NixAyum

Pokemon Battling, Training, Trading

Do you battle competitively? Talk about your teams here!

Looking for a trade? Post here!

W/ Legendary use:

Mewtwo

Lucario

Suicune

Zoroark

Ho-oh

Magnezone

W/o Legendary use:

Magnezone

Zoroark

Lucario

Wobbuffet

Chandelure

Tyranitar

I don't have a team specifically for competitive battling on any of my games (yet?), but my Pokemon Online (competitive battling simulator) team is as follows:

Volbeat

Shellder

Marowak

Seadra

Cradily

Ninjask

(Sometimes I substitute Lairon, Raichu, Haunter, and/or Weezing for some of those. Or sometimes more different things.)

I don't play outside NU (except if I go for G/S/C since there is no NU) because I feel like the upper tiers tend to be too restrictive (if not by rules then by design, and I'd think it'd get old to play around weather and Stealth Rock pretty much the whole time), and most of the Pokemon I like a lot are in NU (or they're NFE.) Also, I'm not very good. Probably has something to do with the fact that I tend to use two Bug-Types and two Water-Types and don't really try to build a team around any specific strategy but :V

(That's not to say I haven't beaten ANYONE yet, I just don't win all that much. It feels DAMN good to stall out people's entire teams using Cradily. XD)

I also have a G/S/C UU team:

Arbok

Raichu

Jumpluff

Magmar

Blastoise

Fearow

Edited by Pika_Oi

I've been trying to set up my first competitive team set up but two pokemon I want for my team I'm not sure how to get. I really badly want a drought vulpix and a sneasal. I also need a tepig for my pokedex x3 I'd be willing to trade with someone to attempt to get these x3

stupid autocorrect

Edited by steph1331

I don't battle competitively over Wi-Fi much, lol. But when I do, my team is: (i think, this is off memory)

Serperior

Stoutland

Chandelure

Simipour

Liepard

Swellow

haha They're all level 100 except Simipour, and that's cause I got lazy. xd.png

My other teams are waaay different though. I just can only battle over Wi-Fi on my Black.

My regular team switches out Simipour and Stoutland for my Victini and illegit Shiny Arceus.

Other than Black, I usually battle my friends on SoulSilver, cause my team is pretty decent. My team on SS is:

Vaporeon

Lugia

Typhlosion

Mismagius

Furret

and I forgot #6 on the team. /is failure

Edited by tayloi

A year ago, I used EV train pokemon from Eggs. Problem was that I didn't know how to use them! In terms of competitive battling, so I would never battle competitvely.

Also, one time, I was battling over Wifi against this person who had 119 wins. I acturally managed to defeat their pokemon! But the person was a sore loser and turned off the game, so the win was never counted.

My White team:

Emboar, Braviary, Simisage, Zebstrika, Swoobat, Carracosta

My White 2 team:

Emboar, Lucario, Magnezone, Audino, Swanna, Zoroark

I only really battle my friends here on campus, it's fun. <3

I don't do competitive battles xd.png I do like to breed pokemon though, but I will admit, I don't really do well on EV breeding and such.

If anyone has some to spare, or is willing to work out a trade for DC eggs, I'm really looking to get a complete collection of starter pokemon in White 2, so far I've got Charmander, Chikorita, Oshawott, and Tepig. (I'm also willing to work out trades for other pokemon, especially to complete the Unova dex!)

If interested, drop me a PM smile.gif

I'm slowly trying to work my way into competitive battling. For Black 2, I specially bred a team of: Garchomp, Zoroark, Vaporeon, Aerodactyl, and Hydreigon, with Emboar as my starter. I adore my Garchomp, she has perfect attack and speed, adamant nature, and ev trained in attack and speed. She has the ability Rough Skin too. wub.gif

And my friend just bred me a really special Zorua using the RNG method(shiny, perfect IVs in every stat, timid nature, Extrasensory/Dark pulse egg moves) . I may or may not use it in competitive battling, I'm considering if I feel it's cheating or not to use it. However I plan on getting an Aron the same way for competitive battling, so I may end up using the Zorua as well. As long as Pokemon are not hacked or created out of nothing, I don't really have an issue.

I've never done any proper competitive battling. It seems really intimidating and I'm pretty sure all of my favorite Pokemon are considered pretty bad by competitive standards?

I don't even know how IVs or EVs work anyway... >__>

I don't competitive battle, but I do try to keep track of things like IV's(I mostly care less for EV's, though.), natures, etc, and I do have a quick question...

I have two sneasels, which I'm mostly focusing on atk and speed.

Sneasel 1 - Nature: Jolly(+Speed, -Sp.Attack)

Attack IV: 21

Speed IV: 10

Sneasel 2 - Nature: Gentle(+Sp.Def, -Def)

Attack IV: 21

Speed IV: 26

If EV's weren't relevant, how can I find out which would end up with a higher speed? The one with a +speed nature but low speed IV, or the one with a no-effect-on-speed nature and higher speed IV? They are both at the same level and have no EV's, and Sneasel 1's speed stat is just a bit higher, currently. But I'm not sure about at higher levels~

I might hunt for better IV's soon, I just need a sneasel on my team right now and I want a decent one xd.png

Also, my current team;

Eelektross, Reuniclus, Crobat, Banette, Sneasel(Will be. xd.png)

And my sixth place goes to various people.. Terrakion, or Swanna if I need to surf/fly. Future going to go to Gengar or Hydreigon.

Edited by Aquenee

I battle competetively on Showdown, I used to be better at OU (standard tier) but I haven't played that tier or anything properly in a while. I'm nowhere near the top players but I was alright. My friend's trying to get me into NU :3

I was really intimidated at first but just battling a ton in the tier has given me a sense of how to play. Competetive battling has gotten me so much more into Pokemon - I have new favorites, new way to play, and ingame it's also useful because I have a general sense now of what attacks might KO what, who's faster, etc. My former favorites might not be in the highest tier but it's still fun, like I said you'll get lots of new favorites smile.gif

@Shiny hazard sign: It's not cheating! It may seem like it but most other people's Pokemon will be flawless like that, only makes sense that yours should be too, haha.

Edited by dragonstar

not officially competitively

lol everyone I battle over wi-fi is usually way better than me, I've only won twice out of 30 times or whenever I get close to winning they quit

Once I battled this one person who used the evee trio and they were really good, they won

my ideal team would be

marrowak

tentacruel

hydreigon

crustle

tropius

houndom

I don't play outside NU (except if I go for G/S/C since there is no NU) because I feel like the upper tiers tend to be too restrictive (if not by rules then by design, and I'd think it'd get old to play around weather and Stealth Rock pretty much the whole time)

Nothing forces you to. I play a lot of BW2 OU on pokemon showdown. Weatherless teams are much more common than weather teams. Just make sure you don't get completely screwed over by one of them (that is, having only 1 fire resist or something silly like that). Stealth rock... Yeah, it's stealth rock. > 90% of teams have it, but it's not the stealth-rocks-or-lose dogma from gen 4 OU. I've had a fair amount of games where one or even both players didn't set up any hazards, and I don't notice a huge disadvantage when I don't (except for sash set-up sweepers, which are very rare anyway). I'd suggest you give it a shot, it's really fun, at least with the smogon.com tiers. I don't like the PO tiers that much, especially with Genesect still allowed... brr...

I used to play a lot of NU back in gen 4, though. It's very hard to find a game, though sad.gif

Black2 team:

Magnezone

Weavile/Zoroark

Leafeon

Lucario

Samurott/Chatot

Latios

Pearl:

Torterra

Weavile

Blastiose

Qwilfish

Scizor

Medacham

These are almost all physical, but I cannot find a good Pokemon to replace my Chatot and :'( Weavile.

Yellow:

Pikachu

Cloyster

Golem

Aeordactyl

Mewtwo/Blastoise

Dragonite

Never won a wi-fi battle since people hate having their "perfect" records messed up, but I consider myself pretty good, I usually use fairly exotic movesets.

I use Join avenue a lot because leveling up is really hard when you cannot battle half of what you come across. tongue.gif

I am looking for Johto legendaries on my Pearl.

And my Black2 dex is practically empty.

I have starters and every Sinnoh Pokemon.

Feel free to PM me if you are interested, I can take requests, might not have it but my Pearl dex has 376 caught Pokemon.

Edited by MasterWeavile898

I have a wide variety of Pokemon I'd use w/o legendary use, but none for w/

Here's my list

Accelgor, Electivire, Kabutops, Weavile, Arcanine, Flygon, Empoleon, Garchomp, Gliscor, Gallade, Aggron, Tyranitar, Hydreigon, Chandelure, Ferrothorn, Scolipede, Beartic, and Gigalith. THe first 6 are my most strategic ones.

What pokemon should i use to beat all the tornaments in Black 2 version? Cause my regular team of Archeops, Zoroark, and Scolipede is not working

Teach archeops well rounded moves, (especially acrobatics) teach Zoroark hone claws, and replace scolipede with something that knows hypnosis.

Well, ever since I got my Keldeo in B2, I haven't needed my Samurott anymore. Currently, he's an HM slave, but if you want to trade something nice for him, then drop me a PM. I'll update this later with his new moveset.

Alright, here's Samri's stats.

Level: 39

Exp. to next Level: 1441

Item: None

Nature: Timid

"Sturdy body."

HP: 129

Attack: 87

Defense: 84

Sp. Atk: 101

Sp. Def: 63

Speed: 84

Moves:

Surf

X-Scissor

Dragon Tail

Ice Beam

Also, my current team is:

Keldeo-

Lv. 100

No item at the moment

Breeze-

Glaceon

Lv. 68

Item is a Rocky Helmet

Erincita-

Zebstrika

Lv. 66

No item

Blade-

Skarmory

Lv. 51

Item is an Exp. Share

Star-

Absol

Lv. 52

No item

Ivy-

Espeon

Lv. 54

No item

Edited by animals4501

What pokemon should i use to beat all the tornaments in Black 2 version? Cause my regular team of Archeops, Zoroark, and Scolipede is not working

Ditch Archeops, he looks cool and has nice moves and stats, but defeatist ruins that. If you like the typing then you can easily switch it for the much better Aerodactyl. Scolipede is cool, but Archeops/Aerodactyl already cover physical attacks, so it would be better replaced with a wall, especially if you use it for poison.

If you are trying to stay in Unova, try what Master said; a wall. Skarmory and Umbreon work well. You can also try to catch Heatran- it has a nice typing and resists lots of moves.

If anyone wants to battle me I'll try my best, I don't ev or iv train, but my team is pretty good, I got a lucario,a ninetails,an espeon, a galvantula, a braviary and a samurott, just pm me to battle

None of my real life friends have pokemon so I usually don't battle even though I want to, but anyways my team that isn't the best they're just really strong and I've only lost a battle once biggrin.gif here they are:

the star, Prinplup!

2nd in line, Luxio

The one that's a backup, Psyduck!

3rd in command, Buizel!

4th only if needed, Ponyta!

5th the only one that's there just in case, Geodude!

Also I'm playing in pearl! <3 pearl.

EV and IV, I have no idea what that means, yeah I'm not that good at the game.(DS, gotta love 'em!)

Okay, does anyone know how to beat the Champions Tournament? My brother is trying to defeat them (I'm catching up, have to beat that one tournament 10 times) and none of his pokemon are fast enoigh to beat Red's Pikachu. What would be three good Pokemon to use?

Okay, does anyone know how to beat the Champions Tournament? My brother is trying to defeat them (I'm catching up, have to beat that one tournament 10 times) and none of his pokemon are fast enoigh to beat Red's Pikachu. What would be three good Pokemon to use?

Only Ground-Types are going to be the most effective against a pure Electric type.

You might want to try Dugtrio, which is the fastest Ground-type to date. You might also want to try Wings, an item that can be consumed until the max, 255, stat is reached.