LadyNightshade

Fire Emblem

Nope, his name is still Chrom in the US version. Weird that Noire's name would be different.

It isn't - it was just me being stupid and not seeing the 'e' *epic facepalm* I STILL haven't rescued Noire yet, I keep having to restart when people die. But I'm pretty certain I'm going to win next time... I'm bookmarked halfway through the latest attempt, and I'm doing pretty well biggrin.gif

NOOOOOOOOO.

I AM SO STUPID. I deleted my BEST character- the guy who has manakete Morgan xc I mean, I have another file, but that one of him is at the Conquest. *sniff* Gotta make the gal, Vallyna, as amazing as that guy I deleted. I named him Decicie, which is a weird name, but no one ever minded. I even killed Grima! :c

In answer to your Member Title, girlfairy76: Nowi does indeed win. She just got married to Ricken on my Fire Emblem, soooooo cute wub.gif I mean, I can't imagine her or Ricken being with anyone else, they're so perfect for one another. Anyway, I FINALLY rescued Noire, and I have also now got Yarne (although not without Kellam being killed... *sob*) who, on my game, is the son of Frederick. Question: Is it true that, as I assume, the hair colour of the children is determined by their father while the actual character is always the child of their mother? Or is it perhaps the other way around with some of them? ('Cause Lucina is always Chrom's daughter.) And, if so, is the fur on Yarne's beast form affected too? If it is, I am SO pairing Panne with Gaius on my second playthrough just to see a bright orange taguel xd.png

I don't think the children's appearances change aside from Morgan. The child is always from the same mother (Lucina being the only one tied to her father), except Morgan who is always from the avatar character. Morgan will always be the opposite gender of the avatar, and gets the hair color of the avatar's husband/wife, and is the starting class of the husband/wife (with a few exceptions that make Morgan a tactician to start, like marrying Chrom). Other than that, I believe the children always look the same/have the same starting class.

Edited by shikaru

InQuestion: Is it true that, as I assume, the hair colour of the children is determined by their father while the actual character is always the child of their mother? Or is it perhaps the other way around with some of them? ('Cause Lucina is always Chrom's daughter.) And, if so, is the fur on Yarne's beast form affected too? If it is, I am SO pairing Panne with Gaius on my second playthrough just to see a bright orange taguel xd.png

The offspring always come from the mother, so if you don't marry off one of the girls, you won't get that kid. The hair color is from the father and does change depending on what the pairing is. The ONLY exception to this is Lucina, who looks the same, regardless of who the mother is and is always Chrom's daughter.

And, with the exception of the little tuft of hair on Yarne's head in the character photo, his hair/fur is always brown regardless. And I did pair Panne with Gaius on my first playthrough. And, no changes.

The hair color is from the father and does change depending on what the pairing is.

I guess I just happened to pick pairings that make the children look the same as they do in official artwork. XP I didn't realize that anyone other than Morgan's hair changed.

The color of the hair doesn't change too dramatically for most pairings. I think only Henry, Gaius, Vaike and Chrom really make the children's hair stand out as different since all the other male characters have brownish hair.

Wait. What kind of hair color would Morgan have if you marry Basilio/Walhart? Walhart I imagine to be blonde under the red stuff. Basilio... Well, I have no idea.

Well, Walhart does have visible white hair so Morgan would probably have white hair from him. With Basilio I would guess black hair, as that is the color of Basilio's facial hair.

The only Fire Emblem game I've played is Radiant Dawn on the Wii. I adore strategy games like that. It's one of my favorite games.

The offspring always come from the mother, so if you don't marry off one of the girls, you won't get that kid. The hair color is from the father and does change depending on what the pairing is. The ONLY exception to this is Lucina, who looks the same, regardless of who the mother is and is always Chrom's daughter.

And, with the exception of the little tuft of hair on Yarne's head in the character photo, his hair/fur is always brown regardless. And I did pair Panne with Gaius on my first playthrough. And, no changes.

Awwww! I was looking forward to an orange taguel... or silver (Henry)... So, is Nah's dragon form always red? I wondered, because in my game her father is Ricken, and he has kind of orangey hair... I guess it's just coincidence.

If Morgan has the same starting class as the avatar's husband/wife unless the avatar is married to Chrom (like my avatar), does that mean that s/he has a different biography in the roster when their father isn't Chrom? It says in my game that he wants to be a great tactician like his mother (I second-classed him to wyvern rider, BTW), but surely that wouldn't make much sense if he was another class? And yes, I know that this post doesn't make a lot of sense...

Awwww! I was looking forward to an orange taguel... or silver (Henry)... So, is Nah's dragon form always red? I wondered, because in my game her father is Ricken, and he has kind of orangey hair... I guess it's just coincidence.

If Morgan has the same starting class as the avatar's husband/wife unless the avatar is married to Chrom (like my avatar), does that mean that s/he has a different biography in the roster when their father isn't Chrom? It says in my game that he wants to be a great tactician like his mother (I second-classed him to wyvern rider, BTW), but surely that wouldn't make much sense if he was another class? And yes, I know that this post doesn't make a lot of sense...

I think Nah is always pink in dragon form, though her father in my game is Gaius so I could be wrong again. According to the wiki she always is.

Morgan is a tactician if the avatar marries Chrom, Olivia, Lucina, or Walhart. I think it could still make sense that s/he wants to be a great tactician like their mother. Just because that's not how the started doesn't mean they can't aspire to it. Kind of like if someone is a teacher but actually wishes they could be an astronaut or something.

Morgan is a tactician if the avatar marries Chrom, Olivia, Lucina, or Walhart. I think it could still make sense that s/he wants to be a great tactician like their mother. Just because that's not how the started doesn't mean they can't aspire to it. Kind of like if someone is a teacher but actually wishes they could be an astronaut or something.

...You can marry Walhart?! In my storyline at the moment he's trying to kill me! He killed Basilo... didn't he? Oh gods, I have a feeling that something really weird and unexpected is going to happen in the storyline very soon... (I just completed Valm Castle Approach.) So, you can have a taguel or manakete Morgan, right? If I ever play through as a female avatar again, I am SO marrying Yarne - he's seriously hot xd.png Oh, but then there's Stahl, and Henry, and all those other guys who are really cool... Why oh why did I let the game marry me to CHROM?! Waaaaa sad.gif Anyway, I guess if I do play through again it'll be as a male avatar... then I can marry Nowi and have a manakete Morgan, which would be awesome because I think that I could then have FOUR manaketes in my team (Tiki, Nowi, Nah and Morgan.) I adore manaketes rolleyes.gif

...You can marry Walhart?!

I got the information out of the fire emblem wiki, so..

I believe it's a dlc thing, though if it's one of the paid ones or one of the free ones I don't know.

*imagines marrying Walhart* Oooooh, he's quite handsome now I come to think of it... Goddangit, why am I such a fangirl? It's not normal to fall in love with fictional characters xd.png

You can marry basically anyone from this game. There are certain characters available through "spotpass". You have to go to Wireless > Bonus Box > Bonus Maps and then click all of the maps. If you don't have them, you need wifi to connect to the internet and download them (they're free!). I believe the chapters are only available to reach right before the last chapter, though.

Walhart, Gangrel, Yen'fay, Priam, Aversa and Emmeryn are all available this way. And you can marry any of them (depending on your gender, of course).

My roommate just introduced me to the Fire Emblem series this year, starting with Path of Radiance for the Gamecube. It's so amazing, I can't even stand it. I'm playing my way through Radiant Dawn right now, and I'm enjoying it immensely.

I can't say that I cared for Sacred Stones much when I tried it, but I think I just prefer console games. I'm a sucker for some good graphics!

My roommate just introduced me to the Fire Emblem series this year, starting with Path of Radiance for the Gamecube. It's so amazing, I can't even stand it. I'm playing my way through Radiant Dawn right now, and I'm enjoying it immensely.

I can't say that I cared for Sacred Stones much when I tried it, but I think I just prefer console games. I'm a sucker for some good graphics!

Depends on what you consider "good" graphics, but I think the graphics in Awakening are amazing. The cutscenes alone are gorgeous.

The Opening:

Here's the first scene from the game (and it looks spoilerish, but I swear it's the first scene from the game other than the opening credits):

I like the more cell-shaded graphics of the portraits as well.

Depends on what you consider "good" graphics, but I think the graphics in Awakening are amazing. The cutscenes alone are gorgeous.

The Opening:

Here's the first scene from the game (and it looks spoilerish, but I swear it's the first scene from the game other than the opening credits):

I like the more cell-shaded graphics of the portraits as well.

Oh yeah, I have no doubt the 3ds version looks pretty amazing! I was talking mostly about the older GBA versions, where the sprites are so little you can't even see much of them. Unfortunately I don't have a 3ds, so I can't play Awakening. Maybe someday. sad.gif

I am fairly new to the series and only have Shadow Dragon (though I play the original on an emulator). I do not mind sucky graphics, I just like the gameplay and story.

Fire Emblem Awakening has the best graphics of any game I have seen - the only games I can think of that come anywhere close are Xenoblade (Wii), Skyrim (I've only seen it on PS3), The Legend Of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii) and TLOZ: Ocarina Of Time 3D (3DS). So, if you've played any of those games, think that quality of graphics but even better. IN 3D. Every time there's a cutscene, or a battle, I'm just like "OOOOooooOOOh that's pretty!" My favourite graphical moments? Watching manaketes attack (Ice shards everywhere!) or mages using Bolganone, Superior Jolt or Arcfire... not to forget the breathtaking detail on the griffons. Morgan recently became a Griffon Rider on my game, so now I get to see those gorgeous brown feathery wings, sharp talons and that convincingly fluffy tail every battle *continues ranting about griffons for some time*

It's interesting. I just did the OwainxLucina S Support and it doesn't mention ANYTHING about Marriage (their relationship was referred to as "partners" in the conversation). Plus, in the character information it says "Companion" instead of Wife/Husband. CLEARLY in Japan they got married but in the US version.. uh, no cousin marriage for you! It stinks that their related because their support conversation IS really cute. I'm surprised the translators/programmers went through the trouble of editing the S support instead of just removing it if they found it so offensive.

It's interesting. I just did the OwainxLucina S Support and it doesn't mention ANYTHING about Marriage (their relationship was referred to as "partners" in the conversation). Plus, in the character information it says "Companion" instead of Wife/Husband. CLEARLY in Japan they got married but in the US version.. uh, no cousin marriage for you! It stinks that their related because their support conversation IS really cute. I'm surprised the translators/programmers went through the trouble of editing the S support instead of just removing it if they found it so offensive.

It's because there's a lot more negative stigma towards cousin marriage in the US. Regardless of if the translator's were offended or not, they most likely did the edit on a cultural basis.

Does it let them marry in the UK version? I don't actually have Owain yet, but Lissa and Lon'qu are at A level support (Owain is Lissa's son, right?) and I don't have a partner for Lucina yet... the only other male children I've unlocked so far are Morgan, who's her brother on my game, and Yarne, who I've paired up to Noire (they are already at A level! So cute!).

Does it let them marry in the UK version? I don't actually have Owain yet, but Lissa and Lon'qu are at A level support (Owain is Lissa's son, right?) and I don't have a partner for Lucina yet... the only other male children I've unlocked so far are Morgan, who's her brother on my game, and Yarne, who I've paired up to Noire (they are already at A level! So cute!).

Yes, Owain is Lissa's son.

I'll have to pair up Yarne and Noire on the next playthrough. I paired Noire and Brady on my first playthrough and Noire and Owain on my second. Both pairings had cute stories, I thought.

My next playthrough i'm making a Male avatar and having him marry Lucina. I want to see Morgan's story then, because coming back in time with Lucina doesn't make sense then. Also, I want to see the part where [spoilers] she tries to kill me only instead of either Chrom stepping in or saying she can't kill her mother, she says she loves me too much to kill me [/spoilers]