_Z_

Notice Regarding Trading Harassment

I'm a little surprised that this has to be a public notice, but it's for the best. I've had some silly individuals PM me when I've stated that I didn't want PMs regarding trades before, but no real harassment. Here's hoping this issue becomes less apparent as time goes on.

Edited by Jazeki

Some of you are surprised people are doing this?

No. Seriously. I certainly know this isn't all of us, but a few of us (mostly the members doing the harassment) think this dragon-raising is SRS BSNS.

Oh dear. Luckily, I haven't faced anything too harsh (a little bit of begging, but I usually give in). I'm sad to see that people are going so far as to condemn someone for being too busy to breed, or uninterested in a trade.

That's NOT okay.

Exactly why I criticize people for PMing the raffle winners only hours after they recieve their prize.

If I may say, I did contact two people that said members that said they won. They both indicated they accepted inquiries about offspring and would select people to receive them. I never heard back, so I let the matter drop. For those that didn't indicate PMs were okay, I never contacted them.

That said, having seen the mods wanting forwarded PMs makes me feel better. If I PM someone, I just politely ask... and a no means no. Also, now I know I can contact them if someone else doesn't understand when I say no. I've only had that once, so I can only imagine how hard it is to have that more often.

That is indeed awful knowing this site, which I consider wonderful and fun, is full of people who would rather be given dragons than earn them. The dragons I have, most are gifts I am sincerely grateful for, but others are ones I have captured myself. I like the thrill of seeing if the dragon I have picked up is either CB or Purebred, so I can start my own lineages or carry on a pure lineage with it.

I enjoy the little chance game I play every time I pick up an egg, either in the biomes or the AP. Plus picking up a low Gen rare or one with a lineage I can continue is even better.

I find if I work for the dragons I have, or am going to give to others, It will mean more to me than having to beg for it or nag someone to give me it. I like kindness when it is freely offered not forced.

Like right now I am looking for a CB Blusang Wyvern for next year's Valentine's breeding period.It will be used with my pereY coded Heartseeker, received as a gift, the offspring will be third gen. I would like to know the likely-hood of picking up a CB Blusang from DC. The info would be appreciated if anybody knows.

Edited by ElementalMistressLuna

Thanks for this thread. I used to have problems like this a while back when I was active in some gifting games and some winners kept bugging me to give them more dragons. it made me lose interest in giving away my eggys. Never thought of turning to someone for help back then unfortunately.

wow, how troublesome D: such thing has never happened to me, but i bet this is happening mainly to those who have won a prize... too bad. i hope this behaviour can be stopped (sometimes i forget the ones i talk to when in internet are also real life people, that may have the same behaviour that they have when they live their daily lives, because you usually forget who you really are when playing a game. This is mainly a game, and the forums are just the way to share your interest in said game. it's too bad some people bully others, and thus ruin their gaming time. the time spent on dc and the forums ought to be an enjoyable experience for everyone >_< i hope the ones that are harassing others may understand how awful their attitude is!)

^i clearly don't have a fun life! xd.png

Man, it's pretty sad there's an actual need for this thread.

I mean, a lot of DC rules are specific to this forum (no eggspam, etc), but "don't harass other users"? I would imagine that's a rule on pretty much every member-only site (at least it is in my experience).

I've been lucky, never had any trouble with this. I had one persistent PM-er long time ago, but it was my honest fault because I simply kept forgetting to breed the pair I had told them I would.

I don't know if this has anything to do with the new Shimmers or not, but I *did* think something along the lines of "omg these winners are going to get bombarded with requests". Which is why I don't request prize-dragons. They've most likely already got tons of requests, and I can wait for a month or so until they are dropping like candy in the AP the way Tinsels did.

I've seen the occasional thread started by a newbie that's basically "i only have two types of dragons, give me different types!", but those threads have always gotten shut down pretty fast, and it's not signalling out a specific member anyways.

I can't say I'm surprised about this. I've had a minor issue or two in the past with people begging me for things, but overall I've had very good experiences here. But considering all the fervor over the new prizes, not to mention the metal explosion, I suppose it was only a matter of time before this problem cropped up. I myself cold-PM'd a couple of people about it, feeling very guilty all the while, but they were very gracious in allowing me on their lists. It probably helps that I treat all trades as I would business transactions and never come to the table without an offer, as it were. It may be a game but that doesn't make the dragons less valuable in the virtual economy of the game, limited as it may be. That's why I suspect most people who do the harassing are indeed on the younger side and haven't yet learned the value of things, virtual or otherwise.

Thanks for the reminder. Shame it had to be said at all.

I gift breed all the time and people are always polite and friendly with their requests. If someone was obnoxious in their requests they'd quickly get added to my DNG (Do Not Gift) list. Everyone here, for the most part, is always so helpful and kind. Would hate to see a handful of goobers change that.

I would like to know the likely-hood of picking up a CB Blusang from DC. The info would be appreciated if anybody knows.

AFAIK, Blusangs are considered rare. I usually see them mentioned on a level with metallics.

Although, how is this going to be policed? Should we send the PMs to the mods, is it just a trust thing? People going to get warnings?

I would like to know what is considered the line, of what can and can not be said...I just don't want myself to get in trouble for crossing the line, that I did not even know was crossed.

I hope this is written out in the rules some place.

Just want to clear up any confusion: This is not a new rule. It is a reminder of a rule that already exists.

Terms and Conditions: http://dragcave.net/terms

Interactions with other users

All interactions with other users must be willful. Bothering other users to return abandoned eggs or posting the eggs, hatchlings, or adult dragons without a user's permission are prohibited.

Board rules: http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?act=boardrules

Respect Others

It isn't possible to get far in the world if you refuse to respect others. Treat others kindly, don't insult them, and others will do the same in return. If you refuse to treat others well, then you will get not only a warning, but a bad reputation, which opens the door for more negativity.

Mods already deal with users harassing others via PM and hand out any necessary warnings. However, since we have had an influx of these instances, this notice was deemed necessary to remind users to respect users and urge users who are being harassed to contact a moderator and forward the harassment to them. This includes letting chat mods know if you are being harassed over IRC. We can't do much if people do not report the harassment to us. If you are being harassed, please contact a moderator.

things like this make me glad i haven't won a raffle yet. though if i did, i don't think i'd tell. i can also be short tempered, push my buttons the right way and be prepared to have lave spewed on you.

I'm sad that the occurrence of something like this has grown so much in frequency that the mods felt it was necessary to remind us to be cool to each other. Come on DC, get your act together. :/

I haven't personally experienced this in quite a long time, I wish i had thought to report it when it happened to me. Thanks for reminding us all that our mods do care, and do want to be informed when something like this happens.

To think I was naive enough to assume that courtesy and politeness were just common sense. ._.

I agree with everyone else saying that it's disappointing we've gotten to this stage. Thankfully I've dealt with (mostly) pleasant, lovely people in the past but it sucks that not everyone has been as fortunate. Hopefully those who are guilty of this and see this thread reconsider their behaviour.

As my father used to tell me all the time as a kid "Treat others as you'd like to be treated".

Edit: *ropes in runaway word* Don't flee from my post! Dl

Edited by Varekis

I'm so glad the members I deal with are able to take no for an answer. I am also able to take no for an answer. I try not to pester anyone, because I would not want to be pestered.

Never had this situation happen, but then again I've never been really active in trades up until now

Since the first day joining DC; I've honestly never had problems with begging, trading, harassment ever. Everyone I PM/who have PMed me have always been polite and respectful; its really a shame one or two people can make the rest of us look so bad! dry.gif

I think we shouldn't mess with "harassment" word here.

We must differentiate it from AB (Annoying Behavior) and XAB(eXtremely Annoying Behavior) [both terms are from my FIDO Network exp] and leave real harassment to common laws.

Edited by Fsaber

Good to remind this rule. sad.gif

I have dealt with many rude people pestering me about trades, harassing and annoying me with PMs and even sending me annoying e-mails after I put them on ignore list here.

I really hope noone else will have to go through this. Because there is a difference between a polite request and begging for an egg repeatedly, being nasty and rude.

I think we shouldn't mess with "harassment" word here.

We must differentiate it from AB (Annoying Behavior) and XAB(eXtremely Annoying Behavior) [both terms are from my FIDO Network exp] and leave real harassment to common laws.

Harassment is still harassment regardless if its in real life or here. If users are actually being made upset in real life, I think it qualities.

Thank you for the reminder _Z_. It is a shame there are people who do this indeed. Never been the target of anything I would consider harassment, and never had anyone complain about it to me.

To think I was naive enough to assume that courtesy and politeness were just common sense. ._.

Varekis, it still is!

Peace.

Edited by Coyote

Wow, Z , really had to post this to shuut some ppl up. Thx for posting Z. Hope other ppl dont continue doing this.