?' He looked up, keeping a watch for others, in case he had ventured further from his clearing than he expected, and was actually in prime, dragon country.

Igneel nodded, raising a draconic eyebrow at the Blue. He wondered why he didn't eat, might it be weird for other dragons to offer food? It was the way he was taught to greet others in the far east.

"Aye, only other dragon I seen around here is you, although I've seen others at the edge of the park." He looke skyward at an eagle which was gliding peacefully overhead, probably searching for it's newest prey. His mind wandered as he thought of the forest from above and it's creatures, full of life. He snapped back to attention.

"You might want to eat that before the ants get a hold of it." He said with a slight smirk, tail flicking in the cool air.

This day was the worst day ever. Period. First, he'd been kicked at by this human, and passed out for a few hours. Now, when everything seemed to be finally looking up, he had blundered into a trap laid by the same human. It just was not his lucky day. He growled vehemently at the intrusion into his otherwise happy day, tearing at Yuma's already bleeding arm some more, trying to get to the bone, wanting it to hurt. His eyes shifted to Yuna's face, a desperate look upon his face. His air supply was cut off by the human's arm, and he gasped as he tried to breathe despite that. The world began greying out, and Lirm knew, just knew in his heart, that the fight was already over.

That this was the end.

Edited by Lato_Dato

Link, upon hearing the dragon mention the deer carcass again, he turned to stare at it. Ha stomach growled, still trying to persuade him to walk forward and actually eat it. He wanted to so bad, too. He stood slowly, and took a tennitive step forward. Seeing no reaction from the nebula, he proceeded.

Cautiously, he approached and sat buy the prey. He glanced back at the dragon, still working to ignore his stars, and Link turned back to the deer. When his head went down, his hind end went up, and he went to take a mouthful. The flesh teared as he lifted his jaws and the weight of the deer held what he didn't grab, and ripped haphazardly. His throat accepted the venison gratefully as it slid down whole. Link's stomach settled and he sat back down. Thankfully, he had not snatched up any ants with his breakfast.

He looked back at the Nebula Dragon, wondering why he was still hanging around. Link wasn't very good company as far as he thought, so why was he staying? Maybe he wanted to be friends. Oh, that probably wouldn't blow over well... Link was generally very unlikeable, and has never really had many friends. Maybe, this could be one of the few dragons that got along with him nicely. He'd have to find out.

Hesitantly, Link spoke up. "What's your name?" He pawed at the ground and shuffled his wings. He finished licking blood off his muzzle and stood. He closed his jaws around the deer's shoulder blades, and dragged it out of the sun. Maybe he should hide it in a tree for someone else to find, or just bury it and be done. He pulled it indecisively into the shade and left it. He took up under a tree next to the Nebula and laid down straight on his chest, stretching out his wings sideways above him, creating even a greater coolness around him. He kept an eye open, watching the surroundings, and the nebula, who Link still wasn't entirely sure if he was entirely trustworthy yet.

Nylaeni watched the rattlesnake warily but held still as Lydia cleaned and bandaged her wound. She listened to Lydia’s explanation carefully, face unreadable. True to Lydia’s word, the antiseptic stung, but it certainly wasn’t the worst pain Nylaeni had ever felt. Not by far. Finally the healer closed her eyes and began working her own magic, and as always the Black dragon found herself strangely fascinated. This magic was so different from her own; so concentrated and precise. Still, a Black Dragon’s magic was much more fun.

She was jerked out of her thoughts by the odd sensation of her flesh quickly re-growing itself. Lydia wrapped her paw up and tied the bandage off smartly, instructing her not to put too much pressure on it for a few days. She snorted but dipped her head in acceptance. “Thank you, Healer Lydia,” she said formally, stretching her wings and bowing as she prepared to take off. She was slightly worried that she wouldn’t be able to take off from a standstill with only three legs for support, and flicked her tail in embarrassment. To delay what she was sure would be a humiliatingly awkward takeoff she spoke to the other female black.

“How long have you been in Nova Scotia? I don’t think I’ve seen you around here before.” Now that the dragoness was standing, Nylaeni inspected her critically and was rather unimpressed. The other dragon was rather skinny for their breed, and her scales lacked a certain shine. The way she moved indicated to Nylaeni that she was either very tired, very sore, or both. Her age was impossible to tell - while she didn't look especially old, she didn’t seem to have the energy that a young dragon would possess.

Edited by Aquila

Igneel watched with slight curiosity as he dragged the deer to the tree. He stretched his his wings, causing them to click in places.

"I am Igneel Jericho, born in Ireland." He said, his face proud at the mention of Ireland. He may long for the country, but he wouldn't return, not after the incident that forced him to leave was still fresh in his mind after all this time.

"What is your name?" He asked, curiosity peaked. He wasn't too sure about how to talk proper in conversations, but he atleast had some manners.

Uh-oh, Yüna thought. I've suffocated the Pygmy!

Yüna quickly released the Nilia Pygmy and stared at it. It was true; the small creature's eyes were glazed over and it looked pale. However, its chest was still moving slightly, so Yüna supposed it had only suffered mild brain damage.

Cautiously, he reached out to it and touched it. The Pygmy's scales felt oddly...warm. Since it seemed to be a reptile, warm scales were probably not normal.

Hmm, Yüna thought, barely noticing the blood dripping out of his ragged flesh.

What should I do...?

Lydia. Good. That saved Ekaira the trouble of asking. With luck, Inzara had heard the name as well, given Ekaira's often imperfect memory.

The black dragon didn't look quite like any Ekaira had seen, as her belly scales were gray, instead of the usual yellow or Ekaira's own dark red. Perhaps she was part gray dragon? She was younger than Ekaira, and certainly in much better health.

Reassured that the black dragon was at least making an effort to be friendly, Ekaira smiled. "We've only been in Nova Scotia for a couple of weeks. I've been traveling almost my entire life, mostly alone, and I always hoped I'd find either some like-minded individual to travel with me or some place to settle down. I met up with Inzara a few years ago, we started tracking down rumors of a dragon colony, and we eventually wound up here."

Ekaira chuckled. "I'm still getting used to having so many other dragons around. Early-bird ochredrakes, irascible healers - the reason I'm here, actually - and dragons I've only heard of through stories. It's quite an eclectic group. I don't recall seeing you around, but my memory's not what it was. My name's Ekaira, and if I ever knew yours, I've forgotten - sorry."

Suddenly, Lirm could breathe again. He looked up, his eyes slowly focusing upon Yuna, a frown on his face. Why had the human not acted upon his weakness yet? Why was he not dead, or captured?

The human stared at him dumbly as he slowly climbed to his feet, staring cautiously up at the looming human, eyes wide. He'd never realized how tall the humans were, until now of course. Even kneeling, he was completely dwarfed!

The human was still staring at him, his arm slowly dripping blood onto the ground. Yuna defiantly had grounds to kill or seriously injure him at this point. So why hadn't he?

He sat up on his hind legs, and hesitantly decided to attempt to communicate with the human. "What is it with the trapped food?!" Was his first enraged purr. He bared his teeth at the human, and just about managed to look cute with fish bones and blood on and between his teeth. This had to be avenged...

Or at least explained.

Edited by Lato_Dato

Link opened his closed eye and peeked out at the dragon. He was from Ireland...? He never would've guessed. He raised his head off his paws, leaving his wings out to shade him still, "Hmph. Well, I'm from around here," Link noted, unenthusiasticly, "I'm Link." The dragon felt compelled to bow his head or make some other polite gesture, but stopped to wonder what gestures from Ireland would be most appreciated. Link realized then that he really didn't know what that place was like. He wondered if he'd ever leave this forest, or this island.

A rustling of leaves above him brought his attention back to reality and Igneel, still sitting a decent legenth away from him. Link swollowed the breath he was holding and looked back up at the dragon, trying to pretend calm. But Link was never truly calm, and he settled for the closest he could get, which was mild anxiety and let everything be. He distracted himself by watching ants crawl up his previous snack, and waited for whatever response was coming his way.

Igneel nodded, the information processing itself in his calculating mind. He formulated the idea that Link would know the area and probably the location of other dragons if so.

"Pleasure to meet you, Link. Now, if you're from around here, you must know the terrain and if there are any, the dragons that are around here?" He made an inquisitive look towards Link, hoping for atleast some information. He liked to know where he was, what was there, so he could get an idea of what to do.

Link shook his head at Igneel. Even though he was from the area, and lived here is whole life, he had never strayed far from right here, and hadn't met many other dragons, and had never figured out what was beyond his clearing. Retracting his wings and sitting up, Link glanced up and looked around. As he pictured their location on his head, he figured that they weren't far from where the rest of the dragons centered on the island. Link stood and walked into the sun, staring at the sky and wondering.

He sat and looked down at Igneel. "Um... Maybe..." Link circled until he was almost sure he was facing north. "Maybe that way..? I don't usually venture far from here, so..." He nodded. "There are most likely dragons that-a-way." He circled some more, and he faced south west. "That's all ocean. The island ends there." Link faced Igneel and sat down.

After having this bit of conversation, Link was feeling more at ease. He figured that this dragon could be trusted, at least for now, at the most part. He obliged him with answers, but maybe they could become friends in the near future. Now that thought set Link's mind reeling. He had never had friends before, and he never got along with any others; everyone was so aggressive towards him. The Royal Blue set that thought aside to come back to later, when he had more time to think, but in all honesty, what was there to think about?

((Sorry for any typos. I'm on my iPod. ^^'))

Edited by mickiloo97

Lydia moved into the background while the two other females spoke to each other, not wanting to be intrusive on their conversation. She glanced at Ekaira, trying to pinpoint what might have happened to bring her here to the healing glade. Nothing outwardly visible, but the female looked weary. Perhaps she had been bitten by something or ate a rotten meal, perhaps. The white dragoness turned her head to look at the rattlesnake, her slit eyes squinting in suspicion at the round lump in its belly. It had eaten some of the meat she had kept hidden, gluttonous serpent. She turned her attention to the two black dragons again, waiting quietly until one of them needed her. Such was the way she had fallen into; to be quiet and wait.

Igneel, nodding half-mindedly, thought about his next plan of action. He could fly up again and look for some other dragons alone, or he could venture with Link and search for them together, if he wanted to that is. He remembered back to Ireland and Japan, places full of dragons, one in every city. But here? Hard to find it seems.

"Hmm, well I think the best bet would be to find other dragons, it's easier to ward off predators with others." He didn't know how friendly dragons on this continent were, so he wouldn't know whether that would be a good idea or not, trying to cooperate with other dragons. But this meeting had gone smoothly, so why not others?

Well, she's certainly friendly, Nylaeni thought to herself. At the mention of irascible healers, she laughed. "Ah, yes. Which one, may I ask? I'm Nylaeni. It's good to meet you, Ekaira. There aren't many other Black dragons around here." She glanced at Lydia, who was quietly waiting for them to finish their conversation. So polite. Nylaeni didn't have half so much patience.

Well, so much for learning more about Nylaeni, though at least Ekaira now knew her name. "No, there aren't. I've met a decent number on my travels, though."

If nothing else, Nylaeni had given her an opening for her secondary purpose for being there. "I was referring to Healer Kioren. I don't know if you've had the...pleasure of meeting him, but that I flew all the way out there should give you some inkling of what he's like. Healing talent's fine, when he can be convinced to make use of it, but his social skills are definitely lacking. What the colony really needs is a healer with talent and the ability not to drive away patients." She said this last slightly louder, hoping to catch the attention of Lydia, who was waiting patiently nearby for them to finish their conversation.

Edited by Mathcat

Treya crouched low as she stalked her prey, her form hidden by the grass as she moved forward. She was silent as she moved, her form melting through the grass as though it wasn't there, her every step silent. She was close to her prey, it's form reflected in her eyes which were focused on it with all her might. With a lungs she threw herself at her prey, her claws outstretched.

The butterfly had already taken flight however, and was already a few feet up when Treya's claws grasped the flower it had been on. Treya looked up at the butterfly above her and jumped, trying to bag it out of the air, but failing spectacularly and falling on her back in a heap instead. She giggled as she rolled over and shook herself off, scampering after the insect that was fluttering around in the meadow where Treya was playing. She jumped a few more times, trying to hit the insect and finally capture it, but failed over and over. This didn't stop her from trying, and her giggled drifted around the meadow as she chased the butterfly hither and yon. Finally the butterfly floated out of the meadow and away into the trees, off to who knew where.

Treya looked back at her little wings, which were still coming in and tried to move them. They barely responded, and she gave up because of the soreness.

"Wish I could fly..." She mumbled, looking around. Her current game had just left, and she was already growing bored. "What now?" She asked herself, looking around for a moment. She shrugged and walked off towards the treeline, wishing for something interesting to happen. It had been so boring since mommy had left, and so long. Treya couldn't understand why mommy wasn't back yet, or even really remember why she had left. It hadn't been for food, or water, they had that on the island after all. What had it been?

Treya shrugged and continued to explore, wishing that she could go somewhere else. Mommy had said not to go more then 500 steps from the cave until she had gotten back. Treya had been good and had done as she was told, but was really wishing mommy would come back. It had been so long since mommy had left, why couldn't she go explore further?

Treya stopped as she reached the line that she had drawn where a 500 steps was. A bunch of rocks made an arc through the forest where the line was, showing where she could not go. Treya sat and looked at the woods over the line, wishing she could look. The line had become a prison to her, a place of punishment in her mind. Why else would she be stuck in this area and left for so long? She must have done something wrong. Voices in the distance stopped her, causing Treya to cock her head and close her eyes.

She could hear voices, girl voices. They were talking to each other, although she couldn't tell what they were saying. One though...

Treya's eyes snapped opened. "Mommy!" She yelled, dancing happily. She went to take off towards the voices, but stopped at the line, looking at the rock in front of her. Surely mommy wouldn't mind her coming to see her? Treya only had to stay close to the cave to be safe after all, and mommy would keep her safe. With her mind made up, Treya took off towards the voices, giggling happily as she broke out of her prison and towards her mothers voice. She ran for what seemed like a long time, enjoying every minute of her freedom before she broke into a new area.

"Mommy! Mommy, youre back!" Treya yelled happily as she bounded into the new area.

Treya stopped dead when she entered though, staring at the three dragons in front of her. Two were talking, and one was listening. One of them sounded just like Treya's mother, but how could that be? Treya's eyes grew wide with fear as she took a single step back, her eyes focused on the dragon who sounded like her mother. (Ekaira)

"Mommy?" She asked, taking a single step back. (Treya is a shadow walked just so you know.)

Link stared out into the sky as Igneel talked. When he mentioned something that might be a plan of action, however, he came to full attention. But what the nebula dragon had said, caught him off guard.

"Was that an offer? An offer for me to go with him? Link thought to himself. "No, he was just... But then why would be tell me... It was an offer.

Link was thrown into near-panic. He was almost positive it was an offer for him to tag along, but it seemed like that would be foolish assumption. There was no way to be sure of either option. How do you reply to something like that!?

Noting the increasing gap between dialogues, he knew he had to say something.

"Um, yeah." And Link left it at that. If it was an offer, then Igneel wouldn't leave without him after he 'agreed' like that, and if it wasn't, then he'd just leave. Either way, Link was out of trouble, and the spotlight. Well, close enough.

Ekaira looked desperately at the other two dragons, hoping against hope that the hatchling had been calling out to one of them, but no, she was looking directly at Ekaira. She'd never known quite how to relate to young dragons, given that she had only dim memories of her own hatchling days. At least Ekaira could be fairly sure the hatchling wasn't in fact hers - her memory wasn't quite that bad yet.

Ekaira glanced over at Inzara, hoping to catch her friend's attention without being too obvious about it. She'd know what to do to distract the hatchling until her real mother showed up.

Inzara was, to be blunt, feeling rather left out. She didn't want to intrude on the conversation, and Lydia was waiting patiently to hear why Ekaira had come to see her, so that left Inzara with nobody to talk to - except the snake, and she wasn't quite that desperate.

The hatchling's appearance was a welcome diversion. Inzara was reasonably certain she wasn't actually Ekaira's daughter, unless her ghostly appearance meant that she was an actual ghost of some past event that Ekaira hadn't told her about. Given the look on Ekaira's face, and the way she was trying to get Inzara's attention without anyone else noticing, it had to be a case of mistaken identity.

Inzara was only too glad to help out. She didn't quite trust Ekaira not to inadvertently scare the little hatchling, and she'd always gotten on fairly well with hatchlings - pygmy dragon hatchlings, at least, and there couldn't be that much difference.

She flew over and landed in front of the hatchling, who looked even more ghostly when seen up close. Inzara smiled, hoping to convince the hatchling she was friendly. "Hello there, dear. Are you lost?"

Edited by Mathcat

Yüna was startled. The Pygmy was staring at him–very menacingly, Yüna thought–and had growled at him.

The sound of rushing water was soft, far as they were from the forest. But if Yüna could get there, he had stones and hooks with which to fight this creature.

Slowly, Yüna backed up, not taking his eyes off the Pygmy.

Lirm narrowed his eyes further, his angry purr rising a notch at the sight of the human's retreat. Of course. Humans didn't understand dragon. He put a fore-paw on the ground, an idea in his mind to advance on the human. Then he paused, a sensible, if slightly pacifistic thought entering his mind. The human seemed apprehensive. Couldn't they just go their own ways, and avoid the trouble?

But then the irate, hungry dragon caught up with those thoughts. He had set a trap with food! Delicious, mouthwatering food! This had to be punished... That had been the last straw!

Suddenly, murder in his eyes, the Nilla's hesitant paw-step forwards turned into a full on rush at the human.

((This is more fun than I've had in a RP for a long while. Run, Yuna, run for your life! xd.png ))