NixAyum

Pokemon Games

I never got to properly play through any gen 4 game. I owned Diamond version but my cartridge broke before I even got to the first gym and I never really bothered to replace it or anything.

So I'm not the only one! I got very near to the end of Diamond but then I... stopped for some reason. I don't remember why. I think I only had one gym left, too.

I hate the trek from Norman to the flying-type gym leader. Winnona? Fiona? I have no clue what her name is but I'm too lazy to google it. But yeah, screw this long grass. I had to keep running through it to get to the Pokemon center across the water. Repels, how I love you.

Kanto (1 gen) will always be my favorite game. I love the games! And I can clear it without my eyes... I know the most if it.. :$ But I really love it.

So I'm not the only one! I got very near to the end of Diamond but then I... stopped for some reason. I don't remember why. I think I only had one gym left, too.

I hate the trek from Norman to the flying-type gym leader. Winnona? Fiona? I have no clue what her name is but I'm too lazy to google it. But yeah, screw this long grass. I had to keep running through it to get to the Pokemon center across the water. Repels, how I love you.

Yup, it's Winona. XD

Yeah, the walk is really long. Also Route 119 (the one with all the long grass) seems really long for a route. Is it just me?

Although I have to say I think Route 119 and 120 might be my favorite routes in Emerald. I don't know why, I guess I like the scenery and all the weather effects?

Also feebas.

Edited by Switch

(not wanting this thread to die) Does anyone else here besides me like Gen 4 Pokemon? I understand that earlier generations was the roots of Pokemon, but not everyone prefers the roots. I'm not saying I hate earlier generations, I don't, I'm just asking who here likes later generations, like me.

I like 'em all. :>

Just beat Winona, none of my Pokemon fainted. And who said you need a balanced team? cool.gif

I love all the generations! I've said before in another topic, I think, that I only really dislike maybe 4 Pokemon. And it's not like "oh my god I hate these pokemon" it's more like "ehhhh". Gen 3 is probably my favorite, but I'm biased because Emerald was my first game. :L

Edited by Switch

I love all the generations! I've said before in another topic, I think, that I only really dislike maybe 4 Pokemon. And it's not like "oh my god I hate these pokemon" it's more like "ehhhh". Gen 3 is probably my favorite, but I'm biased because Emerald was my first game. :L

Switch you're my DC twin :U

Emerald was my first game too, since when the first games came out I was too embarrassed by my peers to play them. ("Pokemon is a BOY thing!" *rolls eyes*)

I really liked FireRed after I played it the first couple times, but I can safely say it is my least favorite game. The Kanto-based games are collectively my least favorite games out of the series, save for yellow. I just didn't really like the story lines at all, especially compared to the others which were a lot more entertaining.

As for the Pokemon, I can't really choose a generation that I overwhelmingly like over the others. I probably have the least number of favorites in the first generation, but my top favorite is from Kanto- Rapidash- so I don't really mind at all. I have favorites from each gen, as well as Pokemon I just don't care for. (Magnezone, UGH. And Swalot. And Voltorb/Electrode. Exeggutor. Pineco/Fortress. Medicham. Nosepass. Darmanitan. Ferrothorn.)

Brother called his Cubone Boner, I don't think he knows what it means rofl laugh.gif

I love soulsilver.

I also love the first generation, the mew glitch puts it high on my list.

I haven't gotten very far on my sapphire and emerald, but I'm sure that they are great.

Question: who here uses Berries, and why or why not? My impression is that they aren't heavily used items, but as I'm a little obsessed with them myself, I'm curious as to why. I can see why you'd want to use (example) a Focus Sash in place of a Rindo Berry in a tournament setting, but it seems like no one I've talked to uses them much AT ALL.

I personally love Ruby, since it was the first Pokemon gave I've ever gotten/beaten. My secound would have to be Pearl.

I think my favorite of the Pokemon games is between Sapphire and Platinum. My personal favorite Pokemon is Altaria, and I actually really like a lot of the 3rd Gen Pokemon in general.

My favorite Pokemon is probably Garchomp, or Gliscor, or Aggron, or Gallade, or Electivire, or Empoleon, of Tyranitar, or Frosslass, and stuff.

My favorite gen is 4

I was playing Red version last night and turned my Black 2 version on. I can't believe how bad the graphics were in the 90s. But still, it's a classic game.

Question: who here uses Berries, and why or why not? My impression is that they aren't heavily used items, but as I'm a little obsessed with them myself, I'm curious as to why. I can see why you'd want to use (example) a Focus Sash in place of a Rindo Berry in a tournament setting, but it seems like no one I've talked to uses them much AT ALL.

Persim berries are definately the most useful to use. They heal confusion. When I'm playing Diamond, or Platinum, I always plant and grow them.

I loved the first gen. All of my favorite pokemon are from red and blue. Gengar is my all time favorite Pokemon. biggrin.gif

Personally, my favorite games are HG/SS with platinum as a close second. After platinum I never really got into diamond and pearl ^^; Black and white I didn't really enjoy: I feel like they were trying to hard to make cooler graphics. Personally I liked the simpler look. Also I didn't like a lot of the new pokemon, especially the starters. Strangley I've never played any of the gameboy games.

I liked RSE the best *Is shot* the storylines were only slightly corny, and the music was awesome. But 4th Gen really brought in some sweet Pokemon. *Cough*Weavile*Cough*

EDIT: And berries, the harder to obtain berries that boost stats when your HP is low are pretty useful, and the berries that weaken super-effective attacks. Stick a Yache berry on Garchomp and watch as your enemy's smug little Ice Punch does nothing! Well not nothing, you'll be down to only a couple HP, but you can KO that pesky Weavile.

Edited by MasterWeavile898

I started playing Diamond last night. It's the only region I've never actually played in before for some reason, so everything is shiny and new to me, which is great! Haven't had that with a pokemon game for a while. I also started replaying Black a few days ago, but I got distracted by Diamond. tongue.gif

I'm not going to complete my Pearl dex tomorrow, am I? Sigh, oh well. It'll be done next week.

EDIT: Oh, maybe I will get this done, I'm done with Kanto and Johto, finished Sinnoh ages ago. All that's left is Hoenn, should be easy.

Edited by MasterWeavile898

I'm replaying Johto now. I can't stick to one game. >.< I started with black about a week ago since I never finished it the first time around... then went to diamond, since I'd never played it before... and now I'm back on gold because it was the first pokemon game I ever played and I played it inside out. I'm feeling so nostalgic. <3 It'll always be my favourite, since it was my first.

I found a shiny quagsire in heartgold on the 6th this month, early Christmas present

Strangely enough, the 6th of December a few years ago was arguably the worst day of my life, damn snow

Yeah I transferred the quagsire onto my white so I guess it's time to do some more hunting.