Pixxelation

Influence Improvement

Sometimes, we misinfluence eggs. Right now, the only way to fix it involves teleport, and wastes a two more BSAs. I feel that Pinks should be able to Influence eggs that have been influenced another gender, as long as there is a way to tell the egg has been influenced and the gender it has been influened toward. This makes sense because Pinks influence eggs by adjusting a nest to make eggs warmer or colder, so they could probably readjust a nest easily.

Edited by PieMaster

Like my suggestion says, I'd simply like a way to change influence. I am against it staying after abandonment/trading.

Please don't hijack another user's topic. Yes, they're both about influence, but the elements of influence they cover are very different.

If you wanted to change up the idea it would be better to PM me to reopen your topic than to take over someone else's [or make a new one]. Although it's better to have an uninfluence action [that would then allow another influencing] or allow reinfluencing and THEN talk about having influence carry through teleport, rather than have a workaround fix built in to the influence and teleport idea.

Edited by Pokemonfan13

Thanks for the suggestion! Added it to the OP.

Ahahaha after influencing the wrong egg I feel I should add support. This modification to influence doesn't create any RP logic problems (far as I know), and would make things generally more convenient for everyone, especially if they don't have anyone to help them out.

I support this. It would make it much nicer for the users that don't use the forums.

Hmm, how about this little twist: We all can influence. Which works through controlling the temperature of the egg.

Now, if you accidentally mis-influenced something female, you could use a male influence once to undo the original influence. And use another male influence for actually influencing the egg male.

I wouldn't like that, Olympe. It doesn't make sense for a male to adjust the egg only halfway. Besides, I think little mistakes like that shouldn't be punished.

Hmm, how about this little twist: We all can influence. Which works through controlling the temperature of the egg.

Now, if you accidentally mis-influenced something female, you could use a male influence once to undo the original influence. And use another male influence for actually influencing the egg male.

I thought about that at first, but decided it didn't really make much sense. As Spelunker said, why adjust the nest only halfway? I figure they find nests that are at the other gender's temperature anyway, so it would make perfect sense to simply be able to reinflunce an egg.

I like this (the original idea in the OP). Also if it shows what it was influence. I know we have the action log, but sometimes that gets backed up (like mass naming/AP-hunting/abandoning).

+1 Support from Burning~

I've seen enough people on the forum ask to bounce an egg for mis-influencing. Done it myself. This would be really useful. And since influence works by controlling the temperature of the nest/egg, it shouldn't be too hard to change the temperature and re-influence. =p

I would really support this happening! It makes logical sense to me and it would make my life so much easier when I make that inevitable mistake in influencing!

I don't really influence often and have never mis-influenced, but I can definitely see the use for something like this. Total support!

I've never messed up influence yet, but I still support this.

Maybe we could add in a column on the influence page showing an egg's influence status: Not influenced, influenced male, or influenced female. If the egg is already influenced the Pink's gender, then the option to influence gets greyed out.