finagirl

dragon titles/notes

I didn't see anything like this, so here's my idea.

I would like to see a 10-20 character line near the dragon name that we could use to title a dragon. It would be non-specific, AKA repeatable. It would show up on the main page, the dragon's description page, and most importantly the breeding page.

Uses for this title would vary by the user of course, but personally I would use it to title my dragons with note like "cb" "2nd gen" "even gen" "ice stair" "INBRED!" etc. This would make it infinitely easier to find the breeder you are looking for without having to incorporate it into the name when so many are taken, and you could then have a set theme to titling that doesn't have to change every time you raise a new dragon.

Other uses could potentially have a user making a hierarchy to their described dragons, like "Queen", "Lord protector", "court jester", etc.

Because the title is a user's note/description, it should not be linked to the name in lineages, just as user written descriptions are not seen unless you click on the dragon in question for more details.

Edited by finagirl

I like the idea as long as they show up when breeding. Otherwise they'd be useless.

I agree. breeding would be the only thing I'd use it for.

There are some people who stick it in the names, but it doesn't always look nice to have a "CB" hanging off the end of the name. I would support this.

I don't like having 'CB' at the end of my dragon's names, so I don't - but sometimes I think it'd be helpful. But I would like to be able to add a note that a dragon is CB or whatever to the dragon somehow, especially if it shows up when breeding. I'd support this. =)

I don't really like the idea of it showing up on the main scroll page. I think that would result in a lot of ugly clutter. But I would support it showing on the dragon's view page and definitely on the breeding page!

I would love this--on two conditions.

1. This extra note thing is optional as to whether or not it appears on our main page. I would love love LOVE to see such notes when I go to breed things, but I would also like to be able to view my scroll without seeing all the note clutter.

2. The extra titles don't appear in lineages.

1. This extra note thing is optional as to whether or not it appears on our main page. I would love love LOVE to see such notes when I go to breed things, but I would also like to be able to view my scroll without seeing all the note clutter.

Ditto.

I would love this. I don't like putting lineage info in my names, but when I have a large collection of a certain breed, it's hard to keep track of who is who.

Support!!

I probably wouldn't use it, since I don't track lineage/etc... But if it appears on the breed-page, it might be nice for me to be able to note that, out of the twelve top-dragons I've bred my silver to, a specific one actually "gave silver!". That would be a nice thing to see on the breed-page.

I agree with both of adp's requests. I tend to name dragons with lineages I know might be appreciated if I breed them for the general public, but even then, I can end up with a partnerless dragon and get tired of having to go find it every time and see what kind of lineage it is and if the newest dragon I got will work for it or not. But I also like using creative names for my own dragons, not 4 eg two checkers or something, lol. x3 Perhaps an extra filter where you could turn on titles on your account page or not or something. So I could choose Show: Available for breeding, Show: Titles, Sort by: Breed or something. ^^

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

This. Completely this.

I like this idea very much. I think tho, that it shouldn't show up for anyone but the owner. Like a note to yourself, not the world. 'YOU' would see the note on 'your' scroll page, but if someone else viewed your scroll, they wouldn't see the note.

With that option, I would fully support this idea.

Like. I remember somehow breeding my Canopy with my Golden Wyvern on accident, forcing me to kill the poor canopy.

I also want this for even gen lineages- I apparently can only make them when random breeding.This is a perfect example here.

This would be so, so useful in breeding, as been said before. No, it shouldn't be on our main scroll. But on breeding pages, it is a must.

i can't remember exact topic (so many of them) about scroll sorting methods.

In one of them "Tags" are proposed to serve as an user-difined sorting.

That's exactly the same thing.

i can't remember exact topic (so many of them) about scroll sorting methods.

In one of them "Tags" are proposed to serve as an user-difined sorting.

That's exactly the same thing.

No, this has nothing to do with sorting, really. It has to do with breeding and not having to have lineage info in the name [like a CB trailer or a 4g], and having a place for a title, like the "Queen" in the OP's example.

To me this works best when:

* It is visible on the breeding page

* It is optional on the main page [chosen by the scroll owner, not a "show/don't show" preference for users on how scrolls are viewed, so if a scroll owner wants the labels visible they can have them visible [like the queen and such in the OP] or if they're just breeding notes they can be hidden]

* It does not show up on the lineage page [or is optional on the lineage page? I can see a use where they want the labels on the lineages]

Edited by Pokemonfan13

Actually, tag sorting was proposed in such way, that it can be used as family/lineage name too. Basically - anything you want. If you want to sort by tag - it's up to you to make tags useable for sorting.

Just adding request for display tag in breeding page is enough for killing two birds with one stone.

Edited by Fsaber

I agree with this, as it is if you want to add a note about your dragon you have to either do it in the name or the description. If it's in the name, it clutters up the name. If it's in the description you have to somehow make it part of the dragon's story. I've done both, but it can be really awkward at times. Also, I like the suggestion that it shows up on the breeding page, perhaps under the dragon's sprite.

It would be easier to have it show up under the name. There's room under the name, no room under the sprite.

So it would be something like

Unuir ki Qays

CB

or instead of "Nbrad Riur ki Qays" I could have:

Riur ki Qays

Do not breed

[using names of my dragons]

Edited by Pokemonfan13

It would be easier to have it show up under the name. There's room under the name, no room under the sprite.

So it would be something like

Unuir ki Qays

CB

or instead of "Nbrad Riur ki Qays" I could have:

Riur ki Qays

Do not breed

[using names of my dragons]

Yeah, that would work too.