kiffren

Pokemon General Discussion

I kinda feel bad, last time I played Yellow (since my DS doesn't let me play Gameboy color games dry.gif ) My pikachu fainted when he fought against Lance. That Dragonite was tough!

What pikachu does when you fish is really cute. When you talk to him he's wearing the fishing basket on his head and then flips it off with a smile.

Then when you teach him an electric attack with a TM (I can't remember if he smiles or looks though) but he lights up his cheeks and his entire picture box comes alive with his electric attack that he unleashes right then and there.

Now I wish I could play it.

Oh! There is a site where you can play old Gameboy games for free, including Pokemon Red, Blue, Yellow, Silver, Gold and Crystal. It's called 'playr.org/games'

It's got other old games besides pokemon.

Yeah, my DS doesn't play GBC games either, that's what my GBA is for. tongue.gif

The dragonite is still tough for you? Try teaching your fastest Pokemon that can survive a single hit mimic, then mimic blizzard from it. (Or ice beam from the earlier dragonair.)

Yellow version had mimic? blink.gif that's news to me. I may do that. I do have an old SP, I just need to find it's charger since the battery doesn't hold a charge for very long.

Wanted to get a new Battery from Gamestop, but they told me they don't carry them anymore and that I'd have to get one from Nintendo.

How are you suppose to do that anyway, I doubt you can call them up and say, "Hey there, my battery is dead, can you send me a new one ASAP? Thanks, have a nice day!"

I wonder how much a new battery costs or even if they still make them for SP's anymore.

Yeah, the girl in Saffron city will give you the TM is you give her a Poke Doll.

Actually, I don't think that's too far from what you do, but I haven't Googled it yet. tongue.gif

I'll definitely pay that girl a visit next time I play the game.

I hope the battery doesn't cost much. I already gave them my arm and leg for the DSlite I got a few years back, plus the HG and SS games I got within a week apart and both Black and White and then Black 2.

Though, I did get even. After beating White version I restarted it and got me that little Action Replay and played Pokemon White version through it and activated the "SHINY" feature. I just wish it would make your starter shiny as well.

You're right, I mainly did it because I hadn't been having much good luck around that time and felt like making my own luck.

Though, on my HG version I fell in love with the shiny Growlithe I caught just outside of the Safari Zone. He became my number one Fire type and he's the one who took out three or Lance's pokemon at the Elite Four as an Arcanine.

I've gotten a few others over the years and each time I was grateful I had some pokeballs. So I understand what you're saying cause knowing that I would catch shinies easy wasn't the same, but it was only for that game. I plan on trading over my team and restarting it with normal settings after I beat HG again.

YES! MY LIFE IS COMPLETE!

Literally, I just pretty well accidentally completed one of ,my life's goals, while working endlessly towards another.

I have set a goal for myself, I'm going to catch/evolve the last fifty or so Pokemon I need for national dex in Pearl by the end of the week. So I've been doing a lot of grinding. I've been hanging out in the grass above the Resort Area, there's probably a better spot, but I like it there. I was randomly grinding (with two level 100s and a few level 20-30s) when a shiny Ariados popped out. I had no chance of catching it, my Torterra would OHKO it with any move (like it's been doing to the non-shinies all day), and my other Pokemon wouldn't have lasted long. (I suppose I could have been strategic with the 20 or so revives I have left, but I would have derped up at some point.) Luckily for me, I happened to have ~70 quick balls that I grabbed for catching stuff (mostly as junk to trade to my buddy's game), so I decided to see what would happen if I tossed one out. I've never caught anything over level 30 with a quick ball, so I doubted I'd get the Ariados with it, but I guess today was just my lucky day. One quick ball, and there it was.

So now I have completed yet another of my life's goals, catch a wild shiny without hacks. (And possibly dedicate a whole PC box to it.) Now if I can get past the paranoia that tells me it's going to disappear randomly.

But anyway, YES! MY LIFE IS COMPLETE!

Addendum:

I feel like this is needlessly long, but I'm overexcited, so yeah.

EDIT: Don't have much time, but I just caught a shiny Volbeat too. (So much insane luck today!)

Edited by MasterWeavile898

So, I just put Mareep's R/S Pokedex entry into Google Translate, and screwed around with it. It came out like this:

The soft touch cardigan antistatic Mareep was found. Some more bulbous end electrostatic charge in the iceberg growth

So, what have we learned?

1. Someone found a Mareep.

2. It was wearing a soft sweater.

3. Mareep is officially le worst Electric-type.

4. Mareep has an ICEBERG GROWTH!

5. It has "bulbous end electrostatic charge" in it.

EDIT: 6. Google Translate sux.

Edited by DarkShinyLugia

I plan to get another copy of Ruby soon (because the last one I had was a fake copy or something) and use it to transport specially-bred eggs from Fire Red to a new Emerald file.

I've played Emerald so many times that it's time to start the game with new Pokemon.

No? Having an unopened Emerald is amazingly epic. It would make more sense to just buy a used version

Ehh it turns out I'd opened it at some point in the past after all and forgotten that I did, when I went to dig out the box I found it actually lacked the shrinkwrap (???) and upon opening it discovered that the cartridge was not there (????????), so I freaked out for like an hour and just wound up asking my brother if he had a copy with no save data on it.

He handed me a cartridge that had a save on it with a 0:07 played time and told me I could delete the save (it only had a mudkip, not much you can do in 7 minutes) and have fun. So I'm tailing Twitch with my own A and my own zyyxyy & Co. c:

Just don't release Zexy ;_;

(Unless you have a shedninja that can take on its lost soul)

I did a pokemon red playthrough as they were doing red version. (just without the same team and I never whited out or released anything). Took considerably less time haha.

I would play that in a heartbeat man!

Or if your looking for some nice cash you could sell it too, but Emerald is arguably the best for the GBA!

RBY

3DS DOWNLOADS

2/27/16

WHO ELSE IS SUPER EXCITED HOLY CRAP

I was playing Pokémon AshGrey today (a pc rom hack thing) and found a shiny Caterpie and caught it

RBY

3DS DOWNLOADS

2/27/16

Wait wait wait WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT HOLD UP A SEC.

*FRANTIC GOOGLING*

GUYS. GUYS? GUYS I SHOULDN'T BE THIS EXCITED.

Oh my holy flipping pancakes I can hear the original music already.

RIP free time in 2016.

RBY

3DS DOWNLOADS

2/27/16

I'm not since I already have the 3 original games

I still have red and blue, and a working gameboy pocket (and my brother has one) and a working gameboy link cable.....

But I am excited that people get to experience the games (and I have a backup if my cartridges ever fail).

And, I never played yellow version so I'm excited to get a chance to play that one!

I still have my Gameboy Colour (purple transparent one <3 ) all my old cartridges as well, but most of them have dead save batteries. D:

Silver was the first to go. I was so sad about it when I found out.

Still excited about it. I never had a link cable so I never got to trade anything with anyone. Wireless trading. :'D Now I just need to find some friends...

I want a GBC because I actually have the cartridge for Yellow.

also I wonder if I can do the mew glitch on the 3ds pokemon yellow >:D

Edited by zorua9

I want a GBC because I actually have the cartridge for Yellow.

also I wonder if I can do the mew glitch on the 3ds pokemon yellow >:D

I sure hope so!

I also enjoyed the Safari Zone/Cinnabar Island glitch. Haha!

I'm not since I already have the 3 original games

Have fun going to play them one day and finding all save data is gone and being unable to save your data ever again unless you open it up and replace the battery. Which is a very delicate thing that can easily result in accidental damage to the game which can make it impossible to replace the battery in such a way that it actually works.

I, meanwhile, will be happily playing my childhood favorites without fear that I'll be unable to save progress ever again.

I'll still probably cry the day I go to play one of my physical copies and find all the data's gone. It'll be awesome to have digital versions that won't suffer that, but it'll still be sad.

RBY

3DS DOWNLOADS

2/27/16

I'm literally crying tears of happiness. TTwTT Pokémon Yellow was my first ever Gameboy Game. Heck, it was my first video game period. The nostalgia, it's hitting me so hard right now.

My list of things to look forward to just keeps growing:

1. Final Fantasy 7 remake

2. Kingdom Hearts 3

3. Cloud Strife in Smash Bros

4. Red, Blue and Yellow released on 3DS

It's a great time to be a gamer. =w=