Mousia

Priorities... (OCC)

IC Thread

The above is a link to the IC thread.

Plot

~Five test subjects will team up and create a plan to escape. They must do so before their time is up and Knoll decides that they are no longer valuable. The team must get onto a boat that's going off to civilization without getting caught and without missing the boat and being stuck on the island. The subjects will encounter kind souls who help them along and keep them hidden, but they will also find themselves in contact with relentless employees of Knoll or seemingly brainwashed citizens who report everything to the semi-corrupt authorities. It is unknown whether the experiments will be accepted back in their old communities or whether they will have to keep relying on their peers.

Rules and Guidelines

-Please stay on topic and adhere to the section rules for OCC threads

-No swearing, unless it is censored with a censorkip, which looks like this: censorkip.gif

-There is a PG 13 maximum limit in this board and all members are expected to abide by this rule

-Disrespect in this RP is not acceptable; please be warned that moderators will be contacted if things get out-of-hand

-Please use proper spelling and decent grammar, because this makes it easier for your fellow players to interpret your posts

Map

The title is a link.

Key

Lavender-grey rooms and hallways: guarded by cameras and/or human guards

Cyan-blue rooms and hallways: semi-guarded, but safer than the lavender areas

Dotted lines: doors

Red lines: invisible lasers (they trigger alarms in Knoll's suite and the guard's quarters)

Crimson-red hallways and rooms: not monitored, but extremely dangerous

Lime green rooms: not monitored and completely safe

Bright purple rooms: areas to be avoided at all costs

Red pentagons: armed human guards

Green stars: points where the lasers can be turned off with a password

Black circles and/or ovals: cameras that are always kept on

Yellow circles and/or ovals: cameras that are on for twelve hours a day

Cyan lines: glass

Navy-blue oval: torture area (torture methods change regularly)

Gray area: large air vent

Black area (in background): insignificant hallways and insignificant storage rooms and such

The following are significant or main hallways in the building:

1: Corridor N1

2: Corridor N2

3: Corridor N3

4: Corridor N4

5: Corridor S1

6: Corridor S2

Note: Knoll's suite and the guards headquarters are on the second level. That will not be a place that people will be taken to or anything like that, so I didn't include it for the sake of time and effort.

Character List (A Summary)

Sense Enhanced

Sight: Gregory Swieft

Hearing: Maria Abernathy

Touch: Willow Blackwell

Smell: Vincent Carter

Taste: Kira Rose

Edited by Mousia

That would be hilarious. But I got a few male applications and accepted the one that was sent in first. But maybe I'll open up more spaces once the current experiments escape. What do y'all think about that?

I'm not crazy about it. ^^; More people to escape makes it bland and... Well.

But you're the OP, Mousey. You decide. :3

I dunno. I like to please people. I don't know how else to accept more people unless I have people sign up to be normal citizens and no one really does that...

Plus, I have tons of ideas all the time and I rely on others to say either 'yes, this is cool' or 'no, you're crazy'. Just a thought.

Anyways... I'm gonna post soon, so...yeah. See y'all in a bit.

I was thinking it could be the same day because they might want to look into trying to keep them from escaping because of their conversation at lunch. But if that doesn't make sense than it can be the next day.

Perhaps. I mean, it's all up to y'all. I just had the idea for the RP, but now this is a collaboration. What do you guys think should happen?

No, I meant as in, we're going to all be experimented upon together and talk that way...

I mean, obviously we're going to be experimented upon. I was merely wondering if that was what we were doing.

xd.png Okay.

But yeah. I didn't wanna pigeonhole anybody, so I kinda just left it open for people to put in their ideas. Just going through the tests now...

I might head off to bed soon, so yeah. I'm a little tired and my ideas are weird. I think I'll try to get a good sleep before trying to think of things for now. Good night, y'all!

Yeah, and how would they be experimented on...? I haven't played any experiment/escape RPs, sorry...

I've played some, but they never really got that far. I've read Maximum Ride though, so I have some ideas. Running until they are tired -shocking them if they do not-, running through a maze until they are out -heated tiles preventing standing still-, and perhaps Mousey's thing of a shocking chair?

Wait... Now I'm confused...

What do y'all mean by that? Like the scientists are helping them escape? All that I need to happen to adhere to the map is that they have a few lasers to turn off and a path to find, but any ideas would be good... I'm just kinda confused.

I have no idea how they're going to escape. What I was suggesting the ways they would be experimented upon for now. And if they were going to find a way to talk later.

Oh. Okay. I get it.

Maybe they could talk through the walls with signals or whatever. Like...rhythms. Does that make sense or should I explain it more?

OMG, that would be awesome. Like, morse-code-ish signals?

Yeah. That'd be pretty epic. Like a scratch would be a a dash and a tap would be a dot. Pretty complicated for five burnt-out young adults if you ask me.

Well, maybe one of them (like Gregory with the good memory) could know it, and teach the others somehow.

Edited by Aquila

Oh. That's a good idea. Maybe at lunch or something they could all sit together and pretend to play some game, but Gregory is really teaching the rest Morse code so they can communicate and escape.

Sounds good to me. We'll have to ask TMD, but I'm sure she'll be fine with it.

Which character has been there the longest and which the shortest? Do you know?

She usually is.

I'm pretty sure Greg's been around the longest and Kira the second longest. Willow would be after Kira and I'm not sure whether Maria or Vincent is the newest arrival. Pretty sure Maria's been around for the shortest time, but I'm not entirely sure.

Okay. So besides meals and tests, are the experiments ever let out of their rooms? Like, do they recieve any sort of education? And what is provided in their rooms? Are they allowed books and such? Sorry for all the questions.

I don't think they'd be educated. I mean, if they're just supposed to die there's no point in wasting money on it.

There's a description of their rooms in the OP in the IC thread. But I don't think books or whatever would be allowed because they might inspire a want to escape. I suppose they could smuggle a few in, but I doubt it would be logical for them to be allowed.