Moondragon007

What are you naming your 2013 valentines?

A beautiful bride, a handsome groom, eh?

I called mine "Groupthink". biggrin.gif

Ha! I wasn't even thinking of that at the time. Makes it even better.

I like the name you chose, too. So far no one else seems to have chosen names based on that aspect of the breed.

Mine are named CB LOL Gardenia Ultra and CB Giving Gardenia Ultra. I'll probably change the second one's name, though.

Mine are Alstroemeria Records, and Gunnerkrigg Court. I'll be changing the second one though.

Currently mine are name The Arsani Dragon and Arsani Valentine.

Mine are called Seahorses and Floristry. Floristry was more fitting, it seems, when TJ's were just hatchlings and I was working off the codes for name ideas. XD But since flowers still play a part for the breed (though not as much), I think I'll keep it there. :3

I named my pair Single Dove Aglarond (because her code is DOvEl) and Tiger-Lily Aglarond (because the stripes on their backs remind me of tiger stripes). Aglarond is one of my surnames.

Well... Arsani means hive, and they are described as having a strong connection to others, sensing what they feel and so on, which of course made me think of the Borg. Naturally. Nothing weird about that, right? unsure.gif

So I called them One Of Two and Two Of Two. I had to. Resistance was futile.

Well one of my girls has a wonderful code, so she won't be named..

but my other one is named:

Valentine Candies

My girls are Karys and Dulcinette.

Karys is a variation on Carys, which is Welsh name meaning "love", from caru. Some naming sites around the internet like to list Karys as a variation of Karis though, which is from the Greek charis, meaning "grace" or "kindness". These etymologies are equally applicable so that's all well and good.

Dulcinette is a variation on Dulcinea, which was created for the novel Don Quixote from the Spanish dulce, which means "sweet". -ette is a French feminine diminutive. To round out the multilingual aspect of this name, I actually pronounce it as if it were from Italian instead of Spanish - *dohl-chee-NEHT* as opposed to *dool-see-NEHT*, because I think it sounds more attractive that way, and it's a made-up name anyway, so why not?

I normally follow a Valentines theme when naming my V-day dragons. However, the codes on my eggs this year required a different naming scheme. Thus my Arsani dragons are named "Ascension with Oma Desala" and "Winds of Chance"

Mine are

Troi Arsani-- the empath from Star Trek Generations

Mizora Arsani-- an all female society

I named mine off of TJ's codes. So one is named Cupid's Bouquet and the other is named Love's Blossom.

Since I am completely unoriginal, I copied a theme I saw someone in the news thread mention so mine are LOL Gardenia Mystery and (a play on Nancy Drew) The Secret of the LOL Gardenia. I may change them later if I get inspired.

Mine are name In The Cloud and Lovely Hue c:

In The Cloud is the title for a song I listened to once (and thought the title was amazing xd.png), and Lovely Hue is because the rosy color of the dragon is lovely to see.